Alessio Romagnoli Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Romagnoli needs some real help if he was to step up as a player. Having Kjaer around is good but we need a higher level defender for Romagnoli to play with if he hope he could up his game.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I think Romagnoli needs some real help if he was to step up as a player. Having Kjaer around is good but we need a higher level defender for Romagnoli to play with if he hope he could up his game.

Lol pretty baseless hypothesis.

No evidence his game goes up or down with more or less quality around him.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

We could put Baresi next to him... Still wont help. No matter how you set up a team. There is always a chance your defender will be involved in a 1 v 1 .... Roma has shown he cannot be relied upon in such moments.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

i don't understand this excuse. it was used for Montolivo in the past.

this logic is normally used for players who offer something great in one phase/aspect which prevent them to fully participate in the opposite phase...or they have such great skills in one department but lack of in another department ... so you pair them with a complementary player(s)

like is Theo is a great weapon going forwards so he will sometimes be far up during counter and not make it in time...you surround him with a CB (and even DM & LW) who can cover for him.

for someone to cover 1 weak aspect of your game, you gotta be great at another aspect that brings great value to the team.

it's not the case here at all...you're pretty much asking for him to get carried...if you have to get carried you simply don't fit/belong.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Get over it. Hes mediocre and thats it

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

hahahaha wtf... to Romagnoli, everyone is really fast. Lukaku has pace, he's not a burner but he is a strong runner and honestly, anyone is a blazer compared to Romagnoli, guy has always been a slug.

Bottom line is if we are dead set on a high press and Theo shoving up heavily, then Romagnoli cannot start at CB there. If we change formations it'd probably be fine, but as is, he does not fit this team's style of play and his weaknesses are on display in this style of press as with a high press and Theo halfway up the field most of the time a lot of 1v1's or 1v2's are going to happen with relative consistency so you need an athletic defender there who's good at making early challenges so as to not let the defense have the time to run at you, and this is definitely not Romagnoli's strength and it shows

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
@neruda habibi I'm not sure why you are still using that eeeww avatar

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo

At this point he should be mentoring someone and not be 'mentored'. He is not a kid anymore.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I think the problem with Romagnoli started when he was given the captaincy. He was still not ready for the change in mentality. Its hard to lead a group when you are not confident of your own abilities and there's a difference between knowing what you can do and actually performing it.

Because Romagnoli is actually a good player, let's not act like we weren't excited when he first joined us, and for the most part he looked like the real deal.

But when he became captain he lost focus, he thought he should argue with the ref and he began to make lazy and silly fouls. He is a much different defender today than when he first joined.

If it were up to me I would talk to him sensibly and tell him that we are giving the captaincy to someone else and that doing so would be for his own good. We want him to redevelop and we should pair him with an excellent defender who can teach him. I really wanted Thiago Silva, only to continue this passage of Milanese defence through the generations.

The banter era really fucked us because we lost that link between champions and developing players.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I think the problem with Romagnoli started when he was given the captaincy. He was still not ready for the change in mentality. Its hard to lead a group when you are not confident of your own abilities and there's a difference between knowing what you can do and actually performing it.

Because Romagnoli is actually a good player, let's not act like we weren't excited when he first joined us, and for the most part he looked like the real deal.

But when he became captain he lost focus, he thought he should argue with the ref and he began to make lazy and silly fouls. He is a much different defender today than when he first joined.

If it were up to me I would talk to him sensibly and tell him that we are giving the captaincy to someone else and that doing so would be for his own good. We want him to redevelop and we should pair him with an excellent defender who can teach him. I really wanted Thiago Silva, only to continue this passage of Milanese defence through the generations.

The banter era really fucked us because we lost that link between champions and developing players.

I only disagree with the armband. He can be captain and sit on the bench. The problem is, he will leave if that happens and im not sure if we gain more recovering him or signing someone else(Milan if after a croatian defender that i forgot his name). Thats a issue that i dont know.
Romagnoli doesnt deserv more money tho.

Who do you think would won a race between Romagnoli and Sule ?

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
2015: I defend like Nesta & have the touch of Zidane.

CM5MxpDWsAA3cPG

:star::proud:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I only disagree with the armband. He can be captain and sit on the bench. The problem is, he will leave if that happens and im not sure if we gain more recovering him or signing someone else(Milan if after a croatian defender that i forgot his name). Thats a issue that i dont know.

I don't think he deserves a raise either. What he deserves is a reality check, he is not a captain yet, he should return to development and to try to find his best form because its there. If he doesn't agree to fight for his development then sell him by all means, but I would want to hear that stated from him clearly first. I get the feeling that he loves the club and I am okay with him on the squad if he has a stronger mentality.

Sule is like Romagnoli from 3 years ago... they're same level of defender

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lord Romagnoli

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
For a guy that tall and slow, he's awfully weak. If he had strength, atleast that would compensate for his slow legs. But players like Lukaku can easily shrug him off

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
For a guy that tall and slow, he's awfully weak. If he had strength, atleast that would compensate for his slow legs. But players like Lukaku can easily shrug him off

Lukaku shrugging him off isn?t as much a problem - a 15 year old Lukaku probably would have physically destroyed him.

Problem is Romagnoli will get physically dominated by even guys like Belotti or Zaza.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
His dip in confidence is worrying. He needs to get his shit together or gtfo.
The ball playing defender role is for him very natural but it is not always needed in every match. He should adapt to the opposition but I think he lacks the talent play at a higher level atm.
As Italian as he is, his peak will come in 4 years, I’m not sure that we should wait that long.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His dip in confidence is worrying. He needs to get his shit together or gtfo.
The ball playing defender role is for him very natural but it is not always needed in every match. He should adapt to the opposition but I think he lacks the talent play at a higher level atm.
As Italian as he is, his peak will come in 4 years, I?m not sure that we should wait that long.

One of the problems is, he still be treated like a little boy, but the main problem is our defensive issue. Coachs finded that out and are exploring it.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score

good but not great. His development has halted since 3-4 years ago. It is very obvious he is in his comfort zone.

If there is a decent offer for him we should let him go.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Mleite is crying in her sleep

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Sule is quite fast. Much faster than Romagnoli or Kjaer

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
He needs a couple clean sheets to regain confidence. He?s going thru a bad patch but the frustrating thing is that inside there is a totally competent defender. Not too long ago he was in the type of form that had him linked to other top sides in Europe.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He needs a couple clean sheets to regain confidence. He?s going thru a bad patch but the frustrating thing is that inside there is a totally competent defender. Not too long ago he was in the type of form that had him linked to other top sides in Europe.

I would say Pioli is already giving him chances. Right now I don't really know what can help his confidence.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I actually think Romagnoli would do so well at a club like Bayern. He is perfect for German football

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
I would say Pioli is already giving him chances. Right now I don't really know what can help his confidence.

It?s not the usual norm to drop a captain because he is supposed to be the pillar of consistency in the squad. But it?s also not typical for the captain to be the weak link of the entire squad which is what people here have been proclaiming.

Can a club captain also instil positivity from the bench? Sure, guys like Henderson and Lahm and very famously cr7?s sideline antics for Portugal in the European cup final against France. Romagnoli and Pioli have to address this delicate moment with the interest of the club first

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Kessie should be the captain he is always down to fight

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Niklas sule lmaooooo
The bum who got benched by a left-back

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I actually think Romagnoli would do so well at a club like Bayern. He is perfect for German football

League focuses on man marking and quick transitions.

Will be as good as oddo was at bayern. Pure comic relief.

But then he's a already a living breathing meme of himself. :head:

Niklas sule lmaooooo
The bum who got benched by a left-back

Abate would bench your boy right now lmao.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How world class defender trains:
11361_big.jpg

How Romagnoli trains
tenor.gif