German Bundesliga Thread

Rex

Reaction score
Bayern from now on are in need of consistency. The news of Heynckes next season's appointment is a fresh one, but I think securing of Champions League's campaign is a must considering the Hannover stalking would be a slip thing could've them suffered in approaching the closing stage of season.

Anyhow, I'd rather Van Gaal men slowly but sure taking over the 2nd spot in the end. :)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Bayern from now on are in need of consistency. The news of Heynckes next season's appointment is a fresh one, but I think securing of Champions League's campaign is a must considering the Hannover stalking would be a slip thing could've them suffered in approaching the closing stage of season.

Anyhow, I'd rather Van Gaal men slowly but sure taking over the 2nd spot in the end. :)

I've been reading that Bayern are targetting 3rd place and if they secure it then they will have 60m to spend in the summer and have identified 4 solid targets already.

Jupp Heynckes, Jerome Boateng, Benedikt Howedes and Manuel Neuer have been targeted so far. Also read that they are close to securing a 9m deal for Boateng.

As for LvG, 2nd place is a dream because Leverkusen look pretty strong this term, i think 3rd place itself will be the right achievement for their poor season.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bayern Munich looking for two or three new defenders; €60m budget is a myth - Christian Nerlinger

Bayern Munich sporting director Christian Nerlinger has scuppered rumours that Bayern have set aside a transfer budget of €60 million, but has admitted that the club is on the lookout for defensive acquisitions.

There have been plenty of talk in the German press about Bayern's planned transfer activity, but Nerlinger has baulked at talk of the €60m warchest they supposedly hope to spend.

"This number has been taken completely out of thin air," he told Sport Bild. "We don't need a new team, we must remould!

"We have established a foundation with world class players in the team. We have extended the contracts of our German national players for the long term, as well as our foreign superstars Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben. We simply need to add to this team structure."

The 38-year-old also clarified that defence is his team's top priority.

"It is clear that we need to be active in bolstering the defence," he said. "There are two or three positions we need to address."

When asked about Fabio Coentrao of Benfica and Ajax right back Gregory van der Wiel, Nerlinger described both as "great players". He added: "The list is really too long now to discuss it player by player. There are 31 names but certainly we'll choose one or another."

Bayern have been the subject of repeated transfer rumours since their exit from the Champions League at the hands of Inter in March. The Bavarians have been said to have reached agreements with Coentrao and Schalke's Manuel Neuer, but have yet to confirm any deals publicly.

Arjen Robben urges Bayern Munich to sign Gregory van der Wiel from Ajax

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has urged his club to sign Ajax right back Gregory van der Wiel when the transfer window reopens this summer.

The Dutch defender has been linked with several of Europe's top clubs over the past two seasons, but his international colleague hopes they can link up for die Roten.

"Gregory is a good young player who has earned a lot of experience with Ajax and the Dutch national team," Robben told Kicker. "In my opinion, he is a great talent with great potential; he would fit in at Bayern."

Van der Wiel was linked with a move to Bayern last summer, but the deal fell through. Along with Benfica's Fabio Coentrao, the 23-year-old is considered a top prospect to join the Bavarians and add some much-needed support in defence. Bayern sporting director Christian Nerlinger today confirmed his club's interest in Van der Wiel, calling the Ajax man a "great player".

Over the last year, Robben and van der Wiel have formed an impressive partnership for the Dutch national team. With the pair in position on the right side, the Netherlands finished runners-up at the 2010 World Cup. The Oranje have since won all six of their Euro 2012 qualifiers, scoring more goals than any other team.

Should Bayern make a move for Van der Wiel, they will have to fight off interest from several European giants. In recent months, the talented right back has again been linked with Manchester City, Milan, Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bbb3a9877788545bc8f324a7b66ddbd1.png

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Blaszczykowski(awful name ) with a equalizer in the dying minutes!Bayern drew so for now there out of the top 3 again.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Lewandowski ..:head: :mad: Goal.com gave him a 2 :proud:..... Dortmund should've taken all three points ,but poor refereeing and playing with a clown up front they struggled to convert their chances ....heard yesterday that Dortmund have the worst chances:goals ratio :eek: in the bundesliga ...hope they sell lewandowski :head:

as always GOETZE:proud: great game ...much better when he played centrally [/shock] ...Klopp :mad:

Elmayonesa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
First time on history i am watching bundesliga and what a goal from Reus:o

Rex

Reaction score
Do u guys believe Dortmund will be able to hold on and win the title,as Leverkusen is now only 5 points behind them :)

There will be 5 rounds ahead still. In next week' Spieltag 30, Dortmund host SC Freiburg while somewhere else the big match caught to eye between the home side Bayern Munchen vs Bayer Leverkusen. In a way, Bayern need absolute three points to shorten their gap at top of Bundesliga, therefore Leverkusen are the team has to beat for it. Dortmund will have to wait and see what the outcome of Bayern vs Leverkusen will be in afternoon fixtures. Afterwards in the evening, Dortmund can react immediately upon the breaking progress of the standing though.

If Bayern fail to secure three points home, and Leverkusen able to steal of it...coming forward Heynckes' side will be a real threat for Die Borussen.

Rex

Reaction score
By the way, Louis van Gaal bids farewell to players and staff while caretaker boss Andries Jonker takes charge until season's end.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bayern really does need to revitalize their defense...

wasnt there rumor they already signed Coentrao for 22 million?

Rex

Reaction score
Bayern really does need to revitalize their defense...

wasnt there rumor they already signed Coentrao for 22 million?

I second that. I heard a rumor about signing AS Roma's Juan too which the speculation may seem debatable though but concerning Contreao, the signing shall be remaining one step coming forward to Bayern for the Portuguese. It's reportedly, the left back joins in next June and sign a-five year deal.

Next season' defense line up will likely to be :

-------------Kraft-------------

Lahm---Van Buyten---Badstuber---Contreao

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
I second that. I heard a rumor about signing AS Roma's Juan too which the speculation may seem debatable though but concerning Contreao, the signing shall be remaining one step coming forward to Bayern for the Portuguese. It's reportedly, the left back joins in next June and sign a-five year deal.

Next season' defense line up will likely to be :

-------------Kraft-------------

Lahm---Van Buyten---Badstuber---Contreao

Central defense still meh... Van Buyten is very poor... and Badstuber can't do what Lucio has done (making up for Van Buyten's flaws)

Rex

Reaction score
Central defense still meh... Van Buyten is very poor... and Badstuber can't do what Lucio has done (making up for Van Buyten's flaws)

I agreed on Van Buyten matter. But Badstuber, the good thing is he's young, and long term asset for Bayern. I'd rather keep him in roster.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agreed on Van Buyten matter. But Badstuber, the good thing is he's young, and long term asset for Bayern. I'd rather keep him in roster.

Badstuber isn't the problem. I don't expect any Bayern defender to do what Lucio can. Van Buyten (him taking over Lucio's role as leader of the defense was a big fail - but that was inevitable) needs to be replaced by a better central defender, that would also be better for Badstuber/rest of the defense. At least with Lahm and Coentrão (not sure if he joins Bayern, but it seems likely enough) the full-back positions are very well filled. Now central defense needs to be fixed (also). Finally I'd say, since Lucio left it's been awful.

Best would be an experienced good central defender, but I don't know who that could be (Mexes or Alex would be a good choice - but is that realistic? Mexes seems on his way to Milan). I expect Bayern to sign a young central defender. Hummels wants to stay at Dortmund, right? Höwedes seems to be a serious target. Though young, a good central defender, and therefore lots of potential. Or else, Jérôme Boateng (Bayern seems interested and he struggles at City) could be also given a go at central defense; a young versatile defender who mostly plays as full-back but probably has most potential as central defender which is his natural position anyway. Just like Badstuber, Höwedes or Boateng also can be a long term asset for Bayern. Many Germans, but little experience though. At least there's Lahm for that. :D Though he's still far from old.

So I'd say a big no to Van Buyten (as starter), and instead put trust in a younger defender like Höwedes or Boateng, who I think will preform better already than Van Buyten anyway, and they will only become better. Unless Bayern can sign an experienced central defender who is actually good, unlike Van Buyten. That might be the best solution. (Which doesn't have to mean someone like Boateng can't be signed also, surely he would be very useful backup to have since he can play anywhere in defense.)

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Badstuber isn't the problem. I don't expect any Bayern defender to do what Lucio can. Van Buyten (him taking over Lucio's role as leader of the defense was a big fail - but that was inevitable) needs to be replaced by a better central defender, that would also be better for Badstuber/rest of the defense. At least with Lahm and Coentrão (not sure if he joins Bayern, but it seems likely enough) the full-back positions are very well filled. Now central defense needs to be fixed (also). Finally I'd say, since Lucio left it's been awful.

Best would be an experienced good central defender, but I don't know who that could be (Mexes or Alex would be a good choice - but is that realistic? Mexes seems on his way to Milan). I expect Bayern to sign a young central defender. Hummels wants to stay at Dortmund, right? Höwedes seems to be a serious target. Though young, a good central defender, and therefore lots of potential. Or else, Jérôme Boateng (Bayern seems interested and he struggles at City) could be also given a go at central defense; a young versatile defender who mostly plays as full-back but probably has most potential as central defender which is his natural position anyway. Just like Badstuber, Höwedes or Boateng also can be a long term asset for Bayern. Many Germans, but little experience though. At least there's Lahm for that. :D Though he's still far from old.

So I'd say a big no to Van Buyten (as starter), and instead put trust in a younger defender like Höwedes or Boateng, who I think will preform better already than Van Buyten anyway, and they will only become better. Unless Bayern can sign an experienced central defender who is actually good, unlike Van Buyten. That might be the best solution. (Which doesn't have to mean someone like Boateng can't be signed also, surely he would be very useful backup to have since he can play anywhere in defense.)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bayern Munich have done Dortmund a huge favor, who are now roughly about 1 game away from securing the title.

d04fccbc8a05f2cdea707112ec7c623e.png

77ebff7e9d3d1cd546f5ee0b3fda9a0b.png

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yeah, Hannover win was also missing from perfect weekend. Was a crazy last 15 minutes in their game. Could have gone either way.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, Hannover win was also missing from perfect weekend. Was a crazy last 15 minutes in their game. Could have gone either way.

Hannover in the CL would be German suicide and only good for Italy. Cant see it happening though, BM looked reborn and very effective this weekend. They should secure that third spot now.

39% - Despite winning 5-1, Bayern Munich only had 39% possession vs. Leverkusen, their lowest rate since November 2008. Effective

http://twitter.com/optafranz

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Hannover in the CL would be German suicide and only good for Italy. Cant see it happening though, BM looked reborn and very effective this weekend. They should secure that third spot now.

39% - Despite winning 5-1, Bayern Munich only had 39% possession vs. Leverkusen, their lowest rate since November 2008. Effective

http://twitter.com/optafranz

They would probably fall to Europa League and get co-efficient points there - Greman style. :o

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They would probably fall to Europa League and get co-efficient points there - Greman style. :o

You really think Hannover can do Europe? Last season i thought the same for Wolfsburg, pre McClaren, but now look where they are. Swimming in relegation.

Once Abdellaoui and the manager move onto bigger and better things the Cinderella story will be over. Just a matter of time, happens a lot in Germany.

Not long ago, Martin Jol and VDV happened to Hamburg and brought them up the table and into the CL iinm, after those 2 left things were hardly the same in the league and since then they are only dreaming of returning to the CL.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You really think Hannover can do Europe? Last season i thought the same for Wolfsburg, pre McClaren, but now look where they are. Swimming in relegation.
I know nothing about Hannover other than the fact they're qualification to CL could get us into first pot in the draw.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know nothing about Hannover other than the fact they're qualification to CL could get us into first pot in the draw.

Oh right, yes from that point of view you are correct but it will be tough seeing BM throw it away now.

We are most probably going to be in Pot 2 and win a date with an English team in our group. All this unless BM crash out in the CL playoffs.

6e290ed36da31a7cdb6be0dd865b9716.png

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bayern Munich representative claims Manuel Neuer will leave Schalke for the Allianz Arena - report

Following Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer's statement that he has made a decision on his future, a flurry of rumours have emerged giving credence to his supposed move to Bayern Munich in the summer.

An unnamed Bayern official has revealed that Neuer will join the Allianz Arena outfit in the summer, according to a report from Munchner Merkur.

"It is very clear that Manuel Neuer will play for Bayern," he said.

This report supports another from Sueddeutsche Zeitung claiming that Neuer recently told Schalke bosses Clemens Tonnies, Horst Heldt, and Ralf Rangnick that he intends to leave for Munich in the summer.

Neuer and Bayern were reportedly in contact in December, but then Schalke coach Felix Magath adamantly opposed a transfer. The 57-year-old has sinced moved to Wolfsburg.

The Germany number one is under contract until 2012 and Schalke could theoretically block a transfer, but according to a Goal.com informant, Magath was the only club official opposed to the sale of Neuer in January.

Die Knappen are heavily in debt, and the sale of Neuer could bring up to €25 million. Personal terms between the player and Bayern are said to be complete, leaving transfer fee the only barrier to stop the deal from being finalised.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...representative-claims-manuel-neuer-will-leave

Schalke prepare for life after Manuel Neuer as Bayern Munich deal draws closer - report

Champions League contenders Schalke are said to be consigned to losing keeper Manuel Neuer to Bayern Munich at the end of the season, and are already lining up replacements, reports suggest.

Goal.com Germany believes the 25-year-old has already reached an agreement with the Bavarian giants, given club president Uli Hoeness' revealing confession earlier this week that he knew the future of the highly-rated shot-stopper.

Hannover's Ron-Robert Zieler and Freiburg's Oliver Baumann are said to be the two leading candidates to fill Neuer's gloves at the Gelsenkirchen club for the 2011-12 campaign.

Zieler is just 22 years of age and has represented Manchester United at youth level, while Baumann, who is two years his junior, has been capped by various German youth sides.

Both players have impressed this term and are possible options if Neuer moves to Munich as expected.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germ...-for-life-after-manuel-neuer-as-bayern-munich

Loads of European based sources are tipping this transfer as well. Looks like its going to be a great coup for BM.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neuer has become an awesome goalkeeper, one of the best at the moment, if not best, and only 25 years old. Milan should sign Kraft, loan him out, and after that he replaces Abbiati - who has been doing very well, so why not keep him at least for one more season as 1st goalkeeper?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neuer has become an awesome goalkeeper, one of the best at the moment, if not best, and only 25 years old. Milan should sign Kraft, loan him out, and after that he replaces Abbiati - who has been doing very well, so why not keep him at least for one more season as 1st goalkeeper?

Magath actually wanted Kraft in any deal for Neuer, not sure if Schalke is keen on that as Kraft has said before that he will leave BM and not play second fiddle should they sign Neuer and now that Jonker has reinstated Butt it looks very likely that Kraft will leave.

Neuer is probably the best GK in the world right now and probably the only shot Schalke have at beating United. He will be a massive coup for BM, along with a CB and LB and they will be in the title race in next season.