Milan VS Roma

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It should be 4-1 because sheva have a 2 occassions to score another goals because he only face to face with the keeper... but too bad he waste it...

Anyway... still sheva is the man !!!! Forza MILAN !!! :devil:

DiaVoLo^

Primavera
Reaction score
Great.. We won!

Good match by Milan .. Now we have to keep it up against the small teams .. hehe....

The judge was bad.. to much overtime.. I got flashbacks from Romania - Denmark :rolleyes:

Whatever great match and another 3 points!

btw:
I hope Roma starts to loose more points.. ! They looked alittle weak and def missing a goal machine like Batigol! Totti was nothing .. hehe .. just looking for free kicks!

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Does anybody want to copy the tape for me and send it? I'll pay €5 per tape excl. transport payment. Also if you have the Inter 1-3 Milan tape, please!!! This sounds as our best game of the year. Let another fan enjoy it too! PLEASE! ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
I didn’t expect such a miraculous ending from a dreadful beginning … Roma looked as though they’re the ones who were going to lead, with a strike from Totti in the very first minutes that was fortunately blocked by Dida! A free kick from Roma’s captain failed to trick the keeper who easily grabbed it in his hands! Followed by more control of the ball from our rivals for about the first 10-15 minutes, a period which Ancelotti used to drain all Roma’s enthusiasm and will to earn an early lead. Milan started gathering their powers afterwards and bagan their attempts with Sheva upfront, a long pass from Pirlo reached to Il tsar’s legs who gave a very strong shot that went wide … Milan’s midfield controlled as Rino passed to Rui who gave a beautiful ankle to Kaka, he went through two defenders but his shot was distracted by Samuel and therefore easily saved by Pelizzoli … A mistake from Rino when Emerson snatched the ball from him to find itself with Carew, but Emerson couldn’t translate his shot to a goal. Another chance for Roma this time with Carew from the right side dribbling past Pancaro, Kaka and Il Capitano but a clever dive from him wasn’t clever enough to trick Paparesta who didn’t blow his whistle for neither a foul nor a penalty.

And as the minutes passed with both teams’ attempts, both teams’ fans waiting for a goal, Seedorf got the ball on the left side of the pitch, passed Mancini and gave a beautiful long cross that was lucky enough to find the best striker on the face of earth (At least in my opinion) waiting and ready in spite of the pressure from Chivu … He rested the ball on his shoulder and in a second moved his left leg over to touch the ball a genius touch and finally place it into the net! The joy was incredible with memories of the old days when Il tsar always conquered Roma and Milan were now facing the challenge of keeping the result or doubling it in the next minutes!
The hosts were in shock of Sheva’s shock, but still didn’t stop their attempts to reach Milan’s goal!! A free kick cross to Roma’s captain who made a strong shot yet once again saved by the keeper … The goal, however, didn’t stop Milan’s tries as Seedorf gave another beautiful cross that found Sheva on the right side, but his beautiful shot this time went just by the right bar unluckily!!
Corner kick for Roma, Cassano plays the ball to Totti and proceeds, Totti’s eyes search for Mancini who’s ready and waiting on the other side … And as Mancini responds to Totti’s cross with a header to Cassano, who doesn’t waste any second and places it into Milan’s net …
Honestly, I don’t think that Roma deserved this goal because the referee had only given 3 minutes as extra time and when Roma played the corner kick it was already 3 minutes and ten seconds!! He should’ve blown the whistle because with extra time 3 minutes are 3 minutes, no more or less :o

Anyway, the first half was over with a draw, for us it was like starting from zero all over again! But Milan started the second half with a good spirit as well in spite of a sudden equalizer which wasn’t what we were hoping for … I think Cafu and Pancaro played vital roles in yesterday’s victory! Cafu on the right side creating many many chances for the team and a lot of you may not notice or claim that he’s aged or so, but he’s really making the difference on our right wing as many attempts start from there! Not to mention all the silly whistling that was completely ignored by him simply because he’s a champion and he wouldn’t be falling for theses things!
Pancaro on the other hand stopped the engine of a machine called “Mancini”!! I was terribly afraid of this guy and he did have a touch in their goal, but through the match he was truly paralyzed by Pancaro’s experience! Thank you wingers, a super red and black job!
Now we go back to the midfield with the Rossoneri knights, Kaka, Pirlo and Rui who grasped the ball from the Roman midfield as Rui made an incredible run for about 50 meters to throw Panucci with a dribble and pass the ball once again to the man who shut all the big Roman mouths including the big mouth of their Captain!! Sheva didn’t let his fans down although his positioning was somewhat difficult for scoring, but the ball of course is helpless as everyone else is against the Ukrainians charm and has no choice but to rest inside the net :D
Yes we were in the Olympico, but in that moment you can hear nothing but the chant of the Rossoneri fans singing “Non e Brasiliano peroooo Shevaaaaaa, Shevaaaaaaaa”!!! You can see nothing but the red and black flags that said we are powerful enough even to defeat the leaders in their own stadium!

Only a few minutes after the goal Roma had a dangerous chance from a corner but Cassano’s header went just above the bar (Thank God :tongue: )!
Now the killing chance was when Dida, for some reason, came forward to clear the ball but he was apparently “too” daring as Cassano’s shot was directed to a “keeperless” net!! However, Billy’s strong determination gave him the strength to somehow miraculously clear the ball when it was like one inch away of going in!! Seriously my heart was about to stop at that moment, thank you a million times Billy, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
A few minutes later Kaka gave a wonderful long pass again to Sheva who was alone for the third time with the keeper but very unfortunately couldn’t score his first hattrick!! Arrghhh how I wanted the ball to go in, to celebrate another hattrick in the Olympico like his first season!! The shot actually from the close angle looked quite strange and I couldn’t believe that Sheva would even kick the ball like that, but the thing was that the ball touched Pelizzoli’s hands and the corner wasn’t given to us! Also it was the reason why Sheva was talking to the linesmen right after the chance!!
Our substitutions were with Seedorf out for Redondo and Rui Costa for Brocchi … Carletto wanted to cover up a little but that didn’t mean we didn’t continue on attacking!! In fact Seedorf had a killing chance as he was alone with the keeper but he preferred passing the ball to Sheva and it was blocked by the defender!! There was also a doubtful penalty looking chance for Kaka by the way and the replay was shown as well but anyway I’m too thankful to mumble about it :D

Hmmm, what more can I say except to admire the way we played, the way HE played! Truly, I believe that no one, absolutely no once (except Van Basten) can do what Sheva does to us! No one can humiliate Roma like that even tough they’ve got the strongest defense so far! But that all doesn’t stop him or doesn’t even matter I’d say!
This is magic, beauty, simplicity and above all modesty, this is what I call ANDRIY SHEVCHENKO
icon27.gif

FORZA MILAN!!!
icon27.gif

FORZA SHEVAAAAAAA!!!
icon27.gif

Reaction score
:D WooHHoooooo!!!!! Forza Milan!!! Forza!!! :D

What a crucial win we must admit... It must be depressing for Roma aas they played and lost to a team that's ageing... Hehehe... ;) Imagine the average age (for first XII) of the Milan team was 29 while the Roma teams average as was 25... :eek:

Much more embarassing was that for Milan's defence line all of them was aged more than 30 while the Roma's attacking line was aged less than 26... And to make it much more embarassing the most youngest player on the pitch (Cassano) was put under pressure most of the time and even denied a goal by the oldest player on the pitch (Costacurta)... Now that's something we Milanese have to smile about :D

But, if we were to look into the game, it could be said as the most thrilling match of the season so far as both side produced great football and there was no stupid incidents by the two teams, olny Kaka was yellow carded... Whatever it is, there is only one thing that we should know and remember ---

!!!!!MILAN WON!!!!!

Here are the ages for the players along with their formation and my rating for the players (only for first XII, sorry for inconvenience):

{ NAME (age,rating) }

MILAN
-------

----------------------------------DIDA (29,7.5)---------------------------------
- CAFU (33,7) --- COSTA (37,8) --- MALDINI (35,7.5) --- PCARO (32,7) -
------ SEEDORF (27,8) ----- GATTUSO (25,7.5) ----- PIRLO (24,7.5) ------
------------------ KAKA (21,8.5) ------- RUI COSTA (31,8) ------------------
------------------------------ SHEVCHENKO (26,9.5) ------------------------

ROMA
-------

------------------------------- PELIZZOLI (29,2) -------------------------------
--------- PANUCCI (30,2) ----- SAMUEL (25,2) ----- CHIVU (22,2) ---------
- MANCINI (23,2) -- EMERSON (27,2) - DACOURT (28,2) -- LIMA (32,2) -
-------------------------------- TOTTI (26,2) ----------------------------------
--------------- CASSANO (21,2) ----------- CAREW (24,2) -------------------

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MILANALIMILANALIMILANALIMILANALIMILANALIMILANALIMILANALIMILAN

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
I can't find words how I'm happy for this victory.
I watched the game on TV and we played spectacular football...

Now we also have to defeat Roma in Coppa!
FORZA SHEVA 14!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep was a great game! Grrrr missed the first 25 minutes which included Shevas goal. (Nice movement and finish)

What i don't understand is why Seedorf and Rui Costa get quite a bit of criticism on this forum they both looked very accomplished last night.

Liking Rino as always his drive for the team although could of been slightly blamed for Cassano's goal.

But that don't matter cos it was

2-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yay!

DIAVOLETTA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta , Sheva, Pippo , Kaka, Maldini...... to put this shorter, all Milan players
I can really say that this was a fantascic match, no coments. Before the match I was very afraid because Nesta , Pippo , Ambrosini , Tomasson were injured and Kaladze couldn't play because of the red card. In the begining of the match Roma started to attack, but soon our defence has find the way how to stop them. Seeorf's pass to Sheva was so precise and thanks God Sheva has scored that beautiful goal. Milan played with only one attacker and with 5 midlefilders, witch I think it is very good, because there were no holes, we didn't left space to the roma's players so they couldn't find the way how to go through our midlefielders. Yesterday we were making a big pressure on the ball, and with clean starts we were wining the ball. I was very upset after the cassano's goal because that guy always scores in the last seconds, acctualy in the Italian show Domenica Sportiva they said that Cassano's goal was 8 seconds after the additional time. We were truly better than Roma and we only confirmed it with sheva' s second goal. Our players were just playing like a true team, group. Our defence was doing fine, they were some mistakes but there was always Dida who was prepared for any kind of dangerous shout. Rui was excellent with his passes in the second half, he even had one chance to score. Kaka was better in the first half when he was breaking through the left side. Seedorf was,suprising, doing excellent, with his great passes. We also had some big chances to score more, but I am happy with this result. We really deserved to win, even that we had so many injured players but we were really preparing for this match. In this game I have seen the Milan that I want to see always. Only thing we need to do right now is be sure that the "small" teams won't trick us again. :devil2:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
mad4milan said:
btw, I am the only one who thinks that Domenica Sportiva totally blows this year?

Stef.....I agree. I don't know if you have access to Rai Intl', but they seem to do a much better job. ;)

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
well i just downloaded the goal vid's..

Sheva is a revelation... it seems he can score from anywhere, any foot, any time.. his first goal showed awesome composure and technical control... just marvelous :D

i liked his second the best - a simple but clinical piece of evasive footwork from Costya, a simple thru-pass to Sheva, control then left foot blast into the corner while under threat from Samuel.. i enjoyed most his celebration - the hands cupped behind the ears - like what Juan Roman Riquelme used (and still does, i think) do.. :cool:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
i liked his second the best - a simple but clinical piece of evasive footwork from Costya, a simple thru-pass to Sheva, control then left foot blast into the corner while under threat from Samuel.. i enjoyed most his celebration- the hands cupped behind the ears - like what Juan Roman Riquelme used (and still does, i think) do.. :cool:

It reminded me so much of a cheap imitation of Bobo who did that all the time too (until he decided not to celebrate anymore), hope Sheva will be more original next time cos really... a lame copycat celebration just doesn't match his outstanding goals... ;) :D

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
the first one to do that (in italy at least) was del vecchio many years back when he had a lil crisis with his then current roma coach ... it was a provocative gesture ... as if to say: 'let me hear what u have to say now ... i'm boss'
that's not sheva's usual celebration ... it may have been directed to romanisti who had been a real pain in the ass (as usual) until then, especially with all the booing against cafù

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
i liked his second the best - a simple but clinical piece of evasive footwork from Costya, a simple thru-pass to Sheva, control then left foot blast into the corner while under threat from Samuel..

I dun think so ;) I always thought the goal was coming the moment Rui slipped the ball to Sheva's feet. He's got so much space and time to pick his spot and take his aim that Samuel was just making a futile attempt to block his shot.

reenpmaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PAOLO MALDINI
Yeahhhhhh!We WON!!!
To be honest, I was quite scared in the first few minutes of the game as Roma looked really deadly....Milan hardly got into Roma's half in the first few mins of the game.However, clearly, the better side took control! :D
And I have to agree with Juninho-Paulista....I love the second goal....very nice run from Rui(as always!) :devil2:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Passion for *9* said:
It reminded me so much of a cheap imitation of Bobo who did that all the time too (until he decided not to celebrate anymore), hope Sheva will be more original next time cos really... a lame copycat celebration just doesn't match his outstanding goals... ;) :D

Didn't find anything to critisize this time so just put it out on the celebration, eh? ;)
Like Juninho, I found it absolutely cute, just like everything else he does is cute :tongue:

:D

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
well kyara the only critic I have is for rui in the first half... he was playing like it was the end of the game... but in the second half he shut up my mouth... I hope he and kaka continue playing together like in hte second half... MAGIC IN THE BOX... that is my word for what I saw in the match... thanks to rui, sheva, kaka and seedorf... and A IMPECCABLE DEFENSE... thanks to everybody work... not only to our worldclass defender, to our world class team too... all making a spectacular work...

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
Ancelottis system, 2 off. mf and 1 striker:
-------------------Dida----------------------
Cafu---Maldini----Costacurta---Pancaro
---------------Pirlo-------------------------
Gattuso--------------------------Seedorf
---------Rui Costa--------Kaka-----------
--------------Shevchenko-----------------
this definetly goes well, esepcially if Kaladze back as left full back for Pancaro, Pirlo like playmaker between def. & offense, thank god for his passing ability, with this formation Milan has one of the strongest midfields in European soccer, but only 1 striker, Sheva scored twice as lonely striker with support from offenisve midfield, Kaka & R-Costa, also if Pippo back Ancelotti maybe has to change this formation and let the old system play with Pippo and Sheva up front, and only 1 off.

This formation rules. MILAN should play only 1 striker upfront with RUI and KAKA in the midfield. I have seen MILAN playing a lot of meaningless long balls to the strikers when they are playing with two strikers. But amazingly, yesterday there was not even a single long ball from the midfield dished out of desparation/frustration liked they did in most of the SERIE A matches this year when looking for a late goal.

Needless to say that SHEVA would be the first choice for this position upfront as a single striker and second choice would be shared between JDT/INZAGHI.

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
In some matches with 2 strikers we had all the control and make a good performance... but some others two striker was not the solution... we were loosing one important player in the mid for put one striker that almost never made a small touch of the ball... so this time we fix that bug... thanks to the injuries ancelloti made a formation with one striker and two mid-attack players like kaka and rui... and of course everybody who saw the game knows that we were giving a dance party to roma's mid... we control the ball with so magic... I know that if we had played this formation in intercontinental cup we were the WC... but it's ok past is past... now we can be WC again so fix our mistakes... and hope that ancelloti put the good formation for each game... sometimes 2 strikers are ok sometimes no... :devil:

Reaction score
Oh Dear :(

This formation going to cause a few problems isn't it.

But isn't it true that Pippo is out for a month? So surely the formation can be given another go?

I loved the formation since Roma's midfield was totally outplayed and i only see there being one drawback.

What if Sheva doesn't recieve the service he got against Roma? Yes he is a brilliant player but funnily enough he does need 10 other out there to help do the dirty work.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I doubt that Pippo can play as a lone striker...JDT and Sheva have dribbling skills and can do things on their own, while Pippo aint that type...

Btw; Where is DIBA now?!?!? :D :D :D
Here's my christmas-gift for DIBA and all Romanistas:

Roma - GRANDE MILAN 1 - 2 Sheva x 2 !!!!!

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gattusofan said:
What if Sheva doesn't recieve the service he got against Roma? Yes he is a brilliant player but funnily enough he does need 10 other out there to help do the dirty work.

Sheva is always helping in the recovery work so you can not say that... if you saw the game rember the good pass he made to kaka when he missed the goal for a samuel touch... kaka could score if wasn't for samuel...

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Frankly..the only reason why we played with a lone Sheva upfront was because of the injuries to Pippo and JDT..kind of ironic how in football you want to avoid injuries but in this case it turned out well for us...

And anyway..i believe this strategy of playing Rui and Kaka behind Sheva is great when employed against the bigger teams..midfield control is important and in this case..we owned the midfield...

I remember the match against Udine and we always lost the ball in midfield..loose balls were hardly picked up by our players and that proved difficult for us...

The 4-3-2-1..is great..perhaps we should employ it in Europe..it is knock-out from here on...

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
juninho-paulista said:
i liked his second the best - a simple but clinical piece of evasive footwork from Costya, a simple thru-pass to Sheva, control then left foot blast into the corner while under threat from Samuel.. i enjoyed most his celebration- the hands cupped behind the ears - like what Juan Roman Riquelme used (and still does, i think) do.. :cool:

LOL! i think i liked the celebrations such as the CL final where Sheva is just ecstatic almost like his face is going to break because he is beaming or something hahaha

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Well i just read yesterdays paper today (yes, i am lazy) and noticed that for the first time, there was an article ON MILAN!! (the game against Roma)

It occured to me that we must have played the best game for a long time, considering Milan never get this much exposure (a whole article!) in an Australian paper. It was about Shevas brilliance mostly but mentioned the wonderkid (Kaka) and Seedorf and how well they played..

For once there was no sight of Real Madrid or Manchester United!!! and there was only 4 lines on Juve's "scrappy" match against Perugia!!

Perhaps the Australian press (that in the past have never considered Milan as an elite alongside Real, ManUtd and Juvents) have finally realised that Milan are Europe's best for a reason!!

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Here in Singapore i'm a bit more fortunate..in addition to full coverage of the Serie A..which means almost always a live Serie A match where Milan plays..and CL live matches..we have newspapers that do feature Italian football and Milan once in awhile..especially for big games...

Though..i must curse those idiot EPL fanatic editors and dumb Beckham enthusiasts..the real estate occupied by these in newspaper sports sections are ridiculously large!

Reaction score
warmth said:
gattusofan said:

Sheva is always helping in the recovery work so you can not say that... if you saw the game rember the good pass he made to kaka when he missed the goal for a samuel touch... kaka could score if wasn't for samuel...

I didn't once say that that Sheva doesn't help out in other areas but for the formation of 4-3-2-1 to work you need to have alot of service from your midfielders same with any formation that involves a lone striker. But Sheva defiantely fits the bill perfectly. With good dribbling and clinical finishing.

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Sorry Roma babys. but we had to stop you.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Velez Mostar said:
I doubt that Pippo can play as a lone striker...JDT and Sheva have dribbling skills and can do things on their own, while Pippo aint that type...

Absolutely right. Plus, PIPPO is not physically strong enough to play as a lone striker upfront.

With 1 striker upfront, the first choice would be SHEVA, second would be JDT and the third would be PIPPO.

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
juninho-paulista said:
Well i just read yesterdays paper today (yes, i am lazy) and noticed that for the first time, there was an article ON MILAN!! (the game against Roma)

It occured to me that we must have played the best game for a long time, considering Milan never get this much exposure (a whole article!) in an Australian paper. It was about Shevas brilliance mostly but mentioned the wonderkid (Kaka) and Seedorf and how well they played..

For once there was no sight of Real Madrid or Manchester United!!! and there was only 4 lines on Juve's "scrappy" match against Perugia!!

Perhaps the Australian press (that in the past have never considered Milan as an elite alongside Real, ManUtd and Juvents) have finally realised that Milan are Europe's best for a reason!!

Thats great news :eek: i mean if we get any soccer articles its usually something on the premiership or "becksmania" grrrrrr

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Forget Roma and look Forward>>>

Schedule