• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DeJong over Monto and Biglia:lol::fp:

I still remember how we improved massively after we stopped playin DeJong over Monto.

DeJong is kinda likeable as a person but as a player he is a "fraud"

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
De Jong > Bigl > Monto

HPXn1.jpg

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i can and i will keep my opinion about elliot

yes they hired good people
no they didnt spend any money and many sources told we could have made investment now and once again i dont belive in elliot couse THEY ARE HERE ONLY FOR MONEY AND FOOTBALL ISNT WHERE YOU EARN MONEY.

yeah i forgot how clubs like Juve and Bayern and City aren't profitable :lol:

football is a business

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atalanta are top of the table... Papu with a brace

Pasalic also got on the score sheet

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
^ This.

p.s. People thinking Elliott will spend as much as FFP allows.

People thinking Elliott will spend no money and lose hundreds of millions when billions are in reach. :lol:

And imagine actually rating De Jong. Those may have been my favourite fanboys

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People thinking Elliott will spend no money and lose hundreds of millions when billions are in reach. :lol:

And imagine actually rating De Jong. Those may have been my favourite fanboys

It's so obvious that they are wrong about elliot that it's not even worth arguing about

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One of Silva's main problem is that his movement sucks, our midfield and wings creat enough, he just didn't manage to be in the right places.

I do not have issues with his movement. Quite frankly Andre Silva get in good positions but his DECISION MAKING is horrible. I think kid can score but when it is simple to pass the ball he decides/thinks that he has Ronaldinho skills and end up losing the ball. We all know he is coming back next season so I hope he does really good in Spain to cash in or keep him IF he has changed/improved dramatically his decision making.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I wouldn't trust Elliot too much, but the good part here is that for them to make money, they will need to invest a lot too and get us results, thus increasing the brand value. So, it's the situation that counts here. Be it other industry, I think they would strip us down and sell our assets asap.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DeJong over Monto and Biglia:lol::fp:

I still remember how we improved massively after we stopped playin DeJong over Monto.

DeJong is kinda likeable as a person but as a player he is a "fraud"

DeJong is not a fraud. He was simply not a regista nor he had regista skills. I would wonder the bad rep Van Bommel would have gotten if Allegri decided to just ignore his skillset and say: "Hey Marc, forget everything you know, you need to be/play like Pirlo."

I wonder where Van Bommel ranks in the top registas for fellow commoders.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Saponara, who played for Milan during a terrible era, talked about the pressure at a big club (particularly Milan) is so overwhelming that he could not perform. Every game is dissected and he couldn't handle it.

Lol at the idea that the team hit rock bottom when Gattuso took over. A new manager sees his position as "who cares?" Especially when he doesn't have a contract. We were 7 points because 6th place when Gattuso took over, I believe.

The idea that there's a time, or a place, when Milan can have "no pressure" is hilarious. That's why players suffer here. They suffer at other big clubs, too. But especially when you're being brought in to revive a team as gigantic as Milan, there is never a day when there isn't pressure.

The way you guys learn how to spin things negative, astounds me.

Especially when you also use those same mental gymnastic skills to defending Inter.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Saponara, who played for Milan during a terrible era, talked about the pressure at a big club (particularly Milan) is so overwhelming that he could not perform. Every game is dissected and he couldn't handle it.

Lol at the idea that the team hit rock bottom when Gattuso took over. A new manager sees his position as "who cares?" Especially when he doesn't have a contract. We were 7 points because 6th place when Gattuso took over, I believe.

The idea that there's a time, or a place, when Milan can have "no pressure" is hilarious. That's why players suffer here. They suffer at other big clubs, too. But especially when you're being brought in to revive a team as gigantic as Milan, there is never a day when there isn't pressure.

The way you guys learn how to spin things negative, astounds me.

Especially when you also use those same mental gymnastic skills to defending Inter.
Nicely put.

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I think Dejong was more than decent tbh.. Yeah like he was our only problem back then :lol: I don't even consider him a problem. He managed to reach the finals on the 2014 world cup, so people stating that our squad improved significantly when he left is just way too shallow

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
the lord presents us opportunities to live out and demonstrate virtues, like patience, enduring discussion of nigel de jong while we suffer rinviata

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
and after you have suffered a little while, Gordon Singer, who has called you to his eternal glory in Milan, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I think Dejong was more than decent tbh.. Yeah like he was our only problem back then :lol: I don't even consider him a problem. He managed to reach the finals on the 2014 world cup, so people stating that our squad improved significantly when he left is just way too shallow

It was 2010 world cup. When he joined us in 2012 (for 3,5m before even turning 28 years old) he was already declining rapidly, and he also got ACL injury, after which he wasn't the same anymore.

Some players can perform at top levels for many years, some just can't. Think about 26 years old Robinho, 2 years later he was hardly a football player.

And yes, our team improved significantly when he didn't play anymore.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
and after you have suffered a little while, Gordon Singer, who has called you to his eternal glory in Milan, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

RR1pSns7_400x400.jpeg

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
DeJong is not a fraud. He was simply not a regista nor he had regista skills. I would wonder the bad rep Van Bommel would have gotten if Allegri decided to just ignore his skillset and say: "Hey Marc, forget everything you know, you need to be/play like Pirlo."

I wonder where Van Bommel ranks in the top registas for fellow commoders.

Mark Van Bommel is still the greatest #4 bearer in my Milan era.
Guy is all class, the heart of Allegri's not-so-fluid tactics.
Allegri is done without MvB and De Jong is nowhere near MvB quality

Status
Not open for further replies.