Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
What Milan really needs besides some new players right now is :

-New stadium (or upgrade the stadium but i think this will be more expensive )
-better tv deals
-new merchandising strategy ,etc

All the things that we need to make Milan a club less depending on a sugar daddy .

+1. the main thing is the stadium... we pay the city every month to rent the stadium... once inter leaves, we need to buy it outright, renovate it and then we can start making the revenue from it.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Silvio is more equal than others.

He's probably my favourite man ever, or at least definitely my favourite politician.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Italian court rules Berlusconi's immunity law unconstitutional

Judges reject prime minister's act which would exempt him from facing a series of trials for fraud, tax evasion and bribery

Full article here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/07/silvio-berlusconi-immunity-law-uncontitutional

Problems!

That law exists in the United States and as far as I know alot of other countries. President can't stand trial. He'd have to be kicked out of office first....

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
What Milan really needs besides some new players right now is :

-New stadium (or upgrade the stadium but i think this will be more expensive )
-better tv deals
-new merchandising strategy ,etc

All the things that we need to make Milan a club less depending on a sugar daddy .

I'd much rather renovate San Siro once inter gets out of there. About the merchandising, I'm kinda surprised how easy of a decision it was to stay with Adidas when we recently renewed that deal to 2017. Surely Nike was at least somewhat interested? Nike makes way cooler stuff anyway.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'd much rather renovate San Siro once inter gets out of there. About the merchandising, I'm kinda surprised how easy of a decision it was to stay with Adidas when we recently renewed that deal to 2017. Surely Nike was at least somewhat interested? Nike makes way cooler stuff anyway.

i know, i'm pissed. nike stuff fits better and doesn't wrip after 3 cycles thru the wash like adidas :-/

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

I would also like to see San Siro renovated but i don`t think from a financial point of view if its worth it .

About Nike ..i guess lack of interest like all other things related to this club .

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
123fv.jpg

http://books.google.com/books?id=YT...cover&dq=berlusconi#v=onepage&q=milan&f=false

hmm...didn't he want to buy inter?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That law exists in the United States and as far as I know alot of other countries. President can't stand trial. He'd have to be kicked out of office first....

Aye, I don't know exactly what Italy's equivalent to U.S. impeachment procedure is. I suppose it doesn't matter now though.

I do enjoy this bit of the article:

For years Berlusconi has claimed that he is the victim of a plot by leftwing judges and prosecutors, and his followers had argued that the immunity bill was needed to protect him.

I love that Don Silvio still manages to make everything a Berlusconi v. Communism issue :D

At least the Lega Nord still love him.

Last edited:

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
i know, i'm pissed. nike stuff fits better and doesn't wrip after 3 cycles thru the wash like adidas :-/

I KNOW! I rarely wear one of my jerseys because I don't want to tear it up by washing it. There are already a few stray threads just hanging off my basically new Gattuso jersey. Besides, have you seen some of the scarves and sweatshirts Nike makes for inter, juve, barca, united, etc? Shits tight as hell. :mad:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I KNOW! I rarely wear one of my jerseys because I don't want to tear it up by washing it. There are already a few stray threads just hanging off my basically new Gattuso jersey. Besides, have you seen some of the scarves and sweatshirts Nike makes for inter, juve, barca, united, etc? Shits tight as hell. :mad:

all my athletic gear is nike. Everything I've ever bought adidas hasn't lasted. The number on my 2006 Gattuso jersey started peeling 3rd or 4th wash.

Also adidas shoes suck. Sizing is always too awkwardly wide for my feet, uncomfortable and they rip easy. A real crap brand..... Pity cause I like there stuff aesthetically

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I love that Don Silvio still manages to make everything a Berlusconi v. Communism issue :D

100000% dead on.

I must dig up a favorite quote from the summer:

"I absolutely don't agree with who criticizes AC Milan transfer policy. We have two high level teams, for a total of 29 players. When in 2008 I was asked to get rid of the communists and sign Ronaldinho I did both things."

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
all my athletic gear is nike. Everything I've ever bought adidas hasn't lasted. The number on my 2006 Gattuso jersey started peeling 3rd or 4th wash.

Also adidas shoes suck. Sizing is always too awkwardly wide for my feet, uncomfortable and they rip easy. A real crap brand..... Pity cause I like there stuff aesthetically

nike is definitely a better company... but I always go with adidas boots for soccer. for tennis though, I'm nike through and through.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri

The problem isn't with the shoe...

ugly-feet.jpg

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Adidas footwear is what I prefer, but I'd like the jerseys to switch to nike or puma

So apparently the european parliment is discussing freedom of the press in italy. They might make Berlusconi either: step down or sell his media holdings

if he steps down, he'll probably be hit with tons of lawsuits and sell milan, if he sells his media holdings maybe we'll see some of the money

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Trinidad's national colours are red white and black, plus our official national team sponsor is adidas ;) Milan is going trini :cool: On a side note anyone notice that recently the nike teams have been dominating while generally the adidas teams have been in decline? The winners in Italy, Spain and England plus the two CL FINALISTS and the confederations cup finalists were all nike sponsored teams :eek:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Trinidad's national colours are red white and black, plus our official national team sponsor is adidas ;) Milan is going trini :cool: On a side note anyone notice that recently the nike teams have been dominating while generally the adidas teams have been in decline? The winners in Italy, Spain and England plus the two CL FINALISTS and the confederations cup finalists were all nike sponsored teams :eek:

michael jordan is the kingpin of football matchfixing

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Berlusconi rejects immunity ruling as ‘farce’
08/10 07:10 CET
Justice

The Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has dismissed the loss of his legal immunity as a politically-motivated farce. Italy’s highest court said that a law passed by Berlusconi’s government protecting him from legal action violates the constitution. Berlusconi retorted that the ruling was driven by politics:

“We have a minority of leftist ‘red’ judges who use the law in their political struggle,” he said. “72 per cent of the media in Italy is left-wing. The cases against me they want to re-open are utterly false. I am going to have to spend some of my working day ridiculing my accusers. But these sort of things give me a buzz, as they do all Italians. Viva Italia, viva Berlusconi!”

The Constitutional Court ruled that the immunity legislation violates the principle that all Italians are equal under the law. The prime minister’s lawyers had argued that he should be considered ‘first above equals’ but the judges rejected that.

The controversial law halted all cases against Berlusconi, including one where he is accused of bribing a British lawyer to give false testimony to protect his business dealings.

The leader of the opposition, Dario Franceschini said:

“The Constitutional Court has simply re-established a principle that had been violated: that all Italian citizens are equal before the law. Everyone is equal before the law, even the most powerful.”

The ruling comes as Berlusconi watches his until-now good approval ratings slide because of a series of sex scandals, including prostitutes being invited to parties at his home. One of the girls went public with explicit recordings of her time spent with the prime minister.

Copyright © 2009 euronews

TAGS: Italy, Justice, Politics

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
“We have a minority of leftist ‘red’ judges who use the law in their political struggle,” he said. “72 per cent of the media in Italy is left-wing. The cases against me they want to re-open are utterly false. I am going to have to spend some of my working day ridiculing my accusers. But these sort of things give me a buzz, as they do all Italians. Viva Italia, viva Berlusconi!”

72%? lol

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"We have a minority of leftist ‘red’ judges who use the law in their political struggle,” he said. “72 per cent of the media in Italy is left-wing..."

"From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic, an iron curtain has descended across the Continent."

- A man who won the next election ;) Berlusconi has clearly decided that the anti-commie scare tactic is a great champion and will never be retired.

"I am going to have to spend some of my working day ridiculing my accusers."

Responding to charges? No! Ridiculing his accusers. Absolutely outstanding.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Berlusconi & his family have gradually cut back to the point where Milan must be able to run themselves or they will go bankrupt & this means that Milan could not afford Kaka' & got the massive fee for him while they still could which was probably right plus Milan have got no real players on big wages that anyone wants. The likes of Ronaldinho etc who earn big amounts & are not worth it will be gone soon & then Milan will build from their.

The hope is that Milan will get some decent investors onto the board of directors & also Berlusconi will start helping out again sometime in the future & that some of the young players in the Youth team develop aswell.

Schedule