Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Yoda

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Compared to some of our other players he didn't necessarily have the worst game. If Yepes didn't fuck up on the first couple of goals, we'd be singing a different tune about our defensive players

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
735145_456297821073105_168055268_n.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Good catch :lol: Yours?

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
What a massive insult to flamini, top class by De sciglio. :proud:

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
One thing that's annoying about him is that he ALWAYS looks to cross, regardless of whether we have players in good positions or not.

Yes, he really tries to cross a lot. Early crosses particularly. That's a bit like Oddo. Fortunalety, De Sciglio's crosses are more accurate than Oddo's and he's got plenty of time to improve.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Rossonero defender Matteo Di Sciglio has been speaking to Milan Channel about his season. The defender said: "I am happy with what I have done so far. At the beginning of the season I set myself a goal that was to play a series of games, but I did not expect to play so much before the Christmas break. Playing with continuity think is important for any player, even more so for a young man. For 2013 my goal is to stay focused and work as I have done until now. Now the goal is the championship and then we will think about the Champions League. Pato and Robinho? I would be disappointed if either of them left left because they are great players. We need to stop dropping points as we did early in the season. Siena will give it their all because they are not in a good position and we must play with intensity to take home the points."

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Wednesday January 2 2013 De Sciglio's 2013 targets

Milan youngster Mattia De Sciglio is “happy with what I’ve done so far” and looking forward to an even stronger 2013.

The 20-year-old full-back has come up through the ranks to represent his hometown club and is tipped by many to be the next Paolo Maldini.

I am happy with what I’ve done so far,” he told Milan Channel. “At the start of the season I had set myself the target of playing a series of games, but I never expected to have played so many by the Christmas break.

Playing consistently is important for any player, especially a youngster. For 2013 my objective is to remain concentrated and continue working this way.”

De Sciglio could be losing two teammates this month, as Alexandre Pato is on the verge of joining Corinthians and Robinho is in talks with Santos.

It’d be a shame if even one of them were to leave, as they are players of great quality,” continued De Sciglio.

We must try to climb up the table as quickly as possible to reach the top spots, trying not to drop points the way we did early in the season.”

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yup. Acerbo got lost. De sciglio dropped his marker and went after the guy acerbi was suppose to be marking.

Similar things happen when milan try to zonal mark corners.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That was on Acerbi more than him, how far infront of his man was he, like 4-5 meters?

Looked like Poulucci or w/e his name was pushed off on his back, but maybe not. Regardless, De Scig, a fullback, played better at CB than a CB, how embarrassing.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
regardless of weather he was acerbi or de sciglio's man one of the two should have dealt with it. i don't think there is another top team in the world who has defenders who are so bad in the air. set pieces or just crosses doesn't make a difference it was poor. on the plus side two young italian defenders at CB and a milan youth player at RB.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
I think De Sciglio will be more useful as CB. He is rather physically strong which he doesnt get much use for on the flanks.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think De Sciglio will be more useful as CB. He is rather physically strong which he doesnt get much use for on the flanks.

He is a RB, he is the better RB we have and he is more useful for us and our forwards as RB. I did not see him play as CB yesterday; however, I hope we are not experimenting with him for Abate's sake.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The kid is brilliant,played out of position and still played better then our regular CB's do most times.

Overall I hope he plays only as RB, Abate can either back him or fight for LB.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score

Indeed. CBs are known for their constant crossing.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is the true definition of what our senatores were made of technique, class, grit, talent and charisma. I love SeS, but I am more excited about DeSciglio. I do not think he will be like Paolo; but I think he maybe a better version of Philipp Lahm.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
He is the true definition of what our senatores were made of technique, class, grit, talent and charisma. I love SeS, but I am more excited about DeSciglio. I do not think he will be like Paolo; but I think he maybe a better version of Philipp Lahm.

His tekkers whats impresses me the most, its so elegant and graceful :o BUT hes got to learn to concentrate more, half of that is down to lack of experience and the other half is not having a leader at the back who can boss/teach him where to go and what to do.

His tekkers and then compare it to Abates tekkers is night and day

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Good kid, never makes a fool out of himself. But he should play RB.

He showed some good initiative going for goal on that corner, we need to see more stuff like that.

Antonini and Abate never even tries that stuff - but Constant and De Sciglio do, and it can make a big difference.

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
De Sciglio is a footballer

Abate and Antonini are just clowns

I don't see where the argument is really.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
DES shouldn't be used too much out of position. He's still young and has to get used to his RB spot. Too much experimenting with him will make him average on RB CB LB, using him as RB consistently will make him WC RB.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
DES shouldn't be used too much out of position. He's still young and has to get used to his RB spot. Too much experimenting with him will make him average on RB CB LB, using him as RB consistently will make him WC RB.

see Bonera, a man that used to be seen as the next big thing in italian football

Schedule