Thiago Silva Thread

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i like what i saw... he had a quality to his game i dont see in kaladze and bonera.... a more intelligent CD which we desperately need.... he is on the shorter side... i still dont buy he's 186 cm or whatever some1 posted..... he looked more like 182 but he can jump high so what does it matter... a great signing and we lucked out cause his contract was expirign... if he was under longer contract woulda cost 15-20 mil easy

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel
vs. Hannover:

You need to cut "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v="- part ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
From what I've seen from Silva playing for Brasil, he is an inteligent player, not like Kaladze and bonera who are butchers and only play well when are paired up with Nesta.

Silva has speed and is calm, also has a great jumping ability. I see him also as a bit of a wild CB, and that is not a good thing for serie a. He has no fear, likes to pass near his own goal, push up etc. But those things will be solved in Milanello and in time.

We cant judge a Cb in his first game for Milan with back line he has never played before. For strikers its easier, defenders are darder to fit in. But Silva did really well.

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
0,,16869648-EX,00.jpg
hahaha does emerson know hes playing on the pitch? looks like hes rockin in a mosh pit..
Thiago reminds me of Ramos loves to get ahead alot..hopefully he builds on his skills and maintains this form next season

Last edited:

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
So can thiago play this week? Or does he have to wait till next season?

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
^Can't play til next season.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
I liked how he played last night. He seems to be reliable in the middle of our defense, especially with Nesta next to him.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
We have a world class CD in him if things went as it is.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Nesta - TS is perhaps the strongest part of our team. Both are very composed, technically sound CBs. TS is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Well done and keep it up!

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
you can just feel when someone is good and when someone sucks, this guy has everything to be the best and him + nesta = omg :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
yeah i feel in the next few years he will be the best CB in world football, i already feel we have the best CB pairing in italy. but thiago silva is an awesome player and i feel him and nesta(current best) will rock serie and keep a lot of cleansheets.

it is true that you can tell if someone will be good, problem is i feel silva will be a world-beater, yet i don't feel the same for hunter

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
I love how he positions himself and manages to always head the ball when we win a corner. Pulling a Vidic right there:D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I love how he positions himself and manages to always head the ball when we win a corner. Pulling a Vidic right there:D

I think we play the corners on him. The way Nesta yelled during one free-kick made me think we have some sort of new plan for corners.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
diplomatic or not i can't have "fuck you real scum" attitude ;) it's ok who ever wins it, i guess draw would also be nice...kaka is not really a huge factor but it's positive thing. if i really had to choose one it would milan.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
milannews.it had a poll asking which player has impressed the most during the pre-season. The poll is still ongoing but TS is winning by a landslide:

Storari 1.48 %
Nesta 11.33 %
Thiago Silva 51.13 %
Abate 21.97 %
Pirlo 0.30 %
Flamini 5.32 %
Gattuso 0.99 %
Pato 4.14 %
Ronaldinho 2.27
Inzaghi 1.08 %

sLurPPP

il diavolo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leah Dizon, 3, 21 , 9MVB, 13, 7S, 22, 10RC, 4Alb, 7 Len, 10Savi
yeah i feel in the next few years he will be the best CB in world football, i already feel we have the best CB pairing in italy. but thiago silva is an awesome player and i feel him and nesta(current best) will rock serie and keep a lot of cleansheets.

it is true that you can tell if someone will be good, problem is i feel silva will be a world-beater, yet i don't feel the same for hunter

Modern football defense start from midfield, and Leo squad shows nothing to defend from midfield.
I don't see many cleansheets if nothing change.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
diplomatic or not i can't have "fuck you real scum" attitude ;) it's ok who ever wins it, i guess draw would also be nice...kaka is not really a huge factor but it's positive thing. if i really had to choose one it would milan.
You support who you want. No one can tell you who you can or can not support. Real though ... Eeeewwww. My opinion, thats it :D

PS. I dislike Barca more if thats any consolation :tongue:

As with regards to the poll, well deserved! :star:

Elbow man

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, T.Silva, Rui Costa, Inzaghi
milannews.it had a poll asking which player has impressed the most during the pre-season. The poll is still ongoing but TS is winning by a landslide:

Storari 1.48 %
Nesta 11.33 %
Thiago Silva 51.13 %
Abate 21.97 %
Pirlo 0.30 %
Flamini 5.32 %
Gattuso 0.99 %
Pato 4.14 %
Ronaldinho 2.27
Inzaghi 1.08 %
:conf::conf: R80 was very impressive IMO, he is filling the void left by Kaka fairly well, if he continues the way he did in pre-season

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
abate over nesta?

to many fans, nesta is still nesta. Off injury or not, he's expected to be class. abate is an exciting young player most don't know about

:conf::conf: R80 was very impressive IMO, he is filling the void left by Kaka fairly well, if he continues the way he did in pre-season

he had some moments, but its not good enough. We'll see how his seasons starts against actual serie A sides at same level of fitness as him (supposedly)

anyway i'd probably rank this way:
1. T.Silva
2. Nesta
3. Abate
and no1 else has really impressed me.... pirlo, gattuso, flamini really impressed me monday night but cant say all preseason

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Thiago Silva > Santacroce > actually almost all Young Italian CBs we dreamed of having here. Considering he is a Brazilian, we have stolen a rare gem for 11 mil Euros? If he can keep up his form+improve in Serie A/ CL, then we r in for a big 4 finish guaranteed.