Brahim Abdelkader Diaz Thread

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I don't think EL games and late subs in Serie A will be enough.
He's 21 and has barely any match experience.
He should prioritize minutes.
A dry loan stint at Milan doesn't seem like the safest bet.

Spanish midtable seems more ideal for him but would Valencia start him with a dry loan? Would the player accept a move to Valencia with right of redemption? No, because he would risk to get stuck and wait years before getting a new chance to sign for a top club.

Milan plays EL and he's trying to get back into top level, so they can offer him minutes and possibly a permanent move into a very competitive team.

It won't be just EL and late subs, we will rotate players or they will get exhausted.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
20 mins in a game after signing a day before but he is already Suso 2.0 :lol:

i was being sarcastic relax. Ofc its too early to judge. I think he wil do fine here but not as a starter

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
xlt5pDk.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/UohJwIN.gif

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
to who? everyone was exhausted

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
to who? everyone was exhausted
Yes , the better solution was to take on 3-4 players every time.

Love his ability to keep the ball though.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
The more i see him the more resemble paketa, atleast 2 occasions he has chances to pass it to forward in the box instead he makes it complicated, what a tool.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
He complicates it but we were a much much better team after he came on compared to Castellejo.

I'm actually impressed with his overall performance. He is always thinking of moving forward and reaching the opponents box. I'll ignore his over complications.

His work rate was good and well done on the pens.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
He complicates it but we were a much much better team after he came on compared to Castellejo.

I'm actually impressed with his overall performance. He is always thinking of moving forward and reaching the opponents box. I'll ignore his over complications.

His work rate was good and well done on the pens.

:thumbsup:

I think one thing people forget is he came on when half the team was already somewhat tired and the overall game slowed down. Sure maybe he held the ball too long and lost it a few times but he tried to make something. If people were making runs ahead and trying to support him, it'd work better.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Diaz played a good game, his energy and determination was one of the reasons we pulled away with the victory

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
has lots of energy and determination but holds the ball too much and mostly end up losing it afterwards. but he gets a pass in this game. whole team was off.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is good. Just release the ball sooner.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso and Diaz are two very different players.

Zuzo has like 20 mins in him, which he spreads over 90 mins. If he's brought on from the bench with 20 mins left then he'll still conserve energy off-ball and wait for the ball on the right flank as if he has 4 mins in him.

Diaz on the other hand saves nothing for later.
He runs, dribbles, tries to make up for his lack of size with grinta until he has run out of steam. He switches flanks, drops deep, presses at the front.

I'd say his issues are more similar to Paq's and Leao's.
He's not a good fit for this system. He's a support striker that receives the ball too far away from the goal, and is being tasked with more defensive work than he can handle.

I think he's destined to become a supersub for us and then sent back to RM, unless the club decide to dump the 4-2-3-1 for some dumbass reason.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Suso and Diaz are two very different players.

Zuzo has like 20 mins in him, which he spreads over 90 mins. If he's brought on from the bench with 20 mins left then he'll still conserve energy off-ball and wait for the ball on the right flank as if he has 4 mins in him.

Diaz on the other hand saves nothing for later.
He runs, dribbles, tries to make up for his lack of size with grinta until he has run out of steam. He switches flanks, drops deep, presses at the front.

I'd say his issues are more similar to Paq's and Leao's.
He's not a good fit for this system. He's a support striker that receives the ball too far away from the goal, and is being tasked with more defensive work than he can handle.

I think he's destined to become a supersub for us and then sent back to RM, unless the club decide to dump the 4-2-3-1 for some dumbass reason.

4-2-3-1 is getting dumped. Only a question of how long kessie and bennacers legs hold up. Tonali and krunic aren't subs for a double pivot. Any team that would apply minimal amount of high pressure will expose them.

I guess Hakan will be sacrificed to lcm and we will see formation:

Rebic - ibra - Diaz/saele

Hakan - tonali - kessie/Benny

And if kessie and Benny are both out then we will see a grand rcm experimentation with saele, krunic and even Calabria being tried there.

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Did anybody notice how good he is at keeping and shielding the ball, even though he's so small? Similar to Messi in that regard.

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I noticed he likes to put his head on other people's chest :heart:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think there?s a lot of good stuff in this performance: https://youtu.be/R_ClK_qXL8A

He needs to improve his decision making and make quicker passes, but remember he is still adapting to a new system. I think Pioli loves Diaz... The kid has bought in completely and is working hard and doing a lot of the dirty work Pioli demands.

The system may not be optimal for Diaz?s skill set, but I think he can still be a very effective player.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think there?s a lot of good stuff in this performance: https://youtu.be/R_ClK_qXL8A

He needs to improve his decision making and make quicker passes, but remember he is still adapting to a new system. I think Pioli loves Diaz... The kid has bought in completely and is working hard and doing a lot of the dirty work Pioli demands.

The system may not be optimal for Diaz?s skill set, but I think he can still be a very effective player.

Yes, I'm very happy with him. I liked the signing when it happened, but he has exceeded my expectations. I hope he'll want to stay.

unda

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
His technique is 1 or 2 levels above any other player in the squad. He certainly has a very high ceiling imo. I mean there is a reason he was at City and Real.
Of course you can criticise his performance but this are his first games for us, he didn't even start a game yet.
For me he is also doing better than expected already and I'm sure he will play a big part this season.
I really hope there is a chance to get him on a permanent deal. If there is a chance we should act very fast before he's starting to turn in good performances and therefore becomes unattainable.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4-2-3-1 is getting dumped. Only a question of how long kessie and bennacers legs hold up. Tonali and krunic aren't subs for a double pivot. Any team that would apply minimal amount of high pressure will expose them.

I guess Hakan will be sacrificed to lcm and we will see formation:

Rebic - ibra - Diaz/saele

And if kessie and Benny are both out then we will see a grand rcm experimentation with saele, krunic and even Calabria being tried there.

If Kessie and/or Bennacer are missing then a switch to 3 man midfield would make even less sense.
If there's a shortage of proper midfielders then adding a 3rd midfield spot will only amplify the problem.

The best way to deal with limited midfielders is by limiting and simplifying their role.
That's what Seedorf's and Miha's stints taught us.
The midfield problems were mitigated when De Jong and Monto were confined to mainly defensive tasks and the advanced midfielder was replaced with a proper attacker.
The mezza'ala role is harder to pull off than a shared CDM role. Few midfielders are skilled and smart enough to handle the freedom and responsibility.
Cristante and Poli are huge liabilities as mezz'ala, but tolerable as DMs. Even Bertolacci is less of a liability as pivot than as the advanced midfielder in a 3 man midfield.
Tonali and Krunic seem to be of that ilk.

That would ruin Hakan, expose Tonali and highlight Kessie's flaws.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
He is a gifted soloist, I insist on that. Do not worth sacrifying Hakan position for a one year looney.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
He's definitely not suso.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he comes across as a hungry ambitious young guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder for his failed time at city and Madrid. Good. Hope he keeps that ambition and continues to play every game like it's his last.

Welcome addition to the squad.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Paolo should start working on his "option" clause immediately, as not to end up with another Deulofeu case. I think the kid will definitely want to stay.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Cwitching to 4-3-3 would only make sense if we miss Hakan.

It would be bad for Kessie, good for Krunic, while Bennacer and Tonali probably would be more or less the same (Bennacer would be CDM and Tonali mezzala)

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another very good match IMO, he could have scored 1 or 2 (that was probably the first header of his life), and he should have had an assist on his cross to Gabbia... Despite his stature, he has a strong playing style and wins a lot of fouls shielding the ball so well.

https://youtu.be/03mV_XP9hg8

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
hope we're not just grooming him for Real, seems to really like it here and has allot of fighting spirit and tenacity which we really need

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
He's definitely not suso.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but he comes across as a hungry ambitious young guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder for his failed time at city and Madrid. Good. Hope he keeps that ambition and continues to play every game like it's his last.

Welcome addition to the squad.

Brahim-Suso comparisons:

Brahim advantages:

Brahim is a versatile player, he plays in all the 3 positions behind the striker. He does well attacking centrally. Suso only played in his zone on the right side, and was useless playing as an AM.

Brahim looks less predictable than Suso to me and I think I've seen better pace, dribbling skills & ability to attack directly.

Brahim Diaz works a bit harder, he applied pressure to opposing players 17 times (per 90 minutes) from the 3 Serie A games, and Suso had an average of 14.

Similarities:

Both Brahim and Suso are short and physically not strong.

Both of them like holding on the ball too long before passing to other players.

Last edited: