The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, Maldini was reportedly the one that convinced management to stick with Gattuso until the seasons end. Giampaolo was presented to management by Maldini, the club is following Paolo's recommendation going forward.

In the end, the plan B direction of the club meant Leo was no longer required and the PSG job conveniently arrives and suits his style of working as SD.

Then it's Maldini who's more at fault than Leonardo given that Gattuso as a coach has a way bigger influence on how the team performs, no? So why didn't they sack Maldini and kept Leonardo? It doesn't make sense to me.

The only logical explanation is that Leonardo planned his outgoing way before the season ended as PSG approached him way before. The job didn't just conveniently occur when Leo was sacked. There was no sack at all. It was him who decided that PSG suits his style of working (and salary) more than Elliotts Milan. So, as I see it, he accepted the job and by the end of the season he greeted all good bye.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
From what I understand, the losses that Milan have incurred are from our transfer activity, not from operating losses.

One of the cornerstones of Elliott's legal argument is that they would classify transfer expenditures as investment from their end, as the new owners, which would be necessary in any business involving essentially flipping depreciated assets.

CL would have been crucial to changing the cash flow of the club, but not the owners, and they'd argue, "if the wages of the players and staff is being paid, transfer expenditures are external costs that are supplied by the ownership, so, if the owners leave, the club will continue go pay what it owes to players and staff. FFP is an artificial control on business owners and prevents them from creating improvements."

Itd be like telling real estate investors they can't fix houses they want to resell without the money from rent. I think Elliott has a very strong case.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I think it's better to throw money in the river rather then spending it on Veretout, Pellegrini and Sensi.:fp:

Actually, one of Sensi and Veretout will be ok but just for bench. But I highly doubt it that they will be "just" backups.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Which Pellegrini is he referring to here? Luca or Lorenzo?

Lorenzo I believe, given that he's a mid and has a 30 mil release clause. Would love Luca.....but with the rumours to Rui....makes less sense

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
From what I understand, the losses that Milan have incurred are from our transfer activity, not from operating losses.

One of the cornerstones of Elliott's legal argument is that they would classify transfer expenditures as investment from their end, as the new owners, which would be necessary in any business involving essentially flipping depreciated assets.

CL would have been crucial to changing the cash flow of the club, but not the owners, and they'd argue, "if the wages of the players and staff is being paid, transfer expenditures are external costs that are supplied by the ownership, so, if the owners leave, the club will continue go pay what it owes to players and staff. FFP is an artificial control on business owners and prevents them from creating improvements."

Itd be like telling real estate investors they can't fix houses they want to resell without the money from rent. I think Elliott has a very strong case.

100% :thumbsup:

No matter how competent the new owners happen to be the current FFP restrictions won't allow them proper investment in order to improve the current state of the club, in turn raising the revenue. A speculate in order to accumulate window should exist for new club owners.

It's all good and well capping spending in regards to revenues made by the club but new management shouldn't be constrained by past failings.

UEFA's answer: why can't you qualify for our elite club competition - it's the only way out.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
What position did Pellegrini play at Sassuolo? was it not LCM.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Torreira I like, and de Paul
I think Torreira is another made up rumour. Because of the Giampaolo connection and his comments about England. I don't think Arsenal will let him leave for less that 50m.

De Paul is not a midfielder, he plays as a winger or as an attacking midfielder, we already have those in the squad.

The midfielders we've been linked are quite good imo. Veretout, Sensi etc. are not world class, but they've been doing well in Serie A and seem ready to move to a big club.

Also, with the exception of Veretout, all the others are under the age of 25 and it wouldn't be hard to sell them later, if they don't have a great season.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Pellegrini for 30m isn’t bad to be honest... good Serie A midfielder who would be a good fit for Giampaolo’s system.

Starting to realise all of our targets are players with Serie A experience.

- Mario Rui, Pellegrini, Sensi, Veretout, Manolas, Mancini, Anderson, Praet, Muriel, Torriera...
Probably a good thing, I’d like a little more quality in those names though but atm it doesn’t seem too realistic. Hopefully we get a surprise or two

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hmm Sensi, Veretout and Krunic and Rui are just decent. But I dont see we re making top 4 with them. You think they doing better then Rodriguez, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu and Kessie ?

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
I think it's better to throw money in the river rather then spending it on Veretout, Pellegrini and Sensi.:fp:

Actually, one of Sensi and Veretout will be ok but just for bench. But I highly doubt it that they will be "just" backups.
Aww

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Then it's Maldini who's more at fault than Leonardo given that Gattuso as a coach has a way bigger influence on how the team performs, no? So why didn't they sack Maldini and kept Leonardo? It doesn't make sense to me.

The only logical explanation is that Leonardo planned his outgoing way before the season ended as PSG approached him way before. The job didn't just conveniently occur when Leo was sacked. There was no sack at all. It was him who decided that PSG suits his style of working (and salary) more than Elliotts Milan. So, as I see it, he accepted the job and by the end of the season he greeted all good bye.

The management essentially need Maldini as the face of their project - Paolo feels the trust as they are now following his recommendations in regards to coaching and staff.

Exactly, there's no way Leo left Milan without that option at PSG already lined up in principle. True, there was no sackings. It was all by mutual consent, even with Gattuso.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Pellegrini for 30m isn’t bad to be honest...

I agree. It's not bad, it's terrible. :o

None of these guys (beside Torreira) are not even upgrade over our current midfielders. If they really can't find anything better, just save the money and play with the same team. There is no difference, except that we'll save money.

Some of them could be acceptable but as backup.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
211mjhc.jpg

He looks like a 16 year old with a 40 year old face

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Francesco Calzona former deputy of Sarri could be Giampaolo's second at Milan[calcionapoli24.it]

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
• Jordan Veretout

2nd most chances created in Serie A for the last 2 seasons .. (After Pjanic)

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Veretout is underrated in here.

No to sale of Cutro. Great rotation cf! One of the best 25-30min cf's in serie a!

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Veretout is linked with us, arsenal, napoli, psg and roma...honestly I've never seen him play, but surely he's not as shit as people here make out

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority here (or only one lol) but I'll take a an attacking LB in Mario Rui who played under Sarri over the turtle that looks lost with the ball at his feet in RR.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Paqueta

Veretout Pellegrini

Torreira

Interesting looking diamond on paper.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Veretout is linked with us, arsenal, napoli, psg and roma...honestly I've never seen him play, but surely he's not as shit as people here make out

Unless Milan is signing Messi, Mbappe or Neymar most people in here think most players linked to this club are shit.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
He's not shit but not upgrade either.

What's the point of spending money on someone who will not upgrade you?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's not shit but not upgrade either.

What's the point of spending money on someone who will not upgrade you?

I'm just curious since you moan at every Milan link, but if you were building a team from scratch what is your ideal starting XI? Let's try keeping it under a couple hundred million. :lol:

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Agent Giuffredi: "We just had a general chat. Veretout? We did not speak about specifics. The meeting with Milan? Great as always"@AntoVitiello

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't like the attacking names linked with Milan and can't see Silva and Piatek working well

The midfield links are fine

I don't mind having an attacking LB option like Rui but there's already 3 LBs already on the team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule