Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Because we all know Nesta is a world-class defender, and has been brilliant for us. But yes, it was incredible laziness from him for the second goal - an error I expect from Thiago Silva, not Nesta.

It's irrelevant if he is World Class or not there shouldn't be any concessions. It looks even worse because Nesta is World Class.

Abate is a work in progress. Regardless whether this is going to be his role long term it's beneficial he can play in that role.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
he is not a good fullback not yet, bad temper and lapse of concentration, hope he improves but i want a wc fullback right now enough with these mediocre kids, he would be a great rw but we have better players upfront

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
What he lacks in defensive skills he really makes up in speeds. His speed has helped him a lot adapt to the possession. He's not been playing in this position his whole life you know. I give him credit for the way he's been playing. If I were Leo I'd start Flams once in a while at RB, but Abate is good, not World Class, but pretty good.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
a lot of his lack of defense is just consistency.... you hear maldini talk about the days of baresi and co.... they played together sooo long they knew each other like clockwork. Baresi was a total general but they were a unit which italian defenses are known for being...... Thats also why you don't rotate defenders like strikers. Sadly in modern football teams just don't stay together that continuous

I think he needs a real long run out @ RB... Most of his error's are correctable w/ more exerience.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
a lot of his lack of defense is just consistency.... you hear maldini talk about the days of baresi and co.... they played together sooo long they knew each other like clockwork. Baresi was a total general but they were a unit which italian defenses are known for being...... Thats also why you don't rotate defenders like strikers. Sadly in modern football teams just don't stay together that continuous

I think he needs a real long run out @ RB... Most of his error's are correctable w/ more exerience.

quality post

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I love how Abate is the most happiest guy on earth after almost each goal we score :D

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
I'm glad we have so many Milan youuth players in first team, Abate,Nini ,Ambro,Borri then we got gys like Pirlo,Seedorf,Rino,Nesta who have been here a lifetime and are now pritty much Milan.

M

MassterMark

it's nice to watch how easy he handle defensive tasks. with his pace & speed he can do realy big :star:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
not a good defender, not yet

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I love how Abate is the most happiest guy on earth after almost each goal we score :D

Yes I agree...

I saw it from the start of the season! Very passionate kid.

Like someone already said, he need a long run @ rb. We can evaluate him after that.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I miss Zambrotta.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Why do we need Beckham if we have him? Why don't we get a RB? Oh I forgot...

david-beckham.jpg

Marketing. :o

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Abate's postgame comments

"It was a well-fought match between two great teams and Inter won. Being without Nesta did not affect the game, even though Sandro is a very important player for this group. We must give the right credit to Inter, who are a great team and proved how good they are tonight. Now Milan will think about playing game after game, but I don't think that, despute the defeat, anything is compromised. On Milito's goal, maybe I could have done something more, I was unlucky."
acmilan.com

loooooooool...sure, ok Iggy....loooooooooooool.

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
well he is right about that, favali went beyond my expectations today, did a solid job and didn't make mistakes that costed us a gol.

Abate on the other hand is the one who should be tied to the bench and come in as a substitute, the weakest link today, too impressed by the match and the opponent, when you add this to the low quality he has the result is the goal Milito scored.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I don't, and I never will. I miss Cafu, though, and his chewing gum.

Im talking about current players.. Zambrota even now on the decline is miles better then this clown.Lol not missing Nesta ..piss off to Atalanta or some team worthy of your skills .

P.s: maybe he could i dunno..NOT PASS to Milito :rolleyes:

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Im talking about current players.. Zambrota even now on the decline is miles better then this clown.Lol not missing Nesta ..piss off to Atalanta or some team worthy of your skills .

P.s: maybe he could i dunno..NOT PASS to Milito :rolleyes:

He was just hiding his dissapointment and not making excuses. He is only 23 and in future can develop into a nice fullback. So I'd like him to be played againt smaller mid/bottom table teams where he can develop experience/skills. But against quality fullbacks/wingers he is toast. Zambrotta should play there. Zambrotta even now is much better than him wen fully fit and rested. I said that many times and was told that I live in 2004 :D.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
i said many times when rested zambrotta is better than abate.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what an assist :eek: he is young we cant risk both our flanks on inexperienced fullbacks, buy a wc fullback and deve,op one among abate or antonini into something

as of now abate is nothing more than a rw for a midtable team in serie

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Apart from the mistake for the frist goal i dont feel he did anything else wrong. It was an error of judgement and very unlucky.

I would rather play Abate than Zambrotta. Zambrotta is dead on his feet after 10 minutes.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I agree with the people that thinks he got a lot of passion and I agree with those that think we should give him time...

But honestly, don't you think he lacks skills?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
My only criticism of Abate is that he seems (and I might be wrong here) to lack humility. He needs to learn that he's just at the beginning of his career and has a lot of improvement to do.

Otherwise, he didn't have a good game against Inter. But he definitely showed some promise moving forward in the second half ... making Becks look static in comparison.

I've always been under the impression that fullbacks should be good defenders before anything else. No ... I'm not a huge fan of the Alves-Lahm-Evra crew. But still, Abate is very young, and has certainly shown some improvement defensively during this season alone. As a long term project, he is definitely looking like a bright prospect. Just don't expect him to be world class from the word go ...

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
He is a brainless player with some speed on his feet.

And thats it.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
He is a brainless player with some speed on his feet.

And thats it.

i agree, he needs to learn how to properly defend first,i do beleive he will be very good once he learns how to defend properly as that is his main job.

Schedule