The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 06-10-2011, 23:54   #2621
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4milan View Post
I caved to the ridiculously overpriced tickets, dad started being like "ahh i wanna go", and I can't stand when my dad gets all 12 year old hoping to see his favorite NT play against his NT. So there I'm watching the Samba tomorrow.

Brazilians have been fun in here, nice bunch of fellows . David Luiz at least knows the names of 2 CR players...and Thiago Silva said we play nice football .
Doesn't count unless Xavi says so

What'd Xavi have to say about CR. Bet he says you suck.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:57   #2622
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Quote:
Brazil face Costa Rica in an international friendly in San Jose this evening. Mano Menezes is expected to pair David Luiz and Thiago Silva in the centre of defence with Manchester United’s Fábio on the right and Barcelona’s Adriano on the left flank. This will be Fábio, Adriano and Luiz Gustavo’s first time as starters under Menezes. Neymar and Fred will lead the line with Lucas Moura and Ronaldinho in support.
Probable starting line ups for Brazil vs Costa Rica:

Brazil (probable): Julio César, Fábio, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Adriano, Ralf, Luiz Gustavo, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Lucas Moura, Neymar, Fred
Coach: Mano Menezes

Costa Rica: (possible): Navas, Mora, Umaña, Miller, Díaz, Azofeida, Barrantes, Bolaños, Oviedo, Saborío (Campbell), Parks
Coach: Jorge Luis Pinto

Venue: Estádio Nacional de San Jose, Costa Rica
Date: 07/10/2011
Kickoff: 2300 (Brasília) 0300 (London)
Referee: Walter López (Guatemala)

http://pitacodogringo.wordpress.com/...-october-2011/

Napoli's Edinson Cavani set to start for Uruguay against Bolivia - report
The striker joins Suarez and Forlan up front for Tabarez's side, while Sebastian Coates is left out of a three-man central defence and replaced by Martin Caceres

Quote:
Probable Uruguay XI vs. Bolivia (3-4-3):

Muslera; Godin, Lugano, Caceres; M. Pereira, Perez, Arevalo, A. Pereira; Forlan, Cavani, Suarez.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1662/uru...ruguay-against

Jorge Valdivia & Matias Fernandez set to start in attacking Chile line-up versus Argentina - report
The creative pair started together in the Chileans' final practice session before Friday's clash in the Monumental, and are expected to start against the Argentines

Quote:
Argentina and Chile will meet this Friday in the Estadio Monumental, with kick-off scheduled for 20:10 local time (01:10 CET).

Probable Chile XI against Argentina (3-3-2-2):

Bravo; Jara, Ponce, Vidal; Isla, Carmona, Beausejour; Valdivia, Fernandez; Pinilla, Suazo.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1699/chi...t-in-attacking
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 17:34   #2623
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Doesn't count unless Xavi says so

What'd Xavi have to say about CR. Bet he says you suck.
In a month I'll tell you Xavi's opinion. Sadly his more than likely absence will prove that he's scared to come here cause we don't play football the way it should be played .

I don't get why we don't start Campbell. Not like we're going to win this match, but start Campbell.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 17:38   #2624
Kalac#16
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
P

Napoli's Edinson Cavani set to start for Uruguay against Bolivia - report
The striker joins Suarez and Forlan up front for Tabarez's side
Pity Forlan's pretty much done internationally, this would be an amazing front line to see consistently.
Kalac#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:48   #2625
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Brazil was absolutely garbage against Costa Rica. A little more quality from the Costa Rican they probably could of upset Brazil.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 17:21   #2626
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman10 View Post
Brazil was absolutely garbage against Costa Rica. A little more quality from the Costa Rican they probably could of upset Brazil.
They will continue to suck. Unfortunately, Brazil's coach wants neymar to be their superstar. Dinho wants to be Neymar's Robin which makes this team extremely boring and tactically awful. As I said before, Dani Alves is an aberration as a right back. It was funny see David Luis and TS33 yell at him when he almost screw up badly in midfield.

For me Oscar was an enigma because sometimes he tried to be the anchor; however, it looked that Dinho's presence could not be overboard. If Brazil continues this way they do not have a chance in a billion to win the world cup.
They seriously need decent right and left backs and a midfield plus Neymar needs to be sub badly.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 19:42   #2627
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Brazil's success in the upcomming years will depend on weather Kaka will get in form or if Ganso is something else than a glass (or well someone else rising up in the midfield, but I don't think it'll be enough to keep Mano and his terrible brand of football on board). Well that and Marcelo (inspite of making the cross that ended in goal, Dani Alves for the NT has never convinced me, but tbf, if both him + Marcelo would've started we would've lost 5-0). Fabio was shockingly bad.

Dear God Dinho is so over, I mean super over (class act as a person though, miles ahead of Messi as far as personality goes, but as a footballer he's done), yes he can produce a magic ball every once in a while, but he's too static, too slow...too easy to mark.

Neymar needs a body, he fell too easily (not to say we didn't kick some asses out there-we did went a bit violent there -, but Neymar just fell flat when someone brushed him) and was rather easy to mark, inspite of his talent. Seriously having watch him play for Santos, in the Copa America and live in here so not worth the hype.

As for Thiago, he gave me a huge scare when he went down for a few minutes, it was nothing thankfully. Argh, Saborío (who missed a super easy chance at the start of the game), not only beat him int that chance, but won most of the aerial battles, his positioning wasn't always the best. That said, I enjoy how secure he is with his passing and most importantly, how he commands the defensive line. Probably Brazil's best last night (but still worried about some aspects on his game), but really a joy to watch live.

Us? Loved the defense, well organized, we have no one in the midfield that brains smartly and in attack, Saborío was great in pivot in the 1st half specially but dear god how did he miss that? And Parks was great in the second half, I still don't get why he was subbed out, the way he was playing + Campbell could've caused chaos in Brazil's backline (it bugged me that we didn't aim to shoot much too, specially since it was pouring rain). Clinical finishing and the game would've been a draw maybe even a win, cause Brazil didn't actully created much overall, and were super slow, and there were times in the match were we control the possession (which I find it ridiculous).

The only thing I'm truely disgusted with are the "fans" that went to the stadium (I don't have a problem with the stadium not being full, rightfully, it was ridiculously expensive, prices in Mexico are much more lower and their playing in a similar capacity stadium), sat next to two girls from here that whenever Brazil attacked were waiting for their goal (obviously they just knew who Neymar, Ronaldinho, Marcelo and Dani Alves were, ok and Julio Cesar, and whenever some brazilian did a nice pass "oh my GOD DID YOU SEE THAT" yeah look we just did the same pass now...or worse yet when we fouled them "oh that animal, how dare he do that to Ronaldinho" airheads), I told them off "why Brazil to score? We're Costa Ricans, fuck them". They gave me the eye, which was fun .

People with Brazil jerseys and celebrating Neymar's goal...and jeering our team, FUCK THEM. Possibly the one reason I hate we play against this NTs is that: the people that go to the stadium are just gloryhunters who know jack shit about football, and then they feel they have the right to talk shit about our NT, we're screwed for the existance of fans like those. The enviroment was lame to say the least (it doesn't help that it's an Olympic stadium), people cheering brazilian players when they went out and the ones that came in...no one jeering their names when their starting lineup was announced, no one screaming the last names of our players when our starting lineup was announced. Lame lame lame. I know it's a friendly and that brazilians were super cool with the fans and the press in here, but fuck it, in the pitch they're rivals.

Signature
Old 08-10-2011, 20:01   #2628
Sage
Reinmēkā

did thiago silva get injured?????

Signature
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 20:25   #2629
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
did thiago silva get injured?????
No. Just a scare.

Signature
Old 11-10-2011, 15:24   #2630
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Hulk and Lucas Moura are likely to start this evening vs Mexico:

Probable Brazil team vs. Mexico (4-3-3): Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo; Lucas Leiva, Fernandinho, Ronaldinho; Lucas Moura, Hulk, Neymar.
Old 11-10-2011, 15:29   #2631
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Hulk and Lucas Moura are likely to start this evening vs Mexico:

Probable Brazil team vs. Mexico (4-3-3): Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo; Lucas Leiva, Fernandinho, Ronaldinho; Lucas Moura, Hulk, Neymar.
this game is a must watch, should be great.

Signature
Old 11-10-2011, 16:06   #2632
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Quote:
this game is a must watch, should be great.
Yeah, will be great but I dont like this Brazil midfield, I'd prefer seeing Hernanes and Sandro instead of Fernandinho and Dinho tbh.

Imo, this is where they will struggle, too many players in the team who dont track back enough, its suppose to be a 4.3.3 but will easily become a 4.1.3.2 when they go on the attack and that leaves them pretty vulnerable against fast breaks.

4.1.3.2:

Neymar......Hulk
Dinho.....Fernandinho....Lucas
Lucas
Defense
Old 11-10-2011, 16:18   #2633
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Yeah, will be great but I dont like this Brazil midfield, I'd prefer seeing Hernanes and Sandro instead of Fernandinho and Dinho tbh.

Imo, this is where they will struggle, too many players in the team who dont track back enough, its suppose to be a 4.3.3 but will easily become a 4.1.3.2 when they go on the attack and that leaves them pretty vulnerable against fast breaks.

4.1.3.2:

Neymar......Hulk
Dinho.....Fernandinho....Lucas
Lucas
Defense

I think its going to be a 4-2-3-1
gk

defence

lucas fernandinho

hulk lucas dinho

neymar

mexico away is a very good way to know if this formation will work or not.

Will mexico be fielding their best XI?

Signature
Old 11-10-2011, 16:30   #2634
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

[From a better and highly reliable source]

Quote:
Brazil will face a real test this evening when they take on Mexico in the estádio Corona, in Torreón. The match throws together super stars Neymar of Santos and Manchester United’s Chicharito. The Premier League will also be represented by Tottenham Hotspur’s Giovanni dos Santos, Liverpool’s Lucas Leiva and Chelsea’s David Luiz.

Brazil are expected to make a number of changes from the side that struggled to beat Costa Rica 1-0 last Friday. Jefferson is in goal in place of the injured Julio César. Daniel Alves, Marcelo, Lucas Leiva, Fernandinho and Hulk should come in for Fábio, Adriano, Ralf, Luiz Gustavo and Fred respectively.

Brazil and México have crossed swords 31 times: Brazil have won 18, Mexico 6 times.
Mexico (possible): Sánchez; Juárez, Rodríguez, Moreno, Salcido, Rafa Marquez, Castro, Barrera, Guardado; Giovanni dos Santos, Chicharito
Coach: José Manuel de la Torre

Brazil (probable): Jefferson, Daniel Alves, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Lucas Leiva, Fernandinho, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Lucas, Neymar, Hulk
Coach: Mano Menezes

Venue: estádio Corona, Torreón, Mexico
Date: 11 October 2011
Kickoff: 2230 (Brasília) 0230 (London)
Officials: Marlon Mejía (El Salvador), Daniel Williamson (Panama), Octavio Jara (Costa Rica)

Quote:
Will mexico be fielding their best XI?
Ye, pretty much.
Old 11-10-2011, 16:40   #2635
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

That is a very imbalance formation Brazil is playing. It would not surprise me if they lost this game. It basically a 4-2-4 formation with 2 attack minded fullbacks on top of that.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:54   #2636
Yoshi
ahmedwuzhere

Fav. Players: Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/57...against-mexico

Menezes says Hulk will play as striker, which doesn't really make sense if Brazil's going to play a 4-3-3. Looking at the probably line-up, it's kinda hard to imagine what formation they'll be playing. My guess is it will be a 4-2-1-3:

Ronaldinho---Hulk---Neymar
Lucas
Lucas Leiva---Fernandinho

Way too imbalanced imo..
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:56   #2637
Sven
Super Moderator

He will play 4-2-2-2
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 17:01   #2638
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Mexico could take them on in pace, if they're still playing with the intensity they showed in the Gold Cup, they'll beat this Brazil (the interesting thing is to see if they're still playing like that, cause I always have my reserves with Gio, Guardado and co.). That said I'm also interested in watching Marcelo + Dani Alves starting, Mexico's backline is slow...so it will be interesting.

Signature
Old 11-10-2011, 17:01   #2639
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
He will play 4-2-2-2
What are your thoughts on the personnel hes using? Imbalanced or not?
Old 11-10-2011, 17:12   #2640
Sven
Super Moderator

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the personnel hes using? Imbalanced or not?
Haven't watched Brazil lately, but doesn't look much balanced on paper. I guess Fernandinho deeper means he want more possession or something. So one wonder why he keep Hernanes on the bench...
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote