Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Lisa said:
A min into injury time and RvN puts RM up 2-1.

ft Real Betis 1-2 Real Madrid
:star: That guy is just amazing.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
goal for henry 1-1

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol

90'+7 The referee has blown for full-time without Espanyol kicking off again to add to the controversy and the players race for the tunnel as the Barça fans celebrate in the corner.
90'+6 GOOOLLL!!! - Messi has held his nerve and rolled the ball in and the Barça players race to their fans to celebrate.
90'+6 Penalty Goal Messi L.
90'+5 PENALTY!!! - In the very last minute of the game Eto'o has been brought down in the area by Pareja and the referee has pointed to the spot.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
f@cking barca won-unfair!!!
there was never a penalty!!!! :mad:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
dev1L said:
that team is like diarrhea, annoying :o

you are so right!!!!
they despise me-no style,no class!!!

only the leftover of their previous 2 years when Ronaldinho was a star!!!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Valencia 4-2 Deportivo ft
Moretti 11' o.g., Mata 35', David Villa 49' 81', Joaquin 68'
Lafita 85'

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Laporta defends Barcelona
Published: September 28, 2008

BARCELONA, Spain: FC Barcelona holds no responsibility for the crowd trouble that halted the club's Spanish league match against city rival Espanyol, club president Joan Laporta said.

Referee Luis Medina Cantalejo halted Saturday's match for 10 minutes during the second half after Barcelona supporters in the upper tier of Espanyol's Lluis Companys Olympic Stadium threw flares at rival fans below.

Some Espanyol fans broke a fence and spilled onto the field in an attempt to escape from the flares.

"People were yelling at me as if I was responsible for what was happening," said Laporta, who pointed the finger at the stadium's security services. "I only told them that we hold no responsibility and that Barca takes the necessary measures so that the violent (fans) don't enter."

Barcelona won the match 2-1. (AP)

Unbelievable. It's the extremist assholes like these thugs who are going to ultimately kill the game if this nonsense isn't brought under control.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Lisa said:
Valencia 4-2 Deportivo ft
Moretti 11' o.g., Mata 35', David Villa 49' 81', Joaquin 68'
Lafita 85'
good to see Valencia on winning ways again, I have a real soft spot for them, they are my 2nd favorite team but by a large margin. Its good to see symbols like Villa and Silva turn down big offers and help to bring back the club to the heights it reached a few seasons back, if Villa leaves, I pray to god, that he sends him to Milanello.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Twizzle said:
am I the only Sevilla fan here ?

probably :)

Villa is on fire man,he`s gonna bring the title to mestalia this season :star:

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Joaquin scored, and he didn't look happy. He also added an assist on Mata's goal. I hope the new coach will have faith in him and bring his old days back, like he was at Betis.

Go Joaquin ! :star:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Twizzle said:
am I the only Sevilla fan here ?
Most of indeed have a thing for another club - Milan.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I like Sevilla too, I appreciate attractive football and both Valencia and Sevilla know how to do that, also Espanyol.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Madrid Seek Defensive Depth - Report

According to Diario Sport, Real Madrid president Ramón Calderón is thinking once more of life after Fabio Cannavaro, and is thus looking for an additional centre-back...

Argentine international Ezequiel Garay is largely seen as Cannavaro's successor in a white shirt; the newly-signed Madrid man is on loan at Racing, but his arrival at the Bernabéu in summer should coincide with Fabio's departure.

The veteran Italian's contract runs out midway through 2009, and though Garay will most likely serve as a straight swap, there is still room for improvement in a Madrid back line that some say lacks depth in the middle.

Thus it is thought that Madrid are seeking an option to compete with Pepe and Garay for a starting berth, and at present there are two main targets.

The first, Daniel Agger, is a 23-year-old Dane who plays for Liverpool. Rumours of his unrest at Anfield abound, but while these have been downplayed by coach Rafael Benítez it remains the case that he has had few starting places this season. His contract on Merseyside expires in 2010.

Another option is Per Mertesacker of Werder Bremen. 24 years of age, the former Hannover man is a first choice at the Weserstadion and remains under contract until 2012. Consequently he may be a great deal more expensive than Agger, but he remains highly regarded by some observers in Spain.

goal

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Today its Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid ,hope Kun is gonna be on top of his game and tear barca apart :devilfir:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barca 3-0 Atletico 9'
Marquez 3', Eto'o 5' pk, Messi 8'

Nice header by Rafa. What a terrible start by Atletico.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
messi scores i had some respect for him, bitch what a fucking team barca

messi braca = puke + inter milan

3:0 for barca coupet was setting his wall and messi shows his spirit. hand of dick and now goal of ass hole. game over Athletico madrid

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
4:1 for barca what a game etoo scores :(

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Atletico's got one back scored by Maxi Rodriguez in the 13th min. As I type this, Eto'o puts Barca back up by 3.

Barca 4-1 Atletico 19'

One word for this game so far, especially if you're an Atletico supporter - fugly!

Yet another injury for Atletico, this time its Maxi Rodriguez. He's off for De las Cuevas.

Last edited:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what a game!!!
5 goals in 18 opening minutes!!!

I hate Barca!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
5:1 gud johmson :mad:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gudjohnsen's turn to score - 29'

Barca 5-1 Atletico

Wolfpac4Life

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.Baggio, Van Basten, Maradona
Great. I was looking forward to watching this match too but cudnt find a stream :rolleyes:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkk this has been a nightmare so far,i`m still hoping for a miracle :proud:

Schedule