The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who should win Panchina d'Oro 2018-19?
Max Allegri 1 3.33%
Gian Piero Gasperini 16 53.33%
Gennaro Gattuso 7 23.33%
Leonardo Semplici 3 10.00%
Sinisa Mihajlovic 3 10.00%
Carlo Ancelotti 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2020, 11:45   #13801
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polotelli View Post
Conte after the ladri?s job?
Not applicable for Juve anymore and I highly doubt there's teams in Italy willing to take on such a problematic figure on astronomical wages and short-sighted transfer policy.

Signature
Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:38   #13802
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
I really hope it's not just because of circumstance. Finally playing attractive football and getting results. Time will tell if we can keep it up.

As much as I hate to say it, feel bad for you guys. Must be heartbreaking given how other teams - including yourself, Lazio - dropped stupid points and lost out on the title. 2 points (to account for H2H) behind which was a win vs Bologna or Gagliardini scoring an open goal gives. If anyone beats Juve next season it'll be you guys. Roma and Napoli will get stronger but not much, same with us if we can keep up this form but I don't expect a title challenge. Atalanta and Lazio are questionmarks as to if they can do the same as this season.
Thanks mate, but the way I see it Juve won the Scudetto with 2 games to spare. So the real difference was 8 points. Still those 11 points dropped against Sassuolo, Bologna, Verona, Roma & Fiorentina in the post Covid days did hurt. But we are really behind Juve in terms of squad, our lack of depth got exposed with a game every 3 days, so its understandable. Maybe in a year or two we can catch up. It time there is a new scudetto winner.

Right now, I am just hoping Conte does not do his usual rage quit routine. He will be an idiot to do that, he would only make himself almost unemployable. So hopefully better senses will prevail and we can continue building on this project.

Last edited by bluenine; 03-08-2020 at 12:40.
bluenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 19:07   #13803
Pingu
Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post
Right now, I am just hoping Conte does not do his usual rage quit routine.
After his speech yesterday, I'd err on the side of him getting sacked soon if he doesn't keep it to himself - but that's not how he works Management must be pissed for him to speak out like that against them.

Signature
Arctic Stream Emperor
Pingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:26   #13804
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
After his speech yesterday, I'd err on the side of him getting sacked soon if he doesn't keep it to himself - but that's not how he works Management must be pissed for him to speak out like that against them.
Why does he give a fuck? He?s got the upper hand.

He leaves and at least 3-4 clubs of significance will grab him

He has Inter by the balls

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:50   #13805
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Conte is a joke, that's why i didn't want him anywhere near us, complains about anything and everything.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:29   #13806
bluenine
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Why does he give a fuck? He?s got the upper hand.

He leaves and at least 3-4 clubs of significance will grab him

He has Inter by the balls
I am not so sure about that. There aren't many clubs in the world who can afford Conte. And if he rage quits or gets sacked for the 3rd consecutive time after a major public rift with the management, that will not help his employability.

Anyways, its best for everyone at Inter if this gets resolved in a meeting room.
bluenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 15:53   #13807
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenine View Post
I am not so sure about that. There aren't many clubs in the world who can afford Conte. And if he rage quits or gets sacked for the 3rd consecutive time after a major public rift with the management, that will not help his employability.

Anyways, its best for everyone at Inter if this gets resolved in a meeting room.
You think Conte can?t get a job? I know you?re a serious poster but this is silly

Plenty of managers have had rifts with clubs and the players. If they show they can win, an Conte can, they will always have a job.

Signature
David, please sell me the forum
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 15:53   #13808
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Ibra, Jack, Romagnoli.

Letting Conte go is the worst thing Inter could do.
They had poor form after Covid break, but I see them as the only side who can usurp Juve next season. Building on this season with Conte would be in their best interest. Starting with a new coach will undo all that.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 16:11   #13809
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
Letting Conte go is the worst thing Inter could do.
They had poor form after Covid break, but I see them as the only side who can usurp Juve next season. Building on this season with Conte would be in their best interest. Starting with a new coach will undo all that.
They had third best form in Serie A after us and Atalanta

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 02:02   #13810
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Ibra, Jack, Romagnoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
They had third best form in Serie A after us and Atalanta
Fair enough. But the amount of times they failed to take advantage of poor results from Juve still indicates a very disappointing run.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 21:36   #13811
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 00:48   #13812
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Lazio getting David Silva on a 5 year deal

could potentially be an amazing move for them, serie a looking stronger and stronger

Signature
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 15:06   #13813
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

I used to envy how brilliantly Juve and Napoli were run.

But take the worst traits from Mirabelli and Galliani and you'll get Paratici.
To think this guy was the RnB dream signing as Galliani replacement....

He probably is competent at certain things, but there's a reason Marotta was his boss.

12m net and 85m transfer fee for a kid who looked good in a few UCL games for a great team that also made Daley Blind seem like a good defender. The high-profile errors with the Dutch NT should've been a warning sign...but no.

9m net for Rabiot.
7m net for Ramsey.
All the agent and sign-on fees.
Danilo.
3.5m net for Rugani.
3m net for De Sciglio.
And then, of course, the CR disaster.

As for Napoli, they were doing fine until De Laurentiis decided to give Koulibaly a massive raise instead of cashing in on him while he was overvalued in the market, the way they had previously done with Cavani, Higuain, Jorginho, etc.
Koulibaly's raise created jealousy among the likes of Insigne and Allan. The latter basically stopped performing when he realized ADL isn't going to negotiate with an employee who is on a contract for 4 more years.

They decided to keep Koulibaly, pay him 11m gross yearly and he's not even starting material for them anymore. KK-Manolas make a terrible duo.

Signature

Last edited by Goodfella; Today at 15:10.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote