Nigel de Jong Thread

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lol Rodwell has shitloads of experience as he was very important for Everton, a subtopper in the PL, and always starting when fit.
Unproven at the highest level.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
the reason we didn;t' sign witsel wasn't 1 bad game. It was finivest fine.

we ended up w/ a loan aquilani and nocerino for 500k. It's not like we spent 8-10 mil on another player.

An ex of bad scouting would be something like...signing huntelaar for 15 mil, when we could have got fabiano for same.

True though as I recall Sevilla didnt want to budge off their 20 mill evaluation. Still think Hunter was never given a proper setup to succeed but yes poor scouting as he didnt fit to how the team was setup at the time. Galliani was being cheap even though it could also be argued that Fabiano disappeared after that season as well.

We also ended up with Ibra so that was that.

I am glad we never signed Witsel, I fail to see what is special about his game.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
We told all the media we Braida would be at the game to pass final judgement on him, so he knew pressure was on to perform.

He fucked up.

He didn't fuck up. Galliani played this situation out so Braida can get blamed and not our managment.

Galliani didn't have the 8mil from the first time. We only had 1 mil for aqua + noce.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Nigel de Jong...2012...rijkaard..????? :eek:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
647256336.jpg
647256455.jpg

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Moooove thread!!!

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ireland, Robinho, Benarbia, Goater, Kinky
From Man City forum:

I sense a trend - match going Blues (who can see what is going on off the ball as well as on it) tend to have a high regard for Nigel, whereas tv and play station fans seem to think he is not good enough - if you go to games and watch what Nigel does, on and off the ball, tracking runs etc I think you see more than on the telly

Very interesting post.

Same as Gareth Barry to be honest. Can always tell if a fan goes to City games by how highly he rates Barry....same with De Jong.

De Jong is a great signing for you for 3.5m. I'd have much rather we kept him and lose him on a free next season. He's a much better player than people generally think he is. And i don't ever remember him being suspended or really injured at City either so despite him being labelled as aggressive, you'll get plenty out of him. Absolutely brilliant signing for you.

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
no doubt, passes on pastore/jovetic/witsel who would have made up a WC milan atm and signs a player who has 1 year left for 3.5.

amazing galliani! no one could ever pull this off.

sauce?

He didn't, he just wanted a new contract and his agent thought he was worth a lot more than City did. He wanted parity with the top earners, and while De Jong is a quality player, he doesn't fit into the style of our play all that often anymore, so while he's probably worth the big wages he asked for (n football terms, not in the real world), it didn't make sense for us to double his wages for him to spend 25 games a season on the bench. Still gutted though. Big fan favourite and a little hard bastard.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He didn't, he just wanted a new contract and his agent thought he was worth a lot more than City did. He wanted parity with the top earners, and while De Jong is a quality player, he doesn't fit into the style of our play all that often anymore, so while he's probably worth the big wages he asked for (n football terms, not in the real world), it didn't make sense for us to double his wages for him to spend 25 games a season on the bench. Still gutted though. Big fan favourite and a little hard bastard.

How much he wanted to make in City?

If news are to be trusted he signed in Milan for 2.5M + bonuses

knockout ned

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How much he wanted to make in City?

If news are to be trusted he signed in Milan for 2.5M + bonuses

I don't know, i'd guess somewhere around £100k p/w, maybe slightly more. Total guess work though, as will his projected contract with Milan i would imagine.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I don't know, i'd guess somewhere around £100k p/w, maybe slightly more. Total guess work though, as will his projected contract with Milan i would imagine.

he'll make half of that here....:D

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score

A little different to other compilations, without nasty tackles :D
De Jooooong :proud:

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Same as Gareth Barry to be honest. Can always tell if a fan goes to City games by how highly he rates Barry....same with De Jong.

That can be said for most dirty work/nonspectacular cm's who plug gaps.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Just to remind everyone

NIGEL KARATE DE JONG

De_Jong_Alonso.jpg

This guy can frighten Mark van Boss. That's how dangerous he is.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
very content with this signing. it is a bit hard to believe that it happened. and for such a steal. Welcome Nigel.]

edit: i think the above does not express my joy enough

wqoefiwenfgoiwrngoiwrngvoiwernbioenboietnbpioetmbpoetjmbpienmboienboi
nfdbosfnbuifsvdbnvjzdkcbvjhcbvjhsbvjhbvxklvbsihgiueohgiuowerqghvbifusdnbdoufnbudoinbiunbiudsfnbiudnsbiudsnbuidnsbfnuidsnbdifunbuidsnbiudsnbu
idfnbiudfnbuidfnbuifsdnbisudfnbidufsnbiuwbvuybwvoyfbipauonasfojbnxvlkpodkmbpienboiudnsb9pniuBVADN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give him # 4

Last edited:

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
i recommend this guy to forum about 1 years ago. and everyone mocking at me. and now every one of you begging de jong comes to milan...

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
^^ be ready for more. :g:

Schedule