Nigel de Jong Thread

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
cant edit that from my phone;its for ikita btw!

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
i recommend this guy to forum about 1 years ago. and everyone mocking at me. and now every one of you begging de jong comes to milan...

Because we are poor and cant afford who we really want.

"Beggar cant be chooser"

milan's jedi

col Milan nel cuore
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Ibrahimović
What a capture!! Next one please... :thumbsup: attacking midfield or CD perhaps ! Forza
ac68bccb39f93409ce4c0b69cd547654-68996-1346362833.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
How can people not want De Jong?

There are not many better than him at what he does...

He is with Mascherano and buddies.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
very content with this signing. it is a bit hard to believe that it happened. and for such a steal. Welcome Nigel.]

edit: i think the above does not express my joy enough

wqoefiwenfgoiwrngoiwrngvoiwernbioenboietnbpioetmbpoetjmbpienmboienboi
nfdbosfnbuifsvdbnvjzdkcbvjhcbvjhsbvjhbvxklvbsihgiueohgiuowerqghvbifusdnbdoufnbudoinbiunbiudsfnbiudnsbiudsnbuidnsbfnuidsnbdifunbuidsnbiudsnbu
idfnbiudfnbuidfnbuifsdnbisudfnbidufsnbiuwbvuybwvoyfbipauonasfojbnxvlkpodkmbpienboiudnsb9pniuBVADN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give him # 4

Muntari has #4

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I think that this is a very astute signing for our current situation. He is not an anchor, so that we're shifting to a 4-3-3 is very promising. Tactically, I'm not sure what Allegri is going to do so it should be interesting.

I can see him playing De Jong in the Gattuso RCM role which allows Montolivo and Nocerino to play more to their natural strengths. Conversely, he could also play in the center midfield role as a destroyer which will let the fullbacks and other central midfielders press more. I can only hope that this arrival triggers some player movement the other direction as well. We are close to a dangerous number of midfielders.

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
I think that this is a very astute signing for our current situation. He is not an anchor, so that we're shifting to a 4-3-3 is very promising. Tactically, I'm not sure what Allegri is going to do so it should be interesting.

I can see him playing De Jong in the Gattuso RCM role which allows Montolivo and Nocerino to play more to their natural strengths. Conversely, he could also play in the center midfield role as a destroyer which will let the fullbacks and other central midfielders press more. I can only hope that this arrival triggers some player movement the other direction as well. We are close to a dangerous number of midfielders.

I agree but out of our mids, Ambro-Boa-Urby-Noce arent going anywhere, flams-muntari resigned, de jong-montolivo-constant-traoré just arrived. The only mid i could see us getting rid of is rodney .

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i recommend this guy to forum about 1 years ago. and everyone mocking at me. and now every one of you begging de jong comes to milan...

wow, this has to be the most pathetic post ever.

1. a DM wasn't what our midfield/squad was lacking a year ago
2. we need a quality anchor more than we need a destroyer
3. De Jong isn't the best "destroyer" or DM out there

Not that I dont love this signing. It's an unbelievably great deal if we got him for €3.5M(or £?) and gave him a 3 year contract with a €2.5m wage.

Still I'd prefer a quality anchor or even another ball-playing CM. We still lack creativity in the midfield, we're still screwed without Montolivo and we still lack a quality CAM to use 4-2-3-1 with a Monto-DeJong CDM duo.

And this also proves how pointless the signing of Constant was, not to mention Traore. We signed Constant to replace injured Muntari. How about replacing him with a DM??
I like Constant and think he is more promising than Nocerino, but it didn't make sense to get him, especially if the plans were to have a 25 man squad.

Fucking Nocerino..Galliani seem to believe we now have a great midfield.:lol: Allegri is getting fired if we dont finish 2nd or 1st it seems.

Last edited:

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
How can people not want De Jong?

There are not many better than him at what he does...

He is with Mascherano and buddies.

i see Fellaini can be World Class Anchor. And would perfectly fit into milan system.

but again, his price is crazy. only City/Madrid can afford that money.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
wow, this has to be the most pathetic post ever.

2. we need a quality anchor more than we need a destroyer
3. De Jong isn't the best "destroyer" or DM out there

Not that I dont love this signing. It's an unbelievably great deal if we got him for €3.5M(or £?) and gave him a 3 year contract with a €2.5m wage.

Still I'd prefer a quality anchor or even another ball-playing CM. We still lack creativity in the midfield, we're still screwed without Montolivo and we still lack a quality CAM to use 4-2-3-1 with a Monto-DeJong CDM duo.

And this also proves how pointless the signing of Constant was, not to mention Traore. We signed Constant to replace injured Muntari. How about replacing him with a DM??
I like Constant and think he is more promising than Nocerino, but it didn't make sense to get him, especially if the plans were to have a 25 man squad.

Fucking Nocerino..Galliani seem to believe we now have a great midfield.:lol: Allegri is getting fired if we dont finish 2nd or 1st it seems.

yes we did.
and who's our DM last season? Aging MVB? Aging Gattuso? Injured Flamini? Useless Nocerino? Alien Strasser?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i see Fellaini can be World Class Anchor. And would perfectly fit into milan system.

but again, his price is crazy. only City/Madrid can afford that money.

Fellaini is way too good when going forward to just sit back à la Van Bommel and I wouldn't call him a WC anchor either.

He would and should be a mezzalla in our 4-3-1-2.

yes we did.
and who's our DM last season? Aging MVB? Aging Gattuso? Injured Flamini? Useless Nocerino? Alien Strasser?

Our midfield needed another playmaker much more than it needed another destroyer.
MVB did fine and Gattuso hadn't gotten injured yet. Even with Gattuso injured, we still lacked another creative player more than we did a DM.
We needed Montolivo much more than we needed De Jong.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
haha!!!! Wonder buy by Gallinai!!!! great ever
Nigel De Jong and City’s transfer dealings- What is going on?
The sale of Nigel De Jong is an extremely strange one. Widely regarded as one of the world’s best defensive midfielders, Manchester City are letting the Dutchman leave City for a measly £3.5m to AC Milan. Hardly a good return on for a player in his prime, especially compared to the price he was bought for – £18m.

Nevertheless, Manchester City’s loss is AC Milan’s gain. A domineering defensive midfielder, De Jong is known for a hard tackle and his ability to throttle and dominate the midfield. In fact, despite his “dirty player” reputation, Nigel De Jong has only been sent off once in his career, in the Europa League for Hamburg – for dissent.

This shows a sensible player, one who can be relied on and for £3.5m AC Milan have the bargain of the summer. De Jong is improving Milan’s midfield and is someone who can more than live up to the legacy of Gennaro Gattuso before him.

So who will City replace him with? Victor Wanyama of Celtic; Javi Garcia of Benfica and Daniele De Rossi of Roma have all been touted as De Jong’s successor and time will tell (1 day in fact) whom City will sign to replace him.
http://www.o-posts.net/news/teams/u...=Feed:+O-posts-news+(O-Posts+-+Football+News)

Corzioli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Sheva, Ricky, Messi, Iniesta, Harry Redknapp, Sanosuke Sagara, Chris Redfield.
:gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: gt: :gt: :gt: :gt: :gt:

Funny how Sage's been quiet lately haha

G's been in this biznis longer than some here have lived...myself included. :star:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Finally a good buy this summer.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez

yes we did.

The only reason we actually can buy De Jong despite our financial situation is that he isnt the first choice for ManC for this season and his contract ends next year. Therefor we can get him really cheap at the moment.

Last year De Jong would have cost us 15-20M.

Also we had less need for De Jong last year because we allready had MVB in that position and neither of them are back up material.

Last edited:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
He chose nr 34.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm gutted:lol:

Very excited about De Jong signing.In fact so exciting that he is gonna be first player in my favorite players list.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Finally a good buy this summer.

Monty , Zapata are good buys too .. (both were there in half the forums dream team couple of years back).

Bojan, Acerbi, Constant are good role players for bench depth and will help us this season.

Our summer buys r not bad .. We need 2-3 quality players more ..

(Traore and Pazzini buys should have been better)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WELCOME NIGEL!!!

Nigel De Jong, much to the satisfaction of the Milan faithful, is now one of our players. Milan is now ready for the 2012/2013 season. With 61 appearances for the Dutch national side, De Jong, a member of the side that finished second to Spain in South Africa, is an established international.

MILAN- After a dramatic summer transfer window with various ups and downs, Nigel De Jong now makes some sense of the club’s transfer strategy. With the midfielder, fresh from winning the Premier League title in England and not yet 28 years old, Milan is all set to play ball and to challenge once again for the title.

An important sign for the team, the fans and all observers was the operation finally brought to a close by the club. The arrival of De Jong gives a precise profile to the team’s engine room, the lungs of the side: the midfield.

Ahead of Milan Champions League commitments as well as Serie A and Tim cup matches, Milan now look the part. Young, compact and determined are the words that best describe this squad.

With De Jong, Montolivio and Constant in the middle, Pazzini, Bojan, and Niang up front as well as Acerbi and Zapata at the back, not forgetting Gabriel between the posts, the Rossoneri look to have done their transfer business well over the summer.

Nigel De Jong was born on 30 November 1984 and played against Milan twice with Ajax in the Champions League of 2002/2003 as well as during the 2003/2004 campaign as one of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s team mates. Nigel went on to play for Hamburg and Manchester City and so far has 6 titles to his name; three from Ajax and as many from Manchester City: 1 Dutch League title, 1 Cup win and 1 Dutch Super cup as well as 1 Premier League title, 1 FA Cup and the Community Shield with the reigning English champions. He arrives in Milan with a league winner’s medal after making 21 appearances for City in the last campaign. In total, he has 344 appearances in his career to date with 21 goals.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/143115

Announcement kind of closes the transfer window.

And welcome Nigel!

Blade of Faith

A New Hope
Reaction score
It took 6 years 8 months and 8 days to make this transfer happened.
Anybody know the better records?

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Is there many better DMs than this guy ? I honestly doubt it.
He is definitely world class @ 27 years old & the price is a steal.
Thank you G&B & now Bojan seems like a great deal also.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Nice to see BIG names in here!

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Awesome signing :star: Welcome Nigel!

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Is there many better DMs than this guy ? I honestly doubt it.
He is definitely world class @ 27 years old & the price is a steal.
Thank you G&B & now Bojan seems like a great deal also.

yeah. in my opinion, he is world class defender Midfielder now. Milan really need high profile as him to motivate other player!!! what's a buy by Galliani. !!!! great!!! 3,5 m euro + 3 wage!!!! great deal!!!

Last edited:

Regy22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Rino, Janku
Brilliant signing for the price paid. He likes a tackle and won't back out of anything. Will be a real midfield general like Gattuso. Excellent signing.

Schedule