Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
re Skip; of course hes going to use individual ability when he compares individual players... Thats also what media do, sensationalize stuff. But many say hes an idiot and doesnt have a clue about basketball, which is not true...

like i said

he used to write for my local paper a long w/ LA times and chicago tribune

he's not that knowledgeable

but it bugsm e more he goes for sensationalist SHOCK value than trying to break down a game.

Gimme Barkley, Kenny smith (who i dont particularly agree with all the time) and others who try to break down game, right or wrong... than scream and try to basically embarass someone with false facts.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
strip kobe of those five rings .. shaq will be an angry man :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I dont think Duncan is doping .. well duncan never jumps so but he is so slick damn

That said that curry dude is playing as an elite PG

I feel so bad for parker he doesnt get any attention .. manu and timmeh dont give a fuck but parker is playing lights out

Well wouldnt have been bad if he married Eva and went to a big city

Parker is playing out of his mind. At the moment I can't decide who deserves first team all-nba him or paul. Parker is leading best team atm... but you saw clippers when Paul missed like 5-10 games. Worthless team

Curry.... dude my own media (local) still hates on him. so annoying

saying he's not a 'pure pg'

Yeah he's not.... doesn't mean he's not a PG and playing at an elite level.

There's more than 1 way to play. He's a good passer, but he's an elite hsooter..... do you want him to shoot less cause he's playing 'pg'?

What we need (warriors) is to add another playermaker. All good teams have dual playmakers. That's why Jack has been SO VITAL for us. In reality is we hadda got Harden. Curry Harden oh man. Idiot managemnt

manu/parker

lebron/wade

mj/jordan

heck duncan's a playmaker... just outta the post.

Lakers had it w/ kobe/odom/pau or kobe/shaq always refined with say fisher, who could pass but was very limited.

If you were to ask me....

3 playmakers who have best understanding of when to shoot or pass..... it's parker, paul and lebron.

You have ot take open looks when you get them and be a threat on offense to open up passing lanes otherwise you're too predictable like Rondo was this year

He is right whenever a player recaptures his peak in mid 30s there is a high chance it might be doping or some shit. LOL NBA none of the players are caught doping :lol:

its a ridiculous stat

I am not saying that about kobe .. dude works hard and eats salamon everyday(ask shaq)

I am sure if somebody can do it, its kobe

but I am sure lot of people breaks the law

I'm not saying he even broke law

i'm saying theirs no regulation on it.... so it's interesting. Like if NBA does nothing long term...

what does it mean, guys playing till 45 cause they get procedures done which make em feel younger?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Parkers stats are only little better than last year :D

he has been out of his mind for last two years, even spurs fans love manu and duncan more ... they need to trust parker like pop does .. its tonys team . we live and dive with those floaters

Parker couldnt shoot for shit when he came now he is kind of like a high quality shooter who roams around and feeds off the gunners, its just his subs are baaaad, defensive ratings of neal, nando and patty are horrible.. without parker we aint going anywhere with manu in a bad bad shape.

national media is out of their mind when it comes to PG .. ooh its cliff paul .. he is a better player but for last two years parker is balling so hard and then there is curry hype all around. I just wish manu is healthy and green is ready to shoot

Worst team in rebounding :fp: our bigs except dunan are waste of space .. splitter is like a playmaker he cant beat the board consistently he and duncan makes the spacing horrible but he has been better than last year pretty sure its because of high FT% and confidence. baynes is naive and average but high motor and puts a big screen, russel westbrook have to drive another mile to go across that big man. Red mamba has been waste

Dunan is injured and limited .. Parker is dragging this team all along with the wing defense and athleticsm of kawhi and green

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

4. Kevin Garnett (Celtics), 3 years, $36 million
3. Tim Duncan (Spurs): 3 years, $30.4 million

:star: my guys
You know what's amazing about these guys other than the stuff you already knew was amazing? It's Year 18 for Garnett and Year 16 for Duncan, although Duncan is older by 3.5 weeks (they're both 36). Including playoffs, they've logged over 100,000 minutes combined already. They played 40 minutes a night at their peaks; now they play 30 minutes a night. But check out their per-36-minute numbers for this season and their careers as a whole.

Duncan, 2013: 20.3 PPG, 11.7 RPG, 3.2 APG, 4.2 SBPG,7 49% FG, 81% FT, 23.8 PER
Duncan, career: 20.6 PPG, 11.5 RPG, 3.1 APG, 3.1 SBPG , 51% FG, 69% FT, 24.7 PER
Garnett, 2013: 17.9 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 2.7 APG, 2.5 SBPG, 50% FG, 78% FT, 19.4 PER
Garnett, career: 19.0 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 3.9 APG, 2.8 SBPG, 50% FG, 79% FT, 23.2 PER

Isn't that crazy? They're playing 25 percent less, but with little to no difference in per-minute efficiency and no real signs of decline. Even better, they took hometown discounts so their teams could build around them a little more easily. You know, like what Kobe did with the Lakers — only the exact opposite.

I laughed so hard :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah curry, noah and parson :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2. Tony Parker (Spurs): 3 years, $37.5 million
I'm a humongous Parker fan. I love watching him do his thing. I love the camaraderie between Duncan, Popovich, Parker and Ginobili — they've been together so long that it's almost like watching one of those great married couples that make you say, "Wow, those two really like each other," only in this case, it's "those four." I don't believe the Spurs are even remotely boring, and anyone who says that doesn't actually like basketball. I believe the Spurs have been the best NBA team through four months, and that Parker has been their most valuable player — like Chris Paul with the Clippers, Parker is a Formula One driver operating a machine that was specifically built for him. (Other people could drive it, but nobody drives it like him.) And I believe Parker should be making $18-20 million a year like the other franchise guys, so locking him down for $12.5 million for this season and the next two … I mean … that's highway robbery. But he's not the MVP, and anyone who argues that is just being silly.

:proud::proud::proud::proud::proud::star:
1. LeBron James (Heat): 2 years, $36.6 million
Here's your MVP. Actually, this is always your MVP, as long as he's playing 39 minutes a night, slapping up 27-8-8s, shooting 55 percent, playing four positions and defending the other team's best guy. Just stop. Stop bringing up anyone else. He's the greatest player in 20 years.

he should be paid 30 million least
paty riley .. well done sir well done

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
some of the dunks and drives he's had this year

he couldn't do last few years.

I'm just saying he had procedures done overseas with little to no public knowledge.

I'm not even blaming the guy cause it's not illegal, but he's more athletic than he was last 2 seasons. It's very obvious

_

I'm not saying hes playing like 22-26 year old kobe. But he is moving like the 28 year old... not the 32 year old... and at 34, that's not normal

-

It just brings up an interesting Q.... with all medical advancements, and continually coming.... like what effect does it have on game?

and game history

MJ didn't have that shit

Kobe did not do shit like this since like 2008-

He's moving like he hasn't in quite a few years.

It is known he did the blood centrifugation treatment to his knees, but thats not controversial anymore. he is not using substances or sth.

That clip is actually clear evidence how his jumping ability has gone down, he barely goes above the rim. His athletic plays are generally success because of his determination and strength, not leaping ability or speed.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
like i said

he used to write for my local paper a long w/ LA times and chicago tribune

he's not that knowledgeable

but it bugsm e more he goes for sensationalist SHOCK value than trying to break down a game.

Gimme Barkley, Kenny smith (who i dont particularly agree with all the time) and others who try to break down game, right or wrong... than scream and try to basically embarass someone with false facts.

Barkley makes idiotic comments from time to time. Steve Kerr and C. Webb are pretty good though.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Another thing is, Kobe has been taking care of his body better than any other athlete in the world possibly. The guy is living 100% healthy lifestyle, his durability isn't surprising.

only a hardcore hater would say he does dope

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
large_lancee.jpg

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yes. Kobe's an amazing athlete and no one can question his work ethic or diet. But but PEDs only help if you work your ass off

Help with recovery, stamina, explosiveness

It's just not only him but Kidd Nash and so many others playing so well at ages no one else has. Both of them are world renown workers too in terms of training

Just saying shit wouldn't surprise me just like with baseball or cycling

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

NBA players get tested up to four times during the course of a season. The fourth time can happen at any point from October to June, but once it happens, that's it. So if your fourth test occurs after your 71st game, you're clear the rest of the way. It's a running joke within NBA circles, something of a get-out-of-jail-free card: Once you pee in that fourth cup, you're good to go. Put whatever you want into your body. Feel like smoking enough weed to make Harold and Kumar blush? Knock yourself out. Feel like replacing your blood with cleaner blood so you have more endurance for the playoffs? Knock yourself out. Feel like starting a testosterone cycle because you might have to play 25 grueling playoff games over the next 10 weeks? Knock yourself out. Remember how competitive these guys are. What would they do for an edge? How far would they go? And why are we giving them the choice?

I am not taking this specifically about kobe

I have tremendous respect for kobe and his work ethic and mentality

Its so obvious NBA and other sports are full of steroids .. its so easy in a world of competitive advantage ...

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And that's the problem. There is no such thing as "the benefit of the doubt" anymore. Not in sports. Too many people took advantage. All the benefits are gone.

so true

Just know that it doesn't take much to get added to the list. Some of my favorite ways include …

• Skip the Olympics (which has much stricter drug testing) in your prime for any dubious reason and you're on the list.

• Enjoy your best season in years in your late 30s, four or five years after your last "best season," and you're on the list.

• If you're a skinny dude who miraculously managed to add 20 pounds of muscle to your scarecrow frame, you're on the list.

• If you chopped down the recovery time of a debilitating injury to something that just didn't seem possible a year ago, you're on the list.

• If you were really good and really ripped at a really young age, and now your body is breaking down much sooner than it should be breaking down, you're on the list.

• If you're exhibiting a level of superhuman endurance that has little correlation to the endurance of any of your competitors, you're on the list.

You're on the list for reasons that, sometimes, aren't even your fault. You're on the list because of mistakes your peers made, because the media foolishly trained itself to look the other way, because we learned the hard way that "absolutely incredible" usually comes with a catch. You're on the list because your players union negotiated ironclad drug-testing rules, ostensibly to protect your rights, but really to protect your right to cheat without being judged. You're on the list because our President claims to be a big sports fan but refuses to get involved, and apparently would rather see every sport go to hell over risking political capital and doing something about it. You're on the list because we don't have blood testing in your sport yet, or biological passports, or anything else that would allow us to know if you were competing fairly or unfairly. You're on the list because it's 2013 and we still have our heads stuck in the sand.

Let's see what's in everyone's body, once and for all. I think you'd be surprised. You'd wonder if some were glorified junkies. You'd be confused about why we placed such a belated priority on concussion awareness while continuing to ignore HGH and steroids and painkillers. Why wasn't the recent story about the NFL's Toradol waiver a bigger deal? What's the difference between taking HGH and Toradol, anyway? What does the word "performance enhancer" really mean? It's OK to borrow a dead person's ligament to regain your 95-mph fastball, but it's not OK to boost your testosterone for those same results? It's OK to travel to Germany to inject stem cells into your damaged knee to stimulate recovery and regeneration, but it's not OK to replace your blood with better blood to increase your stamina?
:lol:

Simmons went nuts after Armstrong interview :lol:

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck Fuck fuck .. tony injured :fp:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I personally think that Kobes thing is legit and it is nothing wrong with it. Medicine is growing and improving. Kobe was injured and he used all the best technique to regenerate and heal as quick as possible. This can´t be in any way compared to blood transplant or things that Armstrong did.

I like Simmons but he is fuck wrong here. Also he was never on Kobes bandwagon so no wonder he picked his situation.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
GAtor Defense #billyKid

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
milano do you have a podcast or video for the entire session?

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/55452/overheard-at-sloan

I always knew RC Bufford was mad on stats .. thats the only way a basketball team can survive in San Antonnio oh well with pop and duncan

Actually yes

i was following Sloan on twitter, tweeted them asking for link, and they streamed it all....

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/?page_id=477

I've become big into twitter.... it's a really easy way to get info, follow topics you want. I make lists... one if my insane basketball one following lowe, pelton, beat writers etc. One is football, it's a bit harder to find good english milan tweets... but i follow some italian sources and just try to translate.

world news, local news, etc.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lebron guards the teams best player my ass. He never guards Melo and Melo is right now going off on Battier.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lebron guards the teams best player my ass. He never guards Melo and Melo is right now going off on Battier.

They switch him on and off, realiy is, he only takes this guy at key moments... but honestly... i'd do the same.

They use him same way bulls used Jordan. Bulls would have pippen D up the best player for most of game..... and allow Jordan to be rover

-

Also in a league where everyone runs pick and rolls, I love seeing Lebron on teams best 'pick' man... cause he switches onto ball and is just a beast

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually yes

i was following Sloan on twitter, tweeted them asking for link, and they streamed it all....

http://www.sloansportsconference.com/?page_id=477

I've become big into twitter.... it's a really easy way to get info, follow topics you want. I make lists... one if my insane basketball one following lowe, pelton, beat writers etc. One is football, it's a bit harder to find good english milan tweets... but i follow some italian sources and just try to translate.

world news, local news, etc.
thanks

I dont use twitter any more? since i am in usa i dont give a fuck about current affairs world can rot like i care :D

call mom for anything in subcontinent
san antonnio and milan are not big enough to get anything from twitter esp when I am resident of this forum and ptr

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
thanks

I dont use twitter any more? since i am in usa i dont give a fuck about current affairs world can rot like i care :D

call mom for anything in subcontinent
san antonnio and milan are not big enough to get anything from twitter esp when I am resident of this forum and ptr

hah... yah i mostly use it to follow league news/trends

i now the sites to check for warriors/milan

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Magic Johnson is putting up a 1 million dollars to see Lebron in the dunk contest.

Schedule