The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
'I can still play for a big club' - Ribery not done yet following Bayern departure

If he's not looking for a last payday he'd be useful here I think.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The way Roma are treating Totti and De Rossi makes no sense.

It also gives me more confidence in our project with Maldini staying here.

Boban always talked a lot while he was away from the club, so him joining seems to be another good sign.

I respect Totti a lot, saying leaving Roma feels like dying. That's love of a club that is rare these days.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kramaric's agent: "Milan and several clubs are interested in Kramaric. Considering Boban's return, Milan might have an advantage. Under Giampaolo, Andrej could be useful in three roles. Hoffenheim's valuation of Kramaric? I think €30M - €40M." [(link: http://MilanNews.It) MilanNews.It]

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We are really screwed without Champions League. It was the goal 100%.

Some people still don't acknowledge the reality as it is. Not getting champions league will soon show and knock people out of wishful thinking when the transfer market closes in August. We might even sell a few of our good players

The second Milan invested 70M in January, the goal became qualifying for the Champions League. RNB has accepted the public statements by Scaroni and Gazidis that it was never the goal, but I think that is pretty clearly then trying to save face. Spending like that while under investigation necessitated qualifying for the CL and we failed, so they immediately scapegoated Leonardo and Gattuso and that was that. We lost Leonardo but the two idiots Gazidis and Scaroni remain. Scaroni had half our summer transfer budget stolen out of his car :(

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Since he stopped playing as a lone striker Kramaric imrpoved massively. He's now a CAM/SS hybrid in Hoffenheim, can play on the wings too.

I'm down for this transfer if we offload Miguel Valente da Silva.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Leonardo didn't have most of the summer for transfers. In the winter market most players are unavailable for transfer.

"failed to sign a winger in January"?? If Milan had another 30-40 mil for a winger in January Leonardo would have signed a winger. Without the funds he was trying for a loan plus option deals. A loan in January for a decent winger turned out to be impossible.

You outline the debated issue with Leo - give him the money and he will get you the player. He couldn't see beyond the expensive Everton?

Leo done a good job under the circumstances and we the fans will always be grateful for Piatek, when looking back. For me, Paqueta has it all to prove still.

CL is a must, no doubt. Especially since UEFA is pressuring us to balance our books within two years. All true. But that's not on Leonardo. That's a situation that Silvio, Galliani and the Chinese after them created. As you said: CL qualification most probably wasn't Leos mandate. Ergo it can't be said that he failed because we missed that point. Especially since Gattuso had a way bigger responsibility. At one point we were like 8 or 9 points ahead of Atalanta, with Piatek and Paqueta as very strong winter reinforcements in his hands. One could say keeping Gattuso through January was an error Leo can be accounted for.

But then again there are reports who say that it was Leo himself who wanted to sack Gattuso already back then but Elliott (or Maldini?) refused and wanted to keep him.

Henrique being on his way out already since January suits more my narrative of Leo getting an offer from PSG way before the end of the season and that that's the true reason why he went away, don't you think? I still don't think that it was Elliott or Gazidis giving him the boot.

True, he failed to bring that much needed winger. But Paqueta and Piatek were two phenomenal deals. Both have already almost doubled their value. In the books of Elliott that's a big plus. I'm still not sure if there was a possibility to sign Saint-Maxim or alternatively Deulofeu that were vetoed by Elliott/Gazidis because of financial reasons. If it was so, then again: Leo can't be accused for that.

Atalanta: Perfect example of phenomenal work where a competent management and sd brought the right players who fit in the system of a very well prepared coach.

Yes, Maldini was reportedly the one that convinced management to stick with Gattuso until the seasons end. Giampaolo was presented to management by Maldini, the club is following Paolo's recommendation going forward.

In the end, the plan B direction of the club meant Leo was no longer required and the PSG job conveniently arrives and suits his style of working as SD.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's an impossible dream but surely even Gazidis would be salivating at the prospect of signing Gabriel Jesus. Would 60m transfer fee with a 6m/year salary do it? I think he is on 4-5m/year currently. Basically swap Donnarumma's fee and wages. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dang it. This is even worse than the Torreira tease, neither will actually happen. :(

People who don't understand how disastrous not making champions league is have to understand we would be having discussions like this if we had actually made the champions league.

Not making the champions league means we would be lucky to sign the likes of Sensi and Veretout while selling some of our best players

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not making the champions league means we would be lucky to sign the likes of Sensi and Veretout while selling some of our best players

I dont agree.
Not every good player makes it a must to play CL football.
Some care more for a good project. Players like Everton, Manolas, De Paul, Correa, Torreira.. should be not a big problem to sign.
But no, the staff we have now choose the easy way with midtable players like Rui, Veretout, Krunic, Pellegrini, Moro

Last edited:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
People who don't understand how disastrous not making champions league is have to understand we would be having discussions like this if we had actually made the champions league.

People that don't understand the importance should look at Roma. It's no coincidence that they now implode after missing out on that essential revenue stream.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Incredible presser by Totti. Bravo!

Also makes me appreciate how wise Maldini was to wait until he was convinced of the weight of the role before returning to Milan.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
Pellegrini is good just for someone who don't watch Roma. :o

He's just decent player and clubs like Roma are his maximum. Not upgrade over Hakan and Kessie and certainly downgrade to Bakayoko. So, what's the point of him?

Did you just compare Pellegrini to Bakayoko and Kessie? Do you watch football bro?

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
I was devastated at the end of the season tbh. But I've recovered now, and been thinking that not making it to the CL could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Even our best players (Roma, Piatek, Paqueta) have almost zero experience at the top level. Playing in the CL with Rino at the helm could've been disastrous (even with a couple of top quality additions).

Our squad is still very young, we should look to go far in the Europa, and focus on getting top 4 of course. I'm quite optimistic about Giampaolo, he's a competent coach and could build something good if he gets proper support from the management.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From what I understand, the losses that Milan have incurred are from our transfer activity, not from operating losses.

One of the cornerstones of Elliott's legal argument is that they would classify transfer expenditures as investment from their end, as the new owners, which would be necessary in any business involving essentially flipping depreciated assets.

CL would have been crucial to changing the cash flow of the club, but not the owners, and they'd argue, "if the wages of the players and staff is being paid, transfer expenditures are external costs that are supplied by the ownership, so, if the owners leave, the club will continue go pay what it owes to players and staff. FFP is an artificial control on business owners and prevents them from creating improvements."

Itd be like telling real estate investors they can't fix houses they want to resell without the money from rent. I think Elliott has a very strong case.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score

Also makes me appreciate how wise Maldini was to wait until he was convinced of the weight of the role before returning to Milan.

wonder how long maldini will stay here...
what will happen next summer if we wont reach ucl?

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pellegrini has a great skill set, I think Giampaolo can work with him and make him take the next step. I’d like that signing a lot.

Kramaric would be a great fit system wise, an excellent piece next to Piatek. The gamble would be he hasn’t played in Italy and might need adjustment period. But looks like a good signing if we grabbed him

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even a blind man can see that Mario Rui is trash, and offcourse we re the stupid ones that pay 12m or more for that midget:fp:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Milan has decided to allocate most of the budget to the midfield: a meeting for #Veretout. Roma's #Pellegrini is also a concrete possibility. And the track that leads to #Sensi remains open. @SempreMilanCom

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Vito Angelè‏ @VitoAngele · 1m1 minute ago
#Milan has decided to allocate most of the budget to the midfield: a meeting for #Veretout. Roma's #Pellegrini is also a concrete possibility. And the track that leads to #Sensi remains open. @SempreMilanCom

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan has decided to allocate most of the budget to the midfield: a meeting for #Veretout. Roma's #Pellegrini is also a concrete possibility. And the track that leads to #Sensi remains open. @SempreMilanCom

So selling Suso and Cutrone and probably Donnarumma.

Buy Sensi - Pellegrini - Veretout and Krunic. For the midfield. And rui as lb
Makes sense

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
I wonder why the Praet rumors have died down?
Probably just made up rumours anyway.

It's no secret that Milan needs midfielders, the media is going to link us with any mid who has played under Giampaolo.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yeah. No wonder Maldini repeatedly said he won't come to be a "figurine" or whatever other symbolic role.
We spent close to 35m on him. He's going to be our starting CB this season. You don't write off a player because he had an ACL and a torn achilles. If at the end of the season he's still injured and can't play then we write him off. But to spend 35m + on another highly rated CB now, well then what happens when we're in December and both Andersen and Caldara are competing for a spot with Romagnoli? One of them will have their development neglected and we'll lose a lot of that investment. We don't have room for 3 great CBs.

Not saying to write him off, but what i am saying is we CAN't trust him for sure. He guarantees nothing atm. There is more chance he will play like max 10 games next season, than being a part of our trustful CB duo.

Also never said anything about spending 35m+ on another CB. We should look for quick fix on this one, nothing long term until we see what will be with him.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Vito Angelè‏ @VitoAngele · 1m1 minute ago
#Milan has decided to allocate most of the budget to the midfield: a meeting for #Veretout. Roma's #Pellegrini is also a concrete possibility. And the track that leads to #Sensi remains open. @SempreMilanCom

Which Pellegrini is he referring to here? Luca or Lorenzo?

Status
Not open for further replies.