would you sell Ronaldinho if we got an offer of 10 million or more?

Would you?

• Total voters

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
As the topic title asks, would you sell Ronaldino if we got an offer of 10 miilion or more?

I'm interested to see who would sacrafice Roni for 10 million or more, I'd be interested in seeing what the majority of folk think...

As I see it, and have stated before... If an offer of 10 million or more came in, I'd consider it. Its not just the 10 million fee, that doesn't seam a great deal in todays market, but the wages we'd save on him are what just sways it for me!

He's in his final year, wont take a wage cut, could leave for nothing next year, and probably wont be as effective this year as he has nothing to play for other than pride maybe!

The 10 million and wages could easily fund Honda or Ramires or Ganso, plus any left overs would pay a chunk of any fee for Ottamendi or VDW would it not? Or we could pay the majority of any fee for two out of Honda or Ramires or Ganso if they'd fit in to our formation next season.

I've loved having Roni at Milan, and we would not have finished as high as we did last season without him, FACT!

But maybe we need to be realistic and not be so centimental about him, are we not giving G a hard time for keeping players past their best. Maybe this is the perfect time to sell, and thank Roni for the memmories... What happens if we sign him on for another 2 seasons on his rediculous wages and he's shit for the next 2 years? Will we not be saying we should have sold him this Summer when he was coming of a great season!!!

I think the revolution has to start this summer, even if its just a couple out and a couple in, it has to start now! Some tough decisions need to be taken, and selling Roni must surely be one of the toughest, but maybe the starting point.

Just some thoughts, I'm interested in what others think?

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
the only way id sell dinho would be
1. if we were promised someone who either is amazing or has the chance of being amazing very soon.
2. an established player was bought like van der vart or someone who can fit right into the team and help straight away.

the things im worried about are that we sell him and dont buy anyone or someone who cant help our team and that pato will feel worse off without dinho in the team.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No. The money we would save is much smaller than what Dinho could do.

Dinho's importance to the 2009/2010 season >>> Small amount of money gained from selling him.

av1hs89

Passive Fanatic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano
Considering his pivital role in our last campaign I would not sell. Ten million is not enough to buy a player that can provide a similar impact nor does our management seem capable of negotiating deals.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the only way id sell dinho would be
1. if we were promised someone who either is amazing or has the chance of being amazing very soon.
2. an established player was bought like van der vart or someone who can fit right into the team and help straight away.

the things im worried about are that we sell him and dont buy anyone or someone who cant help our team and that pato will feel worse off without dinho in the team.

I agree that any sale should only be to fund someone coming in to take his place in the squad or help fund someone in another area we desperatly need!

@ KujaIX, did he not have a great season there because he was trying to get in the Brazil squad? His previous seasons aint been Earth shattering... We've only seen glimses.

I just think its not only the money we'd recieve, and save on wages... He hasn't got anything to play for next season, as sad as it is to say, we cannot get caught up emotionally and just keep him off the back of next season, we need to do whats best for Milan... And is keeping an ageing Roni, who might decide he cant be bothered next season a good idea in our current financial situation?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
You don't know that it was because of the WC. Maybe he just loved the atmosphere at Milan.

Saying that is like saying "Messi has only been good and improving since 2007 because of the 2010 WC" You can't really tell if it's true.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
25m and you can have him. anything less than fuck off. i say let's keep him, atm he's our best player or if city wants him for crazy money than sell him but than bring suitable replacements. 10m is shitty money. ffs even cavani costs 17m euros and dinho's right toe>palermo.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You don't know that it was because of the WC. Maybe he just loved the atmosphere at Milan.

Saying that is like saying "Messi has only been good and improving since 2007 because of the 2010 WC" You can't really tell if it's true.

I just fear that we keep him, or extend his contract and he's not the same player this season, and we're discussing him next year in the same vein as Kala and Oddo etc :cry:

As for Messi, he's young and has many WC's to come... I dont think you can compare the 2.

Its fact that that was probably Roni's last chance at a WC, if that isn't going to drive a player on I dont know what will. Look at Beckham, he would have given anything to be with England in the Summer, and I think Roni played out his skin to do the same with Brazil.

Its a fact we'd have finished well outside the top 4 without him last year, but what will drive him to perform to the same levels this coming season in a team thats lacked investment and is another year older and probably wont chanllange for anything at this rate?

Its no easy decision, but the fact is we need to start turning the team around, and we'll have to replace him next season, fact! Any money raised, saved from his sale and wages would help invigorate the squad...

If we sold him for 10 million plus the 18 million saved wages, thats 28 million saved/brought in. If we got say VDV to fill his void, we'd still have at least 13 million left over. If we used the 13 plus our 25 million transfer kitty, thats 38 million. We could easily go for Ramires, Hondo or Ganso, and bring in Ottemendi or VDW, thats a great start to changing things is it not? We're going to have to start revolutionising the squad at some point, and I think we need to start now!

If sell Roni and bring in VDV, and strengthen a couple of other areas do you realy think we cant challenge for a CL place?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
if there is no extension sell him but we will be in europa league without him :d

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
If we don't extend his contract and we sign new players so we can have a good first team in a 4-3-1-2 or so, then my answer would be yes... we got him only 1 more year, and if we use this 10 mio to rebuild (next year it will more difficult to do so when he goes for nothing) then I could live with it... though I'm not so sure about 10 mio... no extension, then 15+ mio is a certain yes for me (if we invest)... I don't want him to leave, but I understand we might not have him for much longer, so it's not like he is our future like T.Silva and Pato.

So yes, as long as we invest in new players because we lose a key player for which we don't have a decent backup.

edit: I now read he wants to leave, so now my answer will be: YES! Because I don't expect him having a very good season then.

Last edited:

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
No way would i sell him for 10m would have to be double that before I would consider selling Dinho

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
So fucking simple.

If Ronaldinho's money is enough to buy Ganso, which probably is, than yes, it's absolutely worth to sell Ronaldinho. Ganso is younger, better and won't receive such a high wage. Even if he takes time to adapt to Milan, it's a great choice. Midfielders like Ganso are hard to find and waiting one year is too much. His price is going to increase.

If there's no option to Ronaldinho, then it's not worth selling him because Milan would have no playmaker but Seedorf and he would be overloaded. But I just don't believe that Milan's scouters are so bad that can't find a sub to him for 12/15 million.

The only reason why Ronaldinho had nice games last season is because he's very skilled. He never had big testicles and it's even worse when he's not motivated. Maybe the opportunity of going to the World Cup was what motivated him to save Milan's ass in some games.

Now keeping Ronaldinho without the opportunity of going to the World Cup and without a new contract is very very riskful.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Maldini, Savicevic, King Pelé
I chose the third option. We can't sell him because we simply don't have replacement for him. He's lack of ambition is annoying, but even 60 % of real Ronaldinho is a good option in attack. Unless they buy Ganso, Neymar and Andre from Santos. :D :D

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I chose the third option. We can't sell him because we simply don't have replacement for him. He's lack of ambition is annoying, but even 60 % of real Ronaldinho is a good option in attack. Unless they buy Ganso, Neymar and Andre from Santos. :D :D

Andre was already sold and Neymar sucks.

Neymar dives as much as Torres, is very weak physically and has a disgusting bad attitude.

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm glad some sense and seams to be getting spoken here, rather than the sentimental 'But he was our best player last season' stuff in the transfers forum.
Yes he was our best player, yes we'd have struggled to get into the CL this year, but if he doesn't want to take a wage cut and sign for another year to help us out then 10 million or more will be welcomed!
He'll not be the same player this coming season with no WC to aim for, no Leonardo, and a seamingly sparce transfer market... I think selling him could be the thing that kick starts a new era in Milan. First him, then Gattusso(with thanks for the memmories), then hopefully one of Oddo, Kala or Janku(I cant see us being that lucky to get rid of all 3). If we could re-coup 10 - 15 for Roni, 3 - 5 for gattusso, then anything for the 3 rebels, thats 13 - 20 million for a player, not to mention the 30 odd million saved in wages.
Getting rid of the old has to start this Summer, and although I'd be happy with Roni staying if he played the same and signed for another year on lower wages, I just cant see him being as effective on lesser wages with no WC... If he left now and we got some cash to invest in someone young, then I'd say goodbye with a smile on my face and have happy memmories of an old Brazilian for a change.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Maldini, Savicevic, King Pelé

Neymar dives as much as Torres, is very weak physically and has a disgusting bad attitude.

Yeah, I see he chose Dinamo Kiev. Bad decision... Neymar still got time to develop, but I'm afraid he's mentally inmature. Ganso is ready to play on top level. Skilled and disciplined playmaker. Perfect for Milan. Well...

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, I see he chose Dinamo Kiev. Bad decision... Neymar still got time to develop, but I'm afraid he's mentally inmature. Ganso is ready to play on top level. Skilled and disciplined playmaker. Perfect for Milan. Well...

I honestly think that Neymar is really really bad. If he's lucky, he'll be a new version of Robinho and that's the same as nothing.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

I honestly think that Neymar is really really bad. If he's lucky, he'll be a new version of Robinho and that's the same as nothing.

+1 and Ganso is not the new Kaka at all, he has deferent style, but he is OK as RW or Playmaker, he is creative and a good shooter, but he has not the Vision of Kaka; but he could learn it and adapt well in our system.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ganso + pato would be awesome and whoever is next brazil coach will be thanking milan if that happened

My only think is if he came in place of ronnie. A new proven forward must be added. I don't think pato isa ready to lead an attack and as awesome a talent as ganso is (lugano is right. He's a rare breed of player). It will take time to adjust to serie A. If ibra (jizzzz) came too. It'd be a much better situation. If its just ganso for ron I'm pretty sure milan won't qualify for next ucl.

Btw to the brazilian posters. What would it take to bring ganso? I know he stated should an offer come from club like milan he'd want to leave...but santos surely don't want to sell for cheap.

Ganso + pato. Are there any forwards with bird names? Perhaps a vulture or eagle?

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bring Ganso in January, get ramires now please :D

Ganso, Pato and Ramires all behind a decent, strong centre forward makes my pants bulge :tongue:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ganso + pato would be awesome and whoever is next brazil coach will be thanking milan if that happened

My only think is if he came in place of ronnie. A new proven forward must be added. I don't think pato isa ready to lead an attack and as awesome a talent as ganso is (lugano is right. He's a rare breed of player). It will take time to adjust to serie A. If ibra (jizzzz) came too. It'd be a much better situation. If its just ganso for ron I'm pretty sure milan won't qualify for next ucl.

Btw to the brazilian posters. What would it take to bring ganso? I know he stated should an offer come from club like milan he'd want to leave...but santos surely don't want to sell for cheap.

Ganso + pato. Are there any forwards with bird names? Perhaps a vulture or eagle?

In the beginning of the year, Santos' president said that he would hold the players for long time. Then he sold André, that is a good player but not THAT good so everyone was like "okay then". Now he sold Wesley, that is a great player, for a very small price and that pissed off some supporters because Robinho's money was very misused by the prior president. Now they're afraid that Santos will live the same situation again.

Based on what's happening, I don't think that Santos would decline 15 million euros for Ganso.

There's the indoor football player Falcão (hawk). Falcão actually already played outdoor football for São Paulo and did well in the few games he played but the manager during that period was a stupid biased son of a bitch and boycotted him because "he didn't believe that an indoor player could make it outdoor".

Ali Daei

Kaliris
Reaction score
Is it possible to change my vote? i clicked the one under No
And..... How can we sell this man

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Fuck that reminds me of colombian radamel falcao. Another player milan used to be linked with who would fit perfect. Instead he went to porto and was awesome last year

Schedule