Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Imagine if he could shoot free throws :eek:

Yao could have come close to him, shame about the injuries.

Yao was amazing, but even if Yao stayed injury free, i doubt it.

For me, biggest thing about shaq was his combo of size/strength w/ speed. He had skill but you know his first few years, he was like blake griffin quickness wise.

Yao was insanely talented, and good.... but Yao lacked some strength and quickness

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Axl's totally right...prime shaq was like a cheat code

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Axl's totally right...prime shaq was like a cheat code

if anything, that's why people feel like shaq is an underachiever.

He had it all to be the greatest.

That said, phil jackson said something... he said in 3rd title year, shaq had a foot issue, and decided not to get a full surgery, just a slight repair, and instead of getting full surgery which would have ruled him out year, he got a different procedure.

Phil said, he felt that made shaq lose a lot of lift on his jump, and slow him a bit and he was never truly the same dominant force.

-

not like he became bad, but prime shaq was unguardable

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Don´t like neither of the teams.

Just want Lebron to win. I apreciate greatness and am grateful that this dude is playing. Nothing like him in history of NBA. And nothing as impressive since Jordan.

I loved Simmons on Wade.. "Did he come from Germany?" :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Don´t like neither of the teams.

Just want Lebron to win. I apreciate greatness and am grateful that this dude is playing. Nothing like him in history of NBA. And nothing as impressive since Jordan.

I loved Simmons on Wade.. "Did he come from Germany?" :lol:

simmons is PISSED.

espn edit'd that out, lol.

if you didn't know, he's had long battles w/ espn over censorship. His whole grantland associate w/ espn is kinda weird. They both need each other but dislike each other

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Danny Green is the MVP

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Ok senatore please tell me again how Lebron is not a choker.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

greatttt seriessssssss

i wish this was best out of 14

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Fuck da heat!!!!!! :D :D

Honestly, if Ginoboli retires, I really want Spurs to win just so he can get his 5th ring. That would be such a great ending to this crazy season!

#gospursgo

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
he isn't
At least not that badly as some say. The only real game is game 7. The spurs and the heat have to give Stern his money :proud:
The next game the HEAT will win the next one and Senatore will say that LeBron is better than Jordan and Earl Manigault combined :rolleyes:

Only game 7 matters

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When basketball was basketball

Starks Dunk on Jordan :lol:
Jordan on Ewing :eek:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
he isn't
At least not that badly as some say. The only real game is game 7. The spurs and the heat have to give Stern his money :proud:
The next game the HEAT will win the next one and Senatore will say that LeBron is better than Jordan and Earl Manigault combined :rolleyes:

Only game 7 matters

Hes afraid to shoot the ball. how can you be the best ever if you are afraid to shoot the fucking ball in the fourth quarter. SAS were daring him to shoot and he kept making idiotic passes to everyone around him. senatore keeps talking about decision making - how can it be a bad decision to shoot an OPEN midrange shot if you are the best player in the world?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hes afraid to shoot the ball. how can you be the best ever if you are afraid to shoot the fucking ball in the fourth quarter. SAS were daring him to shoot and he kept making idiotic passes to everyone around him. senatore keeps talking about decision making - how can it be a bad decision to shoot an OPEN midrange shot if you are the best player in the world?

I'm not disputing this...I agree with your position actually....my only point is that to use each game heat lose to prove your point isn't as powerful as looking at the results in the end of it all

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
afraid to take responsibility, but his fans will make it seem like he just prefers to be unselfish.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
don't see how the guy taking most shots of anyone in the game is 'afraid to take responsibility'

and i don't see how passing to openb top caliber shooters is a bad thing either.

why on earth would you want lebron to shoot mid-range over a kick out to a wide open 3 pointer bny allen
--

The real issues are the consistent defensive break downs (see: Danny Green ALWAYS open)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
and this is a big reason why i defend lebron.

never seen any top caliber athlete get so heavily trolled/attacked after every loss as lebron.

Twitter goes off in most ridiculous ways

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

because he's hit more game winners than any player in playoffs in last 10 years.

yes that counts kobe too.

because his overall play in the 4th quarter is best of anyone in last 10 years.

But guess what, making 50% means he also misses 50%. And people love to focus on misses instead of big picture

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i really don't get why people consider lebron 'choker' and 'afraid of moment' and 'passing is an excuse'

when (just using an example) jordan won 2 titles passed off passing the past shot to john paxton and steve kerr.

if kerr misses this, is jordan a choker? afraid of responsibility?

Get out w/ that tired rhetoric. None of it's true.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'll live and die w/ lebron's decision making every time.

My major criticism at the moment offensively is he's thinking too much. Needs to play faster, too much over dribbling, not good.

-

But ultimately, if miami losess it's down to their D. They aren't closing out shooters for shit

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Man you keep using one example (or two), which are the last shots. Lebron consistently shies away in the last quarter, in this final, and in the others. If you can not see the difference in his approach when time gets rough, you are blind. He is indecisive and panicky. he doesnt strive under pressure. he is AFRAID to shoot the ball. Thats not good decision making. He looks to get rid of the ball any way possible. Did you see Parker in the last quarter? Thats what you do in the last quarter as the best player on your team!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Man you keep using one example (or two), which are the last shots. Lebron consistently shies away in the last quarter, in this final, and in the others. If you can not see the difference in his play when time gets rough, you are blind. He is AFRAID to shoot the ball. Thats not good decision making. He looks to get rid of the ball any way possible. Did you see Parker in the last quarter? Thats what you do in the last quarter as the best player on your team!

that's not true at all.

I suggest you re-watch, iunno, all the games? He's an absolute monster at end of games, at beginning, in the middle etc. Doesn't mean he's perfect, he will miss shots, so does everyone. I love his decision making. He's a very smart player. He looks like a genius when shots fall, and people bash him when they don't. That's just how it is. His consistency in those situations is pretty indisputeable.

He's looking to get his team the best shot possible. There's not a person on earth who prefers lebron iso mid-ranger over a ray allen kick out 3. I don't see it as a big deal. You win a lot more games playing like lebron than carmelo (since thats what you're advocating).

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i really don't get why people consider lebron 'choker' and 'afraid of moment' and 'passing is an excuse'

when (just using an example) jordan won 2 titles passed off passing the past shot to john paxton and steve kerr.

if kerr misses this, is jordan a choker? afraid of responsibility?

Get out w/ that tired rhetoric. None of it's true.

looool this is the most moronic analogy ever.....Jordan dragged his team to the point where they were in pole position to BEAT the Jazz....Lebron's team is still getting their asses handed to them :fp:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
that's not true at all.

I suggest you re-watch, iunno, all the games? He's an absolute monster at end of games, at beginning, in the middle etc. Doesn't mean he's perfect, he will miss shots, so does everyone. I love his decision making. He's a very smart player. He looks like a genius when shots fall, and people bash him when they don't. That's just how it is. His consistency in those situations is pretty indisputeable.

He's looking to get his team the best shot possible. There's not a person on earth who prefers lebron iso mid-ranger over a ray allen kick out 3. I don't see it as a big deal. You win a lot more games playing like lebron than carmelo (since thats what you're advocating).

Yeah, with Lebron playing like he does you win with blowouts. but when things are close in crunch time, I'd take Carmelo, because he isn't afraid to choose something else except the safest choice. Did you see the space Spurs gave Lebron INSIDE the three point line? :eek:

Lebron looks like genius when shots fall? He is reluctant to take a shot if it isn't guaranteed to fall! defence knows he is always going to look to kick out to Allen, and Lebron isn't surprising them by actually taking over, which he can. A more assertive Lebron penetrating or having enough skill/concentration to hit the shots he is given is better than kicking out to Allen.

And its not as if he was looking for Allen to shoot the three, he was looking for anyone but himself. fact is Lebron doesn't take enough shots during the stretch. He plays differently when things are going well and when things are going badly. He doesnt go from strength to strenght when faced with a challenge. you can see it clearly.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah, with Lebron playing like he does you win with blowouts. but when things are close in crunch time, I'd take Carmelo, because he isn't afraid to choose something else except the safest choice. Did you see the space Spurs gave Lebron INSIDE the three point line? :eek:

Lebron looks like genius when shots fall? He is reluctant to take a shot if it isn't guaranteed to fall! defence knows he is always going to look to kick out to Allen, and Lebron isn't surprising them by actually taking over, which he can. A more assertive Lebron penetrating or having enough skill/concentration to hit the shots he is given is better than kicking out to Allen.

And its not as if he was looking for Allen to shoot the three, he was looking for anyone but himself. fact is Lebron doesn't take enough shots during the stretch. He plays differently when things are going well and when things are going badly. He doesnt go from strength to strenght when faced with a challenge. you can see it clearly.

i completely disagree

end of day miami did get the shots they WANTED. They didn't make them.

Battier and Chalmers both hit well over 40% from 3 point spots they took, and went like 4-13.

and again you're wrong. Lebron is the most clutch player in NBA. That's a statistical fact-
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...s-strategy/?smid=tw-fivethirtyeight&seid=auto

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...miami-heat-clutch-performances-winning-streak

and to put it as OPENLY as possible-
The N.B.A. keeps statistics on what it calls “clutch time” performance, which it defines as situations in the last five minutes of the game when the score is within five points or less. In these cases, representing 176 total minutes of play, the Heat outscored their opponents 427 to 294. That’s the equivalent of beating an opponent 116-80 per 48 minutes, the length of a full N.B.A. game.

They have highest shooting percentage, most points per possession and basically every offensively defineable stat in clutch situations. Close games.

You're trolling if you don't think Lebron is clutch. That's definition of clutch play.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i just don't se an argument. If you don't like lebron's game, go ahead. Don't like it.

I LOVE his game. Any real basketball purist would. He's basically a coaches dream. Makes great decision.

He's always looking to make his teammates better, and thats evident by fact his teams always have among the best records, no matter who he's playing with.

He effects the game in a wider variety of ways than any player i've ever seen

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whatever. I know what I saw yesterday, and many other time in the finals/playoff games where Lebron played. Clutch is not statistical drivel. its what Parker did yesterday, which is something Lebron NEVER did.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Whatever. I know what I saw yesterday, and many other time in the finals/playoff games where Lebron played. Clutch is not statistical drivel. its what Parker did yesterday, which is something Lebron NEVER did.

lol

but he has done it

more often then parker.

you're trolling like all lebron haters do. Show up when he loses, which isn't very often. It's annoying. Actually it's REALLY annoying.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
i like lebron...great player...great to watch. even when he decided to "take his talents to miami"

but i don't see the heat winning this. the spurs just have it this year :star:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lebron choked in the 2011 final that was absolutely pathetic from him. In this one, he is not really choking. He is just not playing well by his standards. He is not shooting the ball well. He is too passive.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
and this is a big reason why i defend lebron.

never seen any top caliber athlete get so heavily trolled/attacked after every loss as lebron.

Twitter goes off in most ridiculous ways

It goes both ways. He is as over-criticize as he is over glorified.

Schedule