Andrea Pirlo Thread

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
It's hard to argue that we didn't royally mismanage him. A lot of his behavior towards us seemed to come from a place of hurt more than anything else.

He was what? 31? and we treated him like he was 35, and he moved on as a result.

That, and letting Silva and Ibra leave, are the biggest reasons for our lost decade.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Piss off.

He stated that during our best period of success since the early 90s that he'd have gladly crawled through glass to go to Madrid.

He can get fucked.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Piss off.

He stated that during our best period of success since the early 90s that he'd have gladly crawled through glass to go to Madrid.

He can get fucked.

:star::star::star::star::star::thumbsup:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
literally nobody on planet earth other than Wild and Thierry Henry (maybe) hates Carlo....it helps when you play for one team to not write in a book that you'd have crawled to Spain :o
WTF , I dont hate Carlo, he is a nice guy.
I just thought he was underachieving & will have a share of responsibility of our inevitable decline.
I called our CL wining a curse & our decline is coming & it happened.
I said his career will go down from now on & in way it did.

I bashed him & others like Pippo but i never hated them & i simply wanted more.
About Pirlo I bashed him because I knew he isnt giving Milan 100% & again it was true considering his Italy & Juve career.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild.... you're the pioneer of Anshitloti hate speech :cry:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
U23 head coach for Ladri now, might see him as a head coach for Ladri one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
P!rl0 is the new head coach of Juventus :eek:
Quick guys send over your resumes to juventuz :proud:
You know who the fuck you are :o

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
If Juve can't be usurped next season with Pirlo in his first ever managerial role it will never happen. End of an era for them hopefully.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
P!rl0 is the new head coach of Juventus :eek:
Quick guys send over your resumes to juventuz :proud:
You know who the fuck you are :o

Of course Leaf signed from Inter forum :o

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What just happened?!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
If Juve can't be usurped next season with Pirlo in his first ever managerial role it will never happen. End of an era for them hopefully.

It's more about the quality and depth of their squad relative to the rest of the competition that, in some respects, it almost doesn't matter who's managing. Especially when they have a player like Ronaldo - apart from being an incredible player has a lot of...influence on the tactical decisions.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
It will be exciting to see him on the touchline and see how his teams will connect with his ideas, man management, philosophies, etc... I don't see him starting out at Juventus though. Would seem far more befitting for him to embark on a coaching career at either Brescia or Reggina and then work his way up through the ranks.

Wowow, I was thinking a year or two. Certainly didn't expect him to be out there already.

Hopefully we play Juventus at San Siro on matchday 1... and let the battle commence immediately.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Of course Leaf signed from Inter forum :o

Sadly both my juventuz (drucurl) and fif accounts (ronaldinhiano) are permabanned :cry:

Apparently you aren't allowed to troll them during derby games. Who knew \_(ツ)_/

But you are free to return to your ancestral home :proud:
Why don't you try your luck as a scout for Juve, an italian players only scout.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Why don't you try your luck as a scout for Juve, an italian players only scout.

1RXGGDM_700wa_0.gif

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Fuck Pirlo....

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
such a strange move from ladri, does this really mean they have money issues because that would be great

coaching ladri has been the easiest job the last years but this is the perfect moment for their downfall

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Chielini and CR7 will have to carry the team.
Pirlos future will depend on them.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Agnelli's only goal is the Champions League and with the Tonali + Zaniolo rumours gathering steam, what it looks like is that they'll go all in on the players while not banking on a high profile coach with a defined personality. If Pirlo can get many of these players to express themselves, he could ape Zidane at Madrid. If not, then <insert ex-player> at Milan. It's a complete gamble from a club that doesn't gamble, so it's interesting.

With all this CL oriented approach, it's the best chance for a scudetto run by someone else. But then, we've said that when they signed Allegri.. we've said that when they signed Sarri.. other teams are simply not at that level from a squad strength perspective.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Chielini and CR7 will have to carry the team.
Pirlos future will depend on them.

dybala imo. Cr will get his goals and score penalties....but dybala's fitness and form will be the deciding factor.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all that many of the players from that generation of Milan players have become managers (and very good ones!) and directors and even successful politicians (like Kaladze).

It was a very smart group of players and at the time Milan was a school... Ancelotti and the rest had learned the trade from Sacchi and Fabio Capello and they passed it on.

It's a bit of a shame that we couldn't make a smooth transition to another generation like we did from the 90's to the 00's now.
The 4 ex-players we used as manager had a lot of trouble who were not only their own, the ownership changed twice and will probably change again in a few years and you all know what was up.

Anyway I don't particularly care a lot about Milan being filled with ex-players. Though it's always nice have someone Maldini in a key role to rebuild the club. And I'm pretty sure more ex-players will join the next few years not because they used to play in Milan but because a lot of them are doing damn good work elsewhere.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Rino will turn out to be one of Italy's finest, he has all the tools. We good now but I'm really gutted it didn't work out; could have just stuck w Rino and got him a Lozano for his 433 along with two more quality players. Not that either have done that great for Napoli so far.

But man I love this mans post and pre-match conferences. His honesty, charisma combined with the bluntness makes him one of the best to listen to already.

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
I'm not surprised at all that many of the players from that generation of Milan players have become managers (and very good ones!) and directors and even successful politicians (like Kaladze).

It was a very smart group of players and at the time Milan was a school... Ancelotti and the rest had learned the trade from Sacchi and Fabio Capello and they passed it on.

It's a bit of a shame that we couldn't make a smooth transition to another generation like we did from the 90's to the 00's now.
The 4 ex-players we used as manager had a lot of trouble who were not only their own, the ownership changed twice and will probably change again in a few years and you all know what was up.

Anyway I don't particularly care a lot about Milan being filled with ex-players. Though it's always nice have someone Maldini in a key role to rebuild the club. And I'm pretty sure more ex-players will join the next few years not because they used to play in Milan but because a lot of them are doing damn good work elsewhere.

I thought Seedorf did well (though I'm quite biased when it comes to Clarence, as he was my favourite player). Considering that he literally retired as a player to take up the managerial position at a team that was struggling, Milan performed the 4th-best out of all teams only counting games that Seedorf was in charge (which included a 5-game win streak), just one point from 3rd place. It's just a shame that Berlusconi was literally wanking to how well Inzaghi did with the youth team and couldn't wait to kick out Seedorf in favour of Inzaghi.

In many ways, Inzaghi was set up to fail at Milan before even his first game. Like you said, the ownership change and associated financial struggles meant that he was given a garbage team. Inexperienced managers will obviously make mistakes and Inzaghi made plenty of them...but the quality of the team can help counter that, and Inzaghi's Milan were really...really bad.

I have nothing to say about Brocchi's Milan. So few games in charge and the team's fate under Mihajlovic was already sealed. This team suffered from the same problems as Inzaghi's team.

Rino. Much grinta and benefited from a more stable ownership that actually had some semblance of a plan going forward. I also thought that Gattuso did a fine job. The team was not strong and the attacking players couldn't score on a prostitute (Higuain was an incredible centre back for teams against Milan), yet they finished one point shy of Champions League qualification. In some ways, this is less surprising as Rino was the most experienced of the four.

I'm sure that all four would be better managers today had they not jumped on the Milan ship so early.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Almost all of them has great potential, as Sven suggested. Pippo is once again earning plaudits for his work at Benevento.. He had done a great job at Venezia as well, but it didn't work out for him at Milan and Bologna.

It's very easy to write off managers after one bad stint, but they are also on developing journeys and need good environments to thrive.

That Milan was almost like a university for players. They have all had amazing grounding and can all build good careers.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I thought Seedorf did well (though I'm quite biased when it comes to Clarence, as he was my favourite player). Considering that he literally retired as a player to take up the managerial position at a team that was struggling, Milan performed the 4th-best out of all teams only counting games that Seedorf was in charge (which included a 5-game win streak), just one point from 3rd place. It's just a shame that Berlusconi was literally wanking to how well Inzaghi did with the youth team and couldn't wait to kick out Seedorf in favour of Inzaghi.

In many ways, Inzaghi was set up to fail at Milan before even his first game. Like you said, the ownership change and associated financial struggles meant that he was given a garbage team. Inexperienced managers will obviously make mistakes and Inzaghi made plenty of them...but the quality of the team can help counter that, and Inzaghi's Milan were really...really bad.

I have nothing to say about Brocchi's Milan. So few games in charge and the team's fate under Mihajlovic was already sealed. This team suffered from the same problems as Inzaghi's team.

Rino. Much grinta and benefited from a more stable ownership that actually had some semblance of a plan going forward. I also thought that Gattuso did a fine job. The team was not strong and the attacking players couldn't score on a prostitute (Higuain was an incredible centre back for teams against Milan), yet they finished one point shy of Champions League qualification. In some ways, this is less surprising as Rino was the most experienced of the four.

I'm sure that all four would be better managers today had they not jumped on the Milan ship so early.

re: rino...definitely was not the one that benefited from stable ownership. he was hired by mirabelli as yonghong was MIA...

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

That's one of the things I miss the most - that squad was not only talented but very intellectual.

I think Rino will turn out to be one of Italy's finest, he has all the tools. We good now but I'm really gutted it didn't work out; could have just stuck w Rino and got him a Lozano for his 433 along with two more quality players. Not that either have done that great for Napoli so far.

But man I love this mans post and pre-match conferences. His honesty, charisma combined with the bluntness makes him one of the best to listen to already.

Rino is my favorite player and I hated to see him go, but considering how we're playing now under Pioli, I don't regret this course of action one bit.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
First pro game first win as a coach. The dark side of the force (no racist) flows strong through him

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
giphy.gif

just keep playing these notes and we might see a redemption, direttore!