The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?
Maldoban 47 35.88%
Bobini 27 20.61%
Bobaldini 14 10.69%
Malbo 8 6.11%
M&B 35 26.72%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old Today, 20:35   #24341
Rhat
World Cup Winner

The future french CB pair Kound? Upamecano gonna kick some ass
Rhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:37   #24342
Hitchens
Associazione Circus Milan

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
When have we sold anyone we didn't want to since Elliott took over?
All the rigjt names are headed for the door.

Calabria next, then we move.

Signature
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:42   #24343
Balo45
AC Milan Legend

We should not undersell Leao. I think something telling of his ability is that Ibra seems to like him, he’s been around the block and played with incredible players. If we thinks Leao is worth taking under his wing, who are we as casual fans to doubt that.

I think it’s a myth also that Leao “has been decision making.” To me decision making is where you waste a good opportunity by taking an extra dribble, shooting too early, passing to the wrong man. Something Kessie used to a do a lot under Gattuso, always being in a dangerous area and wasting it. Leao doesn’t do those things for me. He has some smart assists, a few cool and composed goals. If anything, I think sometimes he gives the ball up too fast, I want him to dribble more and really cause some havoc on defenses more.

The issue I can see being a problem with him is really just drive, and from a playing position his movement off the ball. He seems similar to martial for me. Can beat any player at will off the dribble, good link up play, knows how to pass and get it back, good finishing skills, exceptional athleticism. But you have to run for the ball and find it. Martial would always wait for the ball to come to his feet, and leao does the same. He either needs to learn how to A) run in behind, take advantage of his speed and learn how to run onto the ball and stretch a back line or B) find the ball, meaning don’t wait for it, pick up the ball early in play development and create opportunities rather than wait for them.

There are examples of great players who don’t run often and don’t run a lot, Ibrahimovic being a prime example, but he knows how to find the ball in dangerous areas. I think what held Balotelli back at the top level was his lack of movement and inability to provide value if the ball isn’t being fed to his feet. It’s stupid to debate Leao against Mbappe or someone else, Mbappe is a transcendent talent and something above elite. But Leao can be a top player, he absolutely can be world class. He was a couple shots off the post away from having almost ten goals in his initial season despite being a sub and having two managers. Don’t undersell his talent
Balo45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:47   #24344
Hitchens

Fav. Players: Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho

Bye bye RR. Thanks for utter mediocrity. Defensively reliable but one of the most painful players to watch during banter era.

Signature
Old Today, 20:48   #24345
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Atletico and Leipzig will both play a boring tactical game.

Wrong
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:50   #24346
Hitchens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
We should not undersell Leao. I think something telling of his ability is that Ibra seems to like him, he?s been around the block and played with incredible players. If we thinks Leao is worth taking under his wing, who are we as casual fans to doubt that.

I think it?s a myth also that Leao ?has been decision making.? To me decision making is where you waste a good opportunity by taking an extra dribble, shooting too early, passing to the wrong man. Something Kessie used to a do a lot under Gattuso, always being in a dangerous area and wasting it. Leao doesn?t do those things for me. He has some smart assists, a few cool and composed goals. If anything, I think sometimes he gives the ball up too fast, I want him to dribble more and really cause some havoc on defenses more.

The issue I can see being a problem with him is really just drive, and from a playing position his movement off the ball. He seems similar to martial for me. Can beat any player at will off the dribble, good link up play, knows how to pass and get it back, good finishing skills, exceptional athleticism. But you have to run for the ball and find it. Martial would always wait for the ball to come to his feet, and leao does the same. He either needs to learn how to A) run in behind, take advantage of his speed and learn how to run onto the ball and stretch a back line or B) find the ball, meaning don?t wait for it, pick up the ball early in play development and create opportunities rather than wait for them.

There are examples of great players who don?t run often and don?t run a lot, Ibrahimovic being a prime example, but he knows how to find the ball in dangerous areas. I think what held Balotelli back at the top level was his lack of movement and inability to provide value if the ball isn?t being fed to his feet. It?s stupid to debate Leao against Mbappe or someone else, Mbappe is a transcendent talent and something above elite. But Leao can be a top player, he absolutely can be world class. He was a couple shots off the post away from having almost ten goals in his initial season despite being a sub and having two managers. Don?t undersell his talent
Good post as usual. Forza Leao, he's our diamond and the player I'm most looking forward to.

Signature
Old Today, 20:50   #24347
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

This upemecano is so good wtff.
The hype is real
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:51   #24348
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
We had a good chance to sign Carrasco but we did not use it.
did we really?

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:52   #24349
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

wth is this RB formation? 3-3-3-1, looks like an army one (not watching the game, just saw it on livescore)

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:53   #24350
Fabio
Cult Of SMS

Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Boateng, Honda, Huntelaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Slightly? Wtfff
Saelemaekers is trash
so is chiesa

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 20:55   #24351
Fabio
Cult Of SMS

Fav. Players: Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Boateng, Honda, Huntelaar

upamecano destroying atleticos whole attack on his own. Leipzig are dominating possesion but no end product.

Signature
Quote:
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Old Today, 20:57   #24352
Rhat
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
upamecano destroying atleticos whole attack on his own. Leipzig are dominating possesion but no end product.
Every Atletico game until they win 1-0
Rhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:07   #24353
Neo'82
Always On Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
This upemecano is so good wtff.
The hype is real
Neo'82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:09   #24354
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Ibra, Boateng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo'82 View Post
Damn he is legit gorgeous.

KujaIX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:12   #24355
Chiko
AC Milan Legend

Leipzig play fantastic football.

Damn only if we got Olmo.
Chiko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:12   #24356
Edu-bY-A
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post

Nobody knows if he would end up like Paqueta in Milano.
Edu-bY-A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:13   #24357
Fabio
Cult Of SMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhat View Post
Every Atletico game until they win 1-0
not this time lol, olmo 1-0

Signature
Quote:
I’m fan of Serie Borini.
Old Today, 21:13   #24358
Sognatore
superema man

Fav. Players: bosnian di marzio

Olmo will go far but it's okay

Actually I really don't know, I have barely even watched this match but I have a hunch

Signature

sempre only 100% italian music in locker room

Last edited by Sognatore; Today at 21:17.
Sognatore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:14   #24359
omer486
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko View Post

Leipzig are so fast at moving the ball forward. And so strong in pressing.

Olmo is good but there are many players of his level.
omer486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 21:15   #24360
Edu-bY-A
Primavera Player

Nagelsmann is a damn good coach. It is no wonder that Real already talked to him when Zidane left. However they agreed that it might be to early for him and they probably talk again in the future. He is 33.
Edu-bY-A is online now   Reply With Quote