Week 5: Milan - Roma 26/10/2020 20:45 CET

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Hi everyone, let me display my opinion please, We are still lacking, player whose can add the technic, we we are in dire need of good playmakers, neither Hakan - Sealamakers even Leao (despite his 2 assist) can fullfil can meet our needs, I hope DIAZ & HAUGE can lead our attacks and supplying IBRAHIMOVIC, but they need full trust out of the Mister, and time.

TACTIC : I'm not found of the 2 midfielder tactics, I think 3 would be the best, with KESSIE - TONALI - BENNACER,
The season is still long,
PIOLI : Always entering SAMU & KRUNIC at 70 minutes, may be he planned to do this changement before the game has started, but normally any the Coach gotta adapt the changement with the match's physiognamie, instead of chosisng the same changement at each match

What do you think?
No.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Summary:

- Shame we lost 2 points but tbh Roma was overall the better team.

- Tatarusanu? This is the Tata that I remember from Viola.

- Calabria? Motm? :fp::fp::lol::lol: Kept giving the ball away the whole second half and quite frankly he kept making wrong choices defensively.

- Kjaer? Just aquestion who lost his mark on Roma's third goal. Besides tht and some minor errors he was spot on.

- Romagnoli? He was bad to decent. Not something that it is expected from him. On the other hand he was thrown to the wolves due Gabbia's covid but we can't defend too much. Hopefully he gets his legs back for the next easy features.

- Theo? Same as Calabria, too many gifted passes to Roma players. He needs to be rested.

- Kessie/Bennacer? They are just getting better, aren't they.

- Sale-boy? He is a decent player who just became too important for us.

- Hakan? If we take into consideration that he is coming back from injury, he did great.

- Leao? What are we going to do with this lad. In one moment, he can change a game but most of the time he is just jogging around without a care. Does he help on defense? Somewhat but not what it is expected from a talented guy. Reminds me so much of Balo/Pato; all the talent in the world but they thought they just could walk around on the pitch and just produce a single moment of magic in 90 minutes.

- Ibra? As always, he will fight, he will show his pride of a great player.

Subs:

- Krunic? a scratch head of a sub but I guess Pioli went for experience.

- Samu? Even more of a waste of a sub but tbh we didn't have a more experienced player.

Pretty much spot on the player reviews, except I didn't see Roma as the better team, a draw all things considered is a fair result.

Its worrying that Tatarusanu cannot be relied on when facing good opposition, especially when you couple it with Romagnioli being a bad defender as well, their goals waiting to happen.

Theo and Calabria need to be rested from time to time, hopefully both Kalulu and Dalot prove they can handle smaller teams at least, and give the starters a much needed rest. Pioli so far doesn't really seem to trust them to get any decent minutes, so probably they are out of sync in training.

I really hope someone manages to get trough Leao, would be a shame if he turned like the two you mentioned.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Roma is still regaining form, he's shown flashes of brilliance in all three games but is still well below par.

Give it some time guys.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
What a shit game yesterday. But I can't believe some are saying Roma were better. We were all over them. And pur chances were ALOT more dangerous than theirs. Theo shot just outside the right post. Kjaers header hitting the post and Leao being able to just put it in from 30 cm into open net. That counter 6 vs 3 (!!!!!) Where Theo misplaced his pass into the box. Romagnolis header.

Roma should praise and thank all possible Gods to escape with one lucky point. Not to mention that pk which I still cant possibly understand how it was given. Destroyed the entire game.

What a shame. Really. We should have 5 in a row. But still, I was very satisfied with our perfomance against maybe the second or third best inform team in the league

Onto the next one!!

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ref, wtf? Seppuku urself.
2020.10.26-Report-Milan-Roma-WebHP.png

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
What a shit game yesterday. But I can't believe some are saying Roma were better. We were all over them. And pur chances were ALOT more dangerous than theirs. Theo shot just outside the right post. Kjaers header hitting the post and Leao being able to just put it in from 30 cm into open net. That counter 6 vs 3 (!!!!!) Where Theo misplaced his pass into the box. Romagnolis header.

Roma should praise and thank all possible Gods to escape with one lucky point. Not to mention that pk which I still cant possibly understand how it was given. Destroyed the entire game.

What a shame. Really. We should have 5 in a row. But still, I was very satisfied with our perfomance against maybe the second or third best inform team in the league

Onto the next one!!
Yep

Mirante made like 4 ridiculous saves

Hakan's FK was also saved.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Hi everyone, let me display my opinion please, We are still lacking, player whose can add the technic, we we are in dire need of good playmakers, neither Hakan - Sealamakers even Leao (despite his 2 assist) can fullfil can meet our needs, I hope DIAZ & HAUGE can lead our attacks and supplying IBRAHIMOVIC, but they need full trust out of the Mister, and time.

TACTIC : I'm not found of the 2 midfielder tactics, I think 3 would be the best, with KESSIE - TONALI - BENNACER,
The season is still long,
PIOLI : Always entering SAMU & KRUNIC at 70 minutes, may be he planned to do this changement before the game has started, but normally any the Coach gotta adapt the changement with the match's physiognamie, instead of chosisng the same changement at each match

What do you think?

Well hakan has been amazing except last night. He just had an off game.

The formation change is a no go. Why change it when we are unbeaten in 22 matches?

I agree with Pioli subs. I dont remember anytime in this season where his subs actually made an impact. Am already tired of his krunic bias

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
We should have won. I was gutted when they equalized. I hate to be critical of Zlatan because he is the reason we are where we are but he should have just headed the ball.

I haven't seen such a poor refereeing performance in a long time. Two completely non-existent penalties.

Leao is starting to show the talent that he promised. This season he is stronger, quicker and playing with more confidence. Two excellent assists I was annoyed when he went off as in this form he could have won us the game.

Forza Milan!

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roma is still regaining form, he's shown flashes of brilliance in all three games but is still well below par.

Give it some time guys.

I don?t think he has shown a flash of brilliance once in his time here. He?s like a a mostly reliable tractor, except when facing good opposition (Lukaku, Dzeko, empty nets/open headers).

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score

The formation change is a no go. Why change it when we are unbeaten in 22 matches?

I agree with Pioli subs. I dont remember anytime in this season where his subs actually made an impact. Am already tired of his krunic bias

22 unbeaten matches.. what kind of impact do you want?

Pioli is spot on with his subs and his player selection. He is easily the best coach in this aspect in many many years.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
No he hasnt been good with his subs.
His starting 11 on the other hand is always spot on

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

The Hauge ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No he hasnt been good with his subs.
His starting 11 on the other hand is always spot on

ahahahahahaha

Pioli has been the best coach since 5 sub football. Especially because of the subs.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hawg coming down with COVID really killed us yesterday. If he had been available, I think we could have effectively killed off the match on one of the many counter attacks we had.

Plenty to be upset about, but we were weakened by COVID, the jam packed match schedule, and poor decisions by the referees. 2 dropped points against Roma won’t kill us. Just have to rotate against Sparta and then take care of business in the next 2 Serie A matches.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Hawg coming down with COVID really killed us yesterday. If he had been available, I think we could have effectively killed off the match on one of the many counter attacks we had.

Plenty to be upset about, but we were weakened by COVID, the jam packed match schedule, and poor decisions by the referees. 2 dropped points against Roma won?t kill us. Just have to rotate against Sparta and then take care of business in the next 2 Serie A matches.

I don?t believe for one second Pioli would have used Hauge last night had he been there. And this is the mentality I hate about Italian managers

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don?t believe for one second Pioli would have used Hauge last night had he been there. And this is the mentality I hate about Italian managers

Exactly. That man keeps using krunic who offers nothing, and they believe he would use hauge..

ahahahahahaha

Pioli has been the best coach since 5 sub football. Especially because of the subs.

Lool is that why he used 2 out of 5 subs last night?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Pioli's style is as risky as it gets, without losing all common sense like Zeman.
Allegri would shit his pants if he saw all his fullbacks, midfielders and attackers pressing high in the opponent's half while they're leading in a big game.
Heck, even I, as a Padre supporter since day 1, who finds his high risk high reward approach very refreshing and exciting, think he should tone it down a bit.

Exactly. That man keeps using krunic who offers nothing, and they believe he would use hauge..

Is it a coincidence that the two posters who have an issue with Pioli's rational decisions, were also the two biggest Andre Silva and Gabigol fans?:o

Yup.

The difference between now and the end of last season is that the bench options haven't been as good.
Rebic is missing. Ibra missed half of the games. Bona is gone.
The new arrivals are in the same phase as Saele, Bona & Leao back in February when they hadn't learned how to make a strong impact as sub in this system.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lool is that why he used 2 out of 5 subs last night?

What other subs should he make?

Colombo/Maldini for Ibra?
Kessie/Bennacer for Tonali?

Taking off Hakan, who was hitting better corner kicks than ever, including 2 in the last minutes?

Roma equalized in the 84th(freak goal).
There was still a point to lose, and 3 that could be gifted to a Top 4 rival.
Is it wise to take off a key player(Hakan), with only minutes left and lots to lose, for a new signing that is adapting but not adapted to the job?

The rest of the game proved Pioli right. The team regained control of a chaotic game, in part due to Hakan & Krunic giving us the numerical superiority that was lacking in the midfield earlier in the game. In the end the team was 2 missed sitters away from coming out as winners in this game as well.
But the team remains undefeated, after 22 games.