Vincenzo Montella Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
you know when certain people dislike someone, he's probably good.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Fuking shitt cunt montela need play 3-4-1-2 wil score many gols
he trainned 3-4-2-1 for the next game.
With Suso and Hakan behind Silva.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
My reaction when folks bash Montella for rotating players

518e3ec36c16a0d25dd8d135a3b6c9b27b949f9e85724ec0b5dbe3c35bcdaf98.jpg

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
�� @VMontella : "We don't need to focus too much in the system. We play always in a similar way. Last game we mostly changed our attitude"

fucking 100% agree

need to change that pussy attitude and stop blaming the system :thumbsup:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
My reaction when folks bash Montella for rotating players

518e3ec36c16a0d25dd8d135a3b6c9b27b949f9e85724ec0b5dbe3c35bcdaf98.jpg

Oh yeah that makes total sense, save for the fact we have almost a completely new first 11, and it takes a bit for any group of players to gel, and its stupid to keep rotating them this early?

But other then that, Montella is totally right in not having a fixed formation + a preferred first 11 tailored for that formation.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Oh yeah that makes total sense, save for the fact we have almost a completely new first 11, and it takes a bit for any group of players to gel, and its stupid to keep rotating them this early?

But other then that, Montella is totally right in not having a fixed formation + a preferred first 11 tailored for that formation.

I agree with this.
Thought I was the only one.

We need to choose our forward lineup and stick to it.
I think it should be KaliGOAT-Silva....with Cutrone getting at least 20 minutes each game unless they are tearing it up.

I think Conti's injury has thrown a significant spoke in the wheel though.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
You can't beat the mid-table teams and you can't beat the big teams... How will you finish in top 4?

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
SACK!!!!!

Has no clue about formation, players, subs.
Team has no play, motivation.

What the fuck re u doing on training??

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ok, it's over now. Sigh.

I was never convinced by Montella, even when our results were really good in the first half of last season. But right now, I dont think MontellaOut is the solution, it's kinda how shitty our situation is. Who's going to replace him? Fassone confirmed we need results now so we cant wait for Ancelotti, Tuchel is good, but hiring a coach mid-season who doesn't speak italian and has history of falling out with managements is destined to fail. Gattuso? Nah, thanks.

Romagnely

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Cafu, Gattuso, Ibra, Bennacer, Tomori

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You know whats the actual problem?

Cluless AF coach going rotating players every single match without core main 11 up front.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
You can't beat the mid-table teams and you can't beat the big teams... How will you finish in top 4?

By subbing in Borini :proud:

Bring back Seedorf :D

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Sack the cunt, and ban his followers for treason against Milan.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
By subbing in Borini :proud:

Bring back Seedorf :D

Worst sub of all time... turned off my stream after the goal so thank god I didn't see the sub... I think I would have fainted.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Worst sub of all time... turned off my stream after the goal so thank god I didn't see the sub... I think I would have fainted.

:lol::lol: same.
Dude cant read game at all. They were playing offside trap for 90minutes and we kept doing it. Suso was doing nothing yet kept playing in formation that doesnt suit him.
First half one of the worst i have ever seen and still no subs, nothing. Waits till we concede.
Even games we won, it was more luck or penalty.

I swear to God we looked better last year with worse players.

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│

this:

Fassone fury with Milan attitude
By Football Italia staff

Milan sporting director Marco Fassone was furious with his side’s defeat to a ‘weaker’ Sampdoria team, adding there are ‘no excuses.’

The Rossoneri were outplayed at Marassi this afternoon and succumbed to a 2-0 loss against Marco Giampaolo’s team.

Speaking post-match, Fassone expressed in no uncertain terms how things need to improve quickly at the San Siro.

“Confidence does not come from one day to the next, but from results,” the director began.

“There should have been confidence but we didn’t see it on the pitch. I hope it comes soon.

Fassone added that although he respects the work of Giampaolo, Milan should be beating teams of Samp’s level.

“I don’t know whether it’s a question of playing against a good team. I don’t think Samp are of our level, Giampaolo has done very well.

“I congratulate him, but Milanare stronger than Samp and need to approach the match in a different way.

“We’ve had some alarm bells, today we are angry and I have come to talk because these defeats should not be considered as routine.

“Milan should not lose against opponents considered weaker than ourselves.”

Fassone did however concede that big-spending Milan had been expecting obstacles as new signings look to bed in.

“We expected obstacles and we expected the first six months to be hard.

“The players are new and we are prepared. The second half of the journey, in theory, will be easier.

“But today we didn’t like the attitude. There shouldn’t be excuses and it needs to be changed quickly.”

https://www.football-italia.net/110351/fassone-fury-milan-attitude

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Maybe we didn't rotate enough?

More B-players next time