The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 15-01-2013, 20:33   #61
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
Fun fact: Amelia is the worst keeper in Serie A for percentage of shots saved. Abbiati is 17th. Saying they've got a crap defence in front of them is fine if you're comparing them to the top keepers, but this season they're two of the worst in the entire league. And that's despite their experience (and whatever else you get with age that makes you "ready" for Milan, especially the great Milan of 2013).

It's a bullshit argument anyway. You're never too young. These are grown men and professional footballers for fuck's sake. You're either good or you're not. Perin will make mistakes, so will Abbiati, and definitely Amelia too. The difference is that he'll learn from his mistakes and improve his game, whereas those two will be thinking of their retirement paychecks with every goal they concede.

And the fact that we have both of them is the issue - one needs to go and if we dont make 3rd spot then the younger keeper should be in an open competition with the veteran to be starter.

I wonder if we really believe in Gabriel or its all a ploy in these negotiations.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 21:14   #62
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
Fun fact: Amelia is the worst keeper in Serie A for percentage of shots saved. Abbiati is 17th. Saying they've got a crap defence in front of them is fine if you're comparing them to the top keepers, but this season they're two of the worst in the entire league. And that's despite their experience (and whatever else you get with age that makes you "ready" for Milan, especially the great Milan of 2013).

It's a bullshit argument anyway. You're never too young. These are grown men and professional footballers for fuck's sake. You're either good or you're not. Perin will make mistakes, so will Abbiati, and definitely Amelia too. The difference is that he'll learn from his mistakes and improve his game, whereas those two will be thinking of their retirement paychecks with every goal they concede.
I've taken their save percentages into consideration(even wrote several posts about it).

I'm judging readiness by how good and reliable the Milan GK should be, not the level set by Amelia or Kalac or just age.

Perin is already better than Amelia, but if Abbiati finds last season's form, which I think he will as long as the injuries don't get too many, then he's a much better option than Perin atm.

Getting Perin or someone else would, for me, depend on how much we can get him for and how much we are willing to spend on a GK. If we're going to spend 8-12m and need a new 1st choice GK for next season, then I think there are much better options than Perin.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 22:33   #63
joyrider
Il Moderati

20mil? for this guy? whuuut?
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 22:35   #64
LemonCookies
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
It's called keeping suitors away.
LemonCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 23:07   #65
Kasoka
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
If Strasser's agent says he is 10 millions worth does that mean we only sell him for that amount or does it mean that his agent wants to praise him? I think you know the answer.
Kasoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2013, 23:56   #66
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonCookies View Post
It's called keeping suitors away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasoka View Post
If Strasser's agent says he is 10 millions worth does that mean we only sell him for that amount or does it mean that his agent wants to praise him? I think you know the answer.

i call it stupidity to the max level

but ofcourse in football everything is allowed
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 01:17   #67
Albertini
aka MaldiniCapitano

perins price will mostly be dictated by weather pescara are relegated or not and they seem to have improved recently. if pescara stay up i wouldn't be surprised if they hold onto him for a year longer, i think 2013 is 1 year too early before milan and napoli decide to change their goalkeepers. theres also uncertainty with fiorentina who have dropped viviano they could make a bid, as could roma coached by zeman who loves developing young italian guys
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2013, 05:32   #68
Raz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaldiniCapitano View Post
perins price will mostly be dictated by weather pescara are relegated or not and they seem to have improved recently. if pescara stay up i wouldn't be surprised if they hold onto him for a year longer, i think 2013 is 1 year too early before milan and napoli decide to change their goalkeepers. theres also uncertainty with fiorentina who have dropped viviano they could make a bid, as could roma coached by zeman who loves developing young italian guys
Perin is owned in full by Genoa and is on loan in Pescara until the end of this season.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 17:13   #69
benjamin
李勇鸿

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Cafu

Zenit is gonna bid for Perin.
benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 19:38   #70
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Also, apparently Barca are scouting him.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 19:43   #71
AndreiX
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Allen Iverson

^
they can go fornicate themselves
AndreiX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 19:45   #72
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Why haven't we just signed that bastard yet?

Signature
Old 19-01-2013, 20:11   #73
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

So in Summary:

- We are interested in Perin.
- Ladri too, despite they got Leali last season.
- Zenit has entered the race.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 18:40   #74
Albertini
aka MaldiniCapitano

our future goalkeeper just conceeded 6, yes 6 goals today. sign him up B & G
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 18:40   #75
Christian
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.

Quote:
Trying to decrease his price
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:17   #76
melanman
The Oracle

Quote:
on a another note consigli looked solid, we should try and grab him if they get relegated.
melanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 19:36   #77
scarecrows
AC Milan Icon

Pescara defense is nonexistent

only in one goal (the second) he could have done better. Maybe a little more attention in the 5th but didnt expect the defense to be asleep like that

He made 2 miracles in first half

Signature
scarecrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 20:06   #78
Dottore Joey
Vice

Are people actually judging him by the results?

The Similar way you all have "watched" players we are after, and you all judge them? (By Youtube video etc.)

I remember when Liverpool trashed Newcastle 5-1 or something like that, but still Shay Given was the MOTM.

Signature

Last edited by Dottore Joey; 27-01-2013 at 20:08.
Old 27-01-2013, 20:14   #79
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<

If they lost 6-0, it`s an indicator of how shit their defense is, not the goalkeeper.
Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2013, 21:47   #80
Hitman
Banned

for those who argue that it was just one game,

Pescara have the worst defense record in Serie A with 45 goals conceded... the second worsts are Cagliari and Roma with 38.

Sure his defense sucks, but he doesn't exactly strike me as the new Buffon
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote