Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome back, but i dont think that his crazy character fit in this role. Kids nowadays are no near mentally strong enough, like his generation for example. He is without doubt the best discipline coach that you can get, but a youth coach need to know to work with youngsters and stuff. He would be a great assistant coach, but a head coach of primavera? That just cant work.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
THIS . IS . AWESOME

:devilfir:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"In more than one practice he would kick me just to teach me how to defend myself. " :lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
"In more than one practice he would kick me just to teach me how to defend myself. " :lol:

This is exactly what I've been saying we need for years

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Send all the little fuckboys in our squad like Locatelli back to Primavera for military training under Rino pls

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Send all the little fuckboys in our squad like Locatelli back to Primavera for military training under Rino pls

Yeah, it can be a good punishment for those who do stupid things, like not shaking hands with the coach when getting subbed and so on... :proud:

Imagine Bacca spending a week or so with Rino. He would come back and score like crazy.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

I feel Bertolacci already sent in a transfer request.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I feel Bertolacci already sent in a transfer request.

:lol: i swear..... he has the worst pussy attitude of any milan player in ages...

gattuso would beat the fuck out of him....

i doubt it would help though.

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Gattuso really gets what this club means. We need to bring our winning culture and he surely can help us do that, at least with the kids.

Would be awesome if we could bring back some other former leaders to have some kind of contact with our first team. Maldini doesn't seem an option, so maybe Ambrosini? What is Costacurta doing these days?

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
GATTUSO: “I’M PROUD TO BE BACK HOME, MY TASK IS TO INSTILL MILAN DNA IN OUR YOUNGSTERS, I WAS CONVINCED BY MILAN’S PROJECT, DONNARUMMA? BECOMING A LEGEND WORTH MORE THAN A FEW MILLIONS

May 26, 2017

1t0ixvvt.jpg

Gennaro Gattuso has revealed he was surprised by how much Fassone and Mirabelli wanted him to return to Milan and be the Primavera coach, and has made it a target for himself to ‘make youngsters understand what it means to wear the Red and Black jersey’.

The legendary Rino Gattuso officially returned to Milan on Friday as the club announced that the former midfielder has signed a contract until 2019 and will act as the coach of the Primavera team.

“Three weeks ago, when Milan first called, I had already talked to other clubs. We hit it off immediately and Mirabelli seemed like Baresi because he was man-marking me. I come off difficult years in complicated places but if today I’m here then the merit is of Fassone and Mirabelli. I truly thank everyone for giving me this chance,” Gattuso, 39-year-old, told journalists in the press room.

“I am proud to be back home, where I spent thirteen great years. I have a great task ahead of me, to instill Milan DNA in our youngsters, make them understand what it means to wear the Red and Black jersey. I’m here to give something more to the Primavera team. I think the sense of belonging must start from our youngsters. The fans’ joy of me returning to Milan? I feel responsibility for them every day. They’re part of my way of being. I really want to do well with these youngsters.

“I’m very happy, but I’m like a jackhammer that pushes everyone, just wants to do things and only cares about doing this job. It’s true that I will work with the younger players, but my duty will be to make them grow and certainly the support of the fans makes me very happy.

“I saw the Allievi team & studied the Primavera. For my part, I’ve the duty to give the club a ‘finished product’ and make the youngsters become great professional players. In the past couple of years at Pisa, I played with many youngsters – class 1997-1998 – and these years have helped me a lot.

“I saw that many of the players I coached have improved in my two years there, and this was one of the reasons I came here. At first I didn’t want to start coaching youth but in the last years I’ve realized that I needed it. Here at Milan, I can focus on only on the pitch matters, football and on coaching.

“This year hasn’t been great for the Primavera, but we have great talents in our Youth Sector. We can achieve good results. The strongest players in the Primavera squad? I don’t want to name players. There are interesting profiles, also in the 2000’s class. I know that we’ll have a competitive team.

“What I don’t want to see in the dressing room? Superficiality. My boys will have to understand that playing this sport is a privilege. I have seen youngsters playing football just because it’s fun. Lack of commitment is something I don’t want to see. I don’t like people that mess around, only those that work seriously and concretely. I had the pleasure to play with Costacurta, Maldini, Albertini.

“They [Billy, Paolo and Dimetrio] were my role models, just by looking at how they trained, at their attitude. We need to pass on this mentality to our youngsters. When youth players go into the first team, everything changes. It’s another sport, so it takes time. We need to raise the bar. We need to create players and also make them better from a physical point of view.

“Sharing ideas with Montella? He’s a very good and prepared coach. He’s the one who managed to bring this club back into Europe. I like his style of play and it’s something that I lack [as a coach]: In these 4-5 years, my teams have played better defensively and lacked something in the last 20-30 meters. For this reason, I’ve chosen to come here and I only have to learn from Vincenzo. It’s a pride to work and learn from him. I wish him the best because I want this team to win everything with Montella. I just want to train the Primavera, I’m not ready to train the first team.

“The main motivation for my return? I chose to come here because the club has shown they really wanted me. They convinced me almost immediately with their project. I’m here to show that playing football is something sincere, and I know very well that my working here will be very difficult. I had several offers, but I decided to return to a new club [new owners] that really wanted me.

“Is this a step back in my career [he previously coached at Sion, Palermo, OFI Crete and Pisa]? Not at all, they know me and how I think. In recent years, I never really had the conditions to work, but here everything is right, just look at the facilities we have. These two years will help me improve. How my ex-teammates reacted? Some people have congratulated me and others have joked with me, but those who know me know that if I make a decision, I’ll go through with it to the end.

“Convincing Donnarumma to stay? Gigio is a very important player now and still has 20 years of career in front of him. The only advice I can give him that becoming a legend is more important than a few millions. When the agent comes with an important offer then when you’re young you take it.

“But I know that Gigio has an important family that is helping him to choose well. I could’ve had bigger contracts in my career but for me the heart always won. We’re not all the same but I hope the boy will stay [Mino Raiola is expected to be in Milano next week to talk to the management].

“A message for the Milan fans around the world? Forza Milan, I hope it’ll be a winning season.”

Gattuso also spoke to journalists after the presser, saying: “Enthusiasm for my arrival? The enthusiasm needs to be for the new players who will come to Milan. A very strong squad is created. I have written important pages [in the Milan history books] but now I’m the coach of the Primavera. I’m happy about the affection but I hope there is enthusiasm for the players who will come.

“My decision? I’m convinced of the choice I’ve made. It’s been three hard years and I now just want to think about the pitch. The return to Milan? I just found Milan; there are different faces but nothing has changed – Milanello is always the same. I was surprised that they [the new management] wanted me so insistently. They are getting great players and want to create a great team.”

Rino also confirmed that he will be using the same formation as Montella next season. Gattuso visited at Milanello today and after leaving the Rossoneri in 2012, the Italian warrior is finally back.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
I'm crying tears of joy every time I see his thread in ACM Players & Staff

:proud:

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
My favourite Milan player of all time. His energy and passion was immense.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
This man is love (-:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Been quiet from him lately.

I'm curious what kind of resources he'll be given. I doubt they'd bring him in if they didn't intend to give him great talent to work with.

Damn, I'm gonna follow the primavera next season.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Looking amazing in this jersey :eek:
53YCm46sRvuzDWZ6wlSSgw.png

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Gennaro Gattuso told off his Milan Primavera side for an “embarrassing” 5-1 defeat to Sassuolo on his debut.

The Rossoneri had taken the lead in Reggio-Emilia through Riccardo Forte’s volley after 12 minutes, but moments later Raoul Bellanova received a straight red card.

Sassuolo’s youth team ran riot with Nicholas Pierini’s brace, Aristidi Kolaj, Andrea Ghion and Scamacca.

“The red card changed the game,” Gattuso told Sportitalia.

“There are regrets, and the result does not reflect the game, but at the same time the weaknesses of this side emerged.

“Too many times we didn’t move in unison in defence and we make too many mistakes. The defeat hurts because of the way it happened.

“It was embarrassing, we have to accept that. There is more work to be done.”

Rino boys are so gonna get a beating.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It upsets me when I think he actually might not be a good coach at all. Let's hope for the best.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's not rush into conclusions after one match.

The kids just don't get the Gattusso tactics yet.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
How many 4th graders do you think gattuso could take on in a fight before being overwhelmed?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's here to make proper footballers out of the pussies, not to win the Primavera scudetto.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
lol his job is to teach the kids not win primavera trophies

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud