The Anime/Manga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
I like anime and role-playing games but I don't consider them related.

Short list of some of my favorite anime shows:
Cowboy Bebop
Black Lagoon
Full Metal Alchemist
Death Note
Desert Punk
Crayon Shin Chan (Funimation Dub) <--- All time favorite.

As for RPGs I usually play a wizard or rogue class. The setting I prefer to play in is Forgotten Realms (D&D 3.5). But I should also note that when I played WoW I more commonly played a Priest or Druid. Priest for healing and druid for PVP.

Last edited:

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
it's much harder to do an anime episode than a magna one sadly :( although if naruto stopped with these lame fillers i'm sure they'd be quite a lot closer. 1 or 2 fillers wouldn't have been bad, but 10 for a really short voyage? :S

great idea in theory though, i'd much rather get the surprises from the anime aswell.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes please :D

Another thing I'm not entirely ok with are the exclusively black-and-white cells...I know it's some sort of tradition with the artists but is inking really that cost-intensive or is it something to do with the scanning before the panels are hosted on their servers?

It's hard enough to read ONLY comics, talkless of those without the colour. :/

also i don't get why the fillers can't be something interesting like kakashi gaiden, there are so many interesting possibilities which haven't been shown, hashirama vs madara, tobirama vs kinkaku's guard, itachi at akatsuki or how he got the yata mirror and totsuka sword, or at least jiraiya training naruto in the time skip even though he didn't teach him that much apparently :/

Foxuto freak sighted. :lol::lol:

Could it be you big brother? :lol:

Shouldn't you be working on your programming and networking courses instead of following me around? Mega-nerd. :tongue:

You'll never make me like Foxuto too, NEVER!!! :D :D

There's so MUCH pressure these days though (from Sage and practically everyone else)..must not give in no matter, ha!!!!

Desc

Winner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Shevchenko, Kaká, P.Maldini, T.Silva
these days i just practically scroll through mangas like naruto, bleach, and OP

i wonder what changed

@AMF
great list of animes there, i really like all of them (except desert punk cause i haven't watched it yet)

have you tried ghost in the shell yet? seems like the type that you'll like

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell (the original film and the show) but I wasn't particularly impressed by it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it isn't great. But the few I listed in the above post are, in my opinion, the best of the best.

Desert Punk is... interesting. It is a healthy blend of action and comedy. A lot of people wouldn't rank it as highly as I do but it just has a certain charm which I really like. Probably the same part of me that really enjoys Shin Chan.

I have watched every episode of Shin Chan so many times I've lost count. I even enjoy Funimation's audio commentary for the show.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
shin chan...really....thats for 5 years olds :D

GTO = awesome, if you're interested in laughing till you cry, watch it.

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
shin chan...really....thats for 5 years olds :D
It may be immature humor but Shin always gets a laugh out of me. Probably because it seems realistic. I can imagine a little kid doing and saying the things that Shin does. A little kid that looks like this:

Shin-chan-Look-a-Like-shin-chan-24559795-360-457.jpg

GTO = awesome, if you're interested in laughing till you cry, watch it.
I watched the first episode of GTO and it was kind of funny. Didn't watch any of the others though. Does it get better?

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
I thought the arc was decent, and the last few chapters have been cool, do you read/watch one piece?

Kenpachi? always.

309773_10150378741542457_511687456_10281049_1234223573_n.jpg

112hqmv.png

Love this pic, such a fucking boss :star:

Nobody messes with Kenpachi/Byakuya :o

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Love this pic, such a fucking boss :star:

Nobody messes with Kenpachi/Byakuya :o

ichigo drawing with kenpachi in the beg. = kubo fail :o

Kenpachi and Byakuya are my fav. 2 characters:proud:, vasto lorde ichigo = sickest design ever.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
@Sage. Have you watched/read Samurai Deeper Kyo?

From what I heard, it's pretty similar to Kenshin and Naruto. It's finished as well which is a good thing since 90% of the manga I read are either on-going, on a hiatus or got cancelled. :lol: Going to give it a try today.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone here watches Katekyo Hitman Reborn?

I watched the first few episodes and I hated it, how many episodes should I skip until it gets interesting? a summary of the episodes I should skip would be nice.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
@Sage. Have you watched/read Samurai Deeper Kyo?

From what I heard, it's pretty similar to Kenshin and Naruto. It's finished as well which is a good thing since 90% of the manga I read are either on-going, on a hiatus or got cancelled. :lol: Going to give it a try today.

are you reading bleach/naruto/one piece/fairy tail?

I'll check this samurai deeper kyo once I'm done with what I have.

Desc

Winner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@AMF
i see..some of my friends said desert punk is average, but since you like it so much i guess I'll give it a try

how about anime like Planetes? it's a great one..realistic sci-fi about future space (similiar to cowboy bebop in this aspect)

oh and shin chan rocks :D

@jammin
please try it and give your opinions about it, many recommended Kyo but somehow i just can't start reading it

@Sage
hitman reborn is pretty good, but yeah the great part came a little later..i dunno about the anime but in manga it started about chapter 50-60

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Done Sage, enjoy your Japanese cartoons :lol:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Just started watching Fairy Tail

It is so kiddish and stupid on so many levels....
Yea it kinda is. Watch any other animes?

@Sage Reborn gets more serious and violent around the 20th episode.

Started Samurai Deeper Kyo just now. On the 3rd chapter now. Looks like a typical fighting shonen with not much good stuff so far. Expecting it to become much better.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Yea it kinda is. Watch any other animes?

@Sage Reborn gets more serious and violent around the 20th episode.

Started Samurai Deeper Kyo just now. On the 3rd chapter now. Looks like a typical fighting shonen with not much good stuff so far. Expecting it to become much better.

Used to watch a lot during high school and first years of college. Kinda got tired of it after a while tho as none of the new ones held my interest and it was either the same old recycled stuff or just plain kiddish...

For now, I just stick to Naruto and Bleach (altho I havent watched it for a while cauz I don't like the fillers)

Some of the ones that I have watched tho:

D Gray-man, Trinity Blood, Code Geass, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Kiba, Blood+, Eureka 7, Fate Stay Night, Tsubasa, Ouran Host Club, Vampire Knight, Beck, Wolf's Rain, Hellsing, Tenjho Tenge, Witchblade, Full Metal Panic, GetBackers , RahXephon, D.N. Angel, Gungrave, NANA, Black Cat, Elfen Lied, Gun Sword, Shuffle, Air Gear, Black Blood, Busou Renkin, Ergo Proxy, School Rumble, Tokko, Burst Angel, Claymore, Devil May Cry, Dragonaut, Gurren Lagann, Hayate the combat butler, Heroic Age, Kaze no Stigma, Tokyo Majin, Darker than Black, Giant Killing, X

The ones in bold are amongst my all time favourites...

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Used to watch a lot during high school and first years of college. Kinda got tired of it after a while tho as none of the new ones held my interest and it was either the same old recycled stuff or just plain kiddish...

For now, I just stick to Naruto and Bleach (altho I havent watched it for a while cauz I don't like the fillers)

D Gray-man, Trinity Blood, Code Geass, Death Note, Full Metal Alchemist, Kiba, Blood+, Eureka 7, Fate Stay Night, Tsubasa, Ouran Host Club, Vampire Knight, Beck, Wolf's Rain, Hellsing, Tenjho Tenge, Witchblade, Full Metal Panic, GetBackers , RahXephon, D.N. Angel, Gungrave, NANA, Black Cat, Elfen Lied, Gun Sword, Shuffle, Air Gear, Black Blood, Busou Renkin, Ergo Proxy, School Rumble, Tokko, Burst Angel, Claymore, Devil May Cry, Dragonaut, Gurren Lagann, Hayate the combat butler, Heroic Age, Kaze no Stigma, Tokyo Majin, Darker than Black, Giant Killing, X

Great set of anime there. You watch more than me.

If you're tired of kiddish anime, you can give the ones that are aimed more for mature adults. (Think it's called seinen) Vagabond is a great manga, I would even call it a masterpiece if it was ever finished. No anime adaptation tho. :(

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
Just found out my neighbour's much of a Rurouni Kenshin fan....of course, not as much as me. :cool:

Felt nice knowing I'm not alone.

I think my very first foray into the world of manga reading will be the Enishi arc. Real soon, maybe after exams.

I'll just make up the anime frames in my head as I read. :)

Only :star:dru understands the heart of this nodachi as much as I do. Only dru. Everyone else = fakes. :(

Watsuki please revive RK...we're tired of asking for this. :S

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And props to whoever gave this thread a more fitting title.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.

Decent list bro, although Dragonaout? seriously? :lol:

Btw you gotta try the movie series of Garden of Sinners, and Fate/Zero (prequel of F/SN) when it air next month.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Cool, didnt know there was a thread like this.

Although whats spoiler tagging like, because Id hate to see something that would ruin an anime/ manga etc

Desc

Winner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Ash
hmm good list..though i think some of you favs is actually more kiddish than fairy tail :p

still its good there are someone else with a good range of watched animes..for the most recent ones you should try usagi drop and mawaru penguin drum

@fertygo
ahh finally a fellow type-moon fan, glad to have you here :D

care to share few recommendations? preferrably some older animes that not so famous but good ~

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
@ ash, nice list, from the new anime, I suggest you watch dead man wonderland.

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
Just started watching Fairy Tail

It is so kiddish and stupid on so many levels....
I agree. And that is saying a lot coming from someone who likes Shin Chan. :lol:

I was watching Trinity Blood but didn't really get into it. Watched several episodes and then just stopped.

Deathnote and Full Metal Alchemist are brilliant. Have you seen FMA: Brotherhood or are you including it in the overall title of Full Metal Alchemist? imho Brotherhood is much better.

Started watching Full Metal Panic but haven't finished. Took a break from it for other shows but it is pretty good so I'll be going back to it.

A lot of people tell me Hellsing is good but I watched the first episode and thought it was awful. Does it get better?

I have Devil May Cry on my Instant Que for Netflix but I'm saving it for when I have a slow down in things to watch. I hope it is good.

X... I just started watching this show the other night. The first episode is utter shit but I've heard so much about this show that I'm going to give it at least 10 episodes to get good. So many people claim this show is epic but the first episode was a huge disappointment (rushed, no build up, seemingly poor writing/dialogue).

Yeah the role-playing part was confusing and totally unrelated.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Anyone else just finish off some anime today like Kamisama no Memochou and Itsuka Tenma No Kuro Usagi?

Desc

Winner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@kakajd
i watched all available kamisama no memochou eps and the first ep of itsuka tenma

is that the kind of animes you like or are you going to complain about them :p?

if you like them i could give you similiar animes as recommendation, i like and watched a very wide variety of animes :thumbsup:

@AMF
full metal panic are great (all of its 3 seasons are)

hellsing is well depends on your taste, if you don't like the first ep big chance you won't like the rest..that said i think its a pretty good anime

Last edited:

AMF

Beginner
Reaction score
I think Hellsing was just a bit too over the top for me. But I was listening to the english dub so that might have something to do with it.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer reading fairy tail manga over the anime, the studio fucked it up IMO.

I'm currently watching Gun grave and sengoku basara, reading kenshin and deadman wonder land, all of them are :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule