Week 4: Inter - Milan 17/10/2020 18:00 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Any more speculation on cancelling football?

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Any more speculation on cancelling football?

Sure:

Il Mattino and the Covid alarm that returns: "More infections, sport trembles"

The opening of today's sports pages of the newspaper Il Mattino is dedicated to the Coronavirus alarm that is shaking sport in general, beyond football. News, in fact, of the abandonment of the Giro d'Italia by Yates, due to a positive result. Also in Serie A, then, there was a new case in the last hours, that of Barak of Hellas. Meanwhile, at UEFA's home, in Nyon, the alarm goes off for the cups, whose start is scheduled in ten days. "More infections, sport trembles" is the effective opening title chosen by the Neapolitan newspaper.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The same Inter fans laughing at Napoli not showing up are now crying for the derby to be cancelled when they have 5-6 players out. Of course when it affects them, they are serious.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
The same Inter fans laughing at Napoli not showing up are now crying for the derby to be cancelled when they have 5-6 players out. Of course when it affects them, they are serious.

we used primavera players for month so other teams also can.

if you look on a calendar there is no free space except cancelling winter break.
rumors about other date for the game between juve and napoli (if would happen) were for january.
and uefa cups will happen with or without italian teams...

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Young will miss the game.

1E4.gif

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We also have players infected so stay classy ...

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic took part in the entire training session today and will likely start in the derby. Rebic is still doubtful [Sky]

If Rebic makes it then the team basically picks itself. If he doesn't then we could have:

Brahim-Hakan-Salad
Salad-Hakan-Brahim
Leao-Hakan-Salad
Salad-Hakan-Samu

or an outside chance of

Hauge-Hakan-Salad

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Perisic started against lazio..
young is a bench player at this point

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I just realized that I will be in Belgrade during the derby.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
thanks for the very useful information, I was wondering were you would be during the derby

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
inter fans are happy to see romangoli play, they said the one who marks always scores.

Sad but true.

First time Roma is out for a longer time period and people have nothing better to fo than inventing/distributing fairy tales:fp:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
thanks for the very useful information, I was wondering were you would be during the derby

You're welcome Gawad. I like to inform my fellow milanisti about my whereabouts. I'm hungover on my couch atm.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
But where MB will be after the derby when we win is what we all want to know. I'm sure it'll be another one of those special tales.

Jawad

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You're welcome Gawad. I like to inform my fellow milanisti about my whereabouts. I'm hungover on my couch atm.

another useful information, i was just wondering what you are doing on your couch ATM.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Lets see what Saelemakers can do against a better team. He's been awesome lately

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
121487655_3377301285639263_5296785121827871791_n.jpg

Sky: Yesterday at Milanello a match was played with the Primavera. The score was: 3-1. The first team played with: A.Donnarumma, Calabria, Kalulu, Romagnoli, Theo, Castillejo, Maldini, and Ibrahimović. Maldini scored a brace and the third goal Ibrahimovic. The swedish took part in the entire match and will likely start in the derby. Rebic is still doubtful.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Lets see what Saelemakers can do against a better team. He's been awesome lately

He has been very promising lately, better than anyone -incl me- ever would have expected. Of course the opponents were not world class. He was also completely useless against Juve last year post corona-lockdown, so I'm pretty curious to see what he'll do in the next month against Inter, Roma, Celtic and Prague.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
It's now or never for Milan.

Let's hope our recent poor form in Derby's improves with a win here.

Forza Milan!

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If Ante is not avalable i would play Saele on the left just because he can help Theo against Hakimi much more than any other player. And with Saele moving left i would start Brahim on the right or Leao even though i think Pioli will start Leao on the left

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If Ante is not avalable i would play Saele on the left just because he can help Theo against Hakimi much more than any other player. And with Saele moving left i would start Brahim on the right or Leao even though i think Pioli will start Leao on the left
Why not exploit the space left by hakimi using leao?

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Leao at LW because it forces Theo to be more defensive and he is so effective when he’s able to attack freely. Maybe Pioli forces Calabria to stay back and defend to cover Theo more if Leao starts.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Leao is a great option off the bench and only backup to Ibra we have fit. In a normal setting Pioli would 100% keep him on bench but due to int break he will rightly probably choose the fitter options and ones he worked with at Milanello during break

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Here's a novel idea : start Hauge :o

Y'know the guy who's actually a left winger.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Here's a novel idea : start Hauge :o

Y'know the guy who's actually a left winger.

I think Hauge should definitely be in contention yes, shame he'll have had so few training sessions with the team. I think it's too bold a move, although personally I like because then Salad can be on the right where I prefer him.

I think it's more likely that Salad will be on the left and then either Diaz or Samu on the right. Samu would be a bit of a pussy move, although he has at least been there training this whole time.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I?m not a fan of Leao at LW because it forces Theo to be more defensive and he is so effective when he?s able to attack freely. Maybe Pioli forces Calabria to stay back and defend to cover Theo more if Leao starts.

Good point.

Let see if Leao this season suits more to FC (less responsibility in the defensive duty compare to wing) or left winger.

If he could motivate himself to give more on the pitch and be more smart with his play especially his dribbling, IMO he might turn to a great LW.

Schedule