The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:44   #161
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

BORING.

Boxing sucks monkey balls compared to MMA, you can just ran away and hug your opponent the entire match and don't get ducked any points. Also and maybe even more importantly, ring control isn't pointed.

Floyd the man who beats woman and hugs men won the "fight"..lulz this was a glorified sparing match.

Signature
Old 03-05-2015, 08:47   #162
Sage
Phase 2

same shit happens in mma when the guy decides to hold ("wrestle") another guy on the ground for 3/5 rounds, boring fights happen in boxing and mma.

over hyped matches tend to disappoint most of the time, cormier jones was a snooze fest IMO.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:22   #163
joyrider
Il Moderati

I'm sure there'll be a real fight of the century in the next 85yrs.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:17   #164
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Floyd too good. He soaked Manny in and controlled him like a training partner.

meh fight though, this is what you get when a fight is long overdue.

Signature
GOAT
Old 03-05-2015, 13:16   #165
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

motherfucka

Signature
Old 03-05-2015, 13:20   #166
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

All this talk about running is exaggerated.

This fight was a battle of styles.

Mayw is a counter fighter, and he perfects it. Pac just couldn't implement his game plan/style.

If this fight had happened 4-5 years ago then who knows.

Signature
GOAT
Old 03-05-2015, 13:20   #167
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Pacman should have dressed like mrs packman if he wanted floyd to fight him.

Whats the chance of a rematch? Flyod is better. Closing his career beating pac twice would be the best way to go out + hed get another shiton of cash. Whats he got to loose?

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
Old 03-05-2015, 13:23   #168
bacon d'or
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seveners View Post
Fight of the century still belong to Morales vs Barrera
oh yes right I mean I dont always watch boxing (I didnt watch pacman vs floyd, fell asleep), but when I do... morales vs barrera I

what a fight that was, two real warriors, barrera should have won

Signature
Old 03-05-2015, 13:24   #169
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

Mayw is a counter fighter, and he perfects it. Pac just couldn't implement his game plan/style.

I wonder if xavi hernandez thinks floyds fighting stile is a correct way of playing sports?

Signature

''SPES SIBI QUISQUE''
Old 03-05-2015, 13:27   #170
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

Truth is this was always going to be a boring fight - even if it was 5 years ago.

If the fight had originally happened Floyd would have held more, been more elusive and still coasted to victory. Manny's only hope would have been to go all out and hope something connected to hurt him and then take control.

The mere fact that he didnt even try that last night and chose to fight tactically instead of throwing caution to the win in the first 4 rounds shows he and Freddie Roach (who is doing way more talking than winning these last few years) arent on the level of Floyd tactically.

It was fun to see the media paint Floyd a certain way and once again he outfoxed them like de does every opponent with his calm and reserved entrance, his sporting displays throughout the fight and his gracious words after.

He made it look like all they were saying (much of it true but some stuff very slanted) was all lies. Sure he had domestic abuse cases, he served time or settled them, sure he is extravagant and promotes a materialistic lifestyle but isnt that the US capitalistic system and he has used that image to market himself far past what any would have thought for his style of fighting.

Where were the reports on Mayweather's discipline or work ethic or tactical ability - no need because so much people just wanted to see him lose when if you were paying attention to both men careers you would know that was ever only going to happen off of a lucky punch.
Old 03-05-2015, 13:28   #171
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Talismano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladro View Post
I wonder if xavi hernandez thinks floyds fighting stile is a correct way of playing sports?
Anti - boxing

Running, holding, ring too big
Old 03-05-2015, 13:31   #172
Massaro94
#HungrierThanEver

Fav. Players: GON-ZA-LO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon d'or View Post
motherfucka

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Gattuso: "It makes me laugh when I hear that we are a team that can finish second or third."
Old 03-05-2015, 13:45   #173
seveners
SAPL Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon d'or View Post
oh yes right I mean I dont always watch boxing (I didnt watch pacman vs floyd, fell asleep), but when I do... morales vs barrera I

what a fight that was, two real warriors, barrera should have won
The first fight could go either way even many believed barrera should have won it. The second one also close though most of people think morales should have won it. And the third bout was also close again though barrera won by majority decision.
What a trilogy fight that was.

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
Old 03-05-2015, 13:56   #174
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by seveners View Post
The first fight could go either way even many believed barrera should have won it. The second one also close though most of people think morales should have won it. And the third bout was also close again though barrera won by majority decision.
What a trilogy fight that was.
Those fights were like movie fights. One guy would get rocked and you were sure he was in serious trouble but he would come right back and land something devastating and back and forth they went.

The will of both of them and ability to take punishment was just to a ridiculous level.
Old 03-05-2015, 14:26   #175
seveners
SAPL Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

First

Second

Third

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
Old 03-05-2015, 14:39   #176
seveners
SAPL Winner

Full throttle from start to end

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST
Old 03-05-2015, 15:06   #177
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
same shit happens in mma when the guy decides to hold ("wrestle") another guy on the ground for 3/5 rounds, boring fights happen in boxing and mma.

over hyped matches tend to disappoint most of the time, cormier jones was a snooze fest IMO.

Is Ben Askren boring as fuck? Yes

Is he so good at what he does that he can be annoying as fuck and not a single person can do anything about it? Yes.

Same applies with Mayweather, on a even higher level. If people don't like his "running" and "hugging", then they should figure out a strategy to stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post

MB,

One of the few ppl here who knows what they are talking about in terms of fighting.

And I will end with this.

Signature
Old 03-05-2015, 15:09   #178
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Signature
Old 03-05-2015, 16:53   #179
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
Old 03-05-2015, 17:04   #180
seveners
SAPL Winner

Signature

BEST OF THE BEST

Last edited by seveners; 03-05-2015 at 17:11.
Closed Thread