Manuel Locatelli Thread

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Best delete this thread. He wont make it here.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He would be good with monto and mauri in a midfield trio with Honda as am

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Someone is watching Euro U19 ?

Locatelli is good or bench player ?

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Someone is watching Euro U19 ?

Locatelli is good or bench player ?

Hard to judge him as a playmaker, the whole team struggled, they were too static and predictable, so it was too easy for opponent to block all the passing routes.

He was remarkable as an extra defender, good positioning, interceptions, tackles and work rate. Also scored a free kick.

The whole team sucked hard with the ball that they failed at scoring from open play, they only got goals from free kicks and penalties, but they were great at defending, so they reached the final.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for your review.

At least we know he has combativity and he will fight for the ball. Could be usefull.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I liked what I saw from Locatelli.

Good positioning (covered for Calabria and Romagnoli quite a few times) and simple but smart passing to keep the ball moving.

Fouled a lot but was able to dispossess Sampdoria players.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, but in those fouls you could see his inexperience and immaturity. Too many fouls in to short time just in front of our box in the final minutes...

That said I'm glad that Montella is not afraid to field youngsters and make them gain the experience they need just to learn how to avoid such misstakes. Hope to see more of Loca this season.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do not share the opinion that Locatelli had a good game or that he is ready for Serie A. He has shown that he has the ability to pick a pass, but he definitely hasn't shown (for me) that he's ready to deal with Serie A.

He's definitely not physical enough and he's not accustomed to the pace of the league. The ball almost always is won back by the opponents when we pass the ball to him. I thought he was really poor versus Sampdoria.

I hope he'll put a completely different performance versus Lazio. It's a huge risk to bench Montolivo for Locattelli but it's not like Monto's been putting in good performances.

He seems to be the only realistic hope we have to bench Montolivo until January.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the idea is that he's taking over from Montolivo. He's just giving him a rest since we're playing three times in a week.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I do not share the opinion that Locatelli had a good game or that he is ready for Serie A. He has shown that he has the ability to pick a pass, but he definitely hasn't shown (for me) that he's ready to deal with Serie A.

He's definitely not physical enough and he's not accustomed to the pace of the league. The ball almost always is won back by the opponents when we pass the ball to him. I thought he was really poor versus Sampdoria.

I hope he'll put a completely different performance versus Lazio. It's a huge risk to bench Montolivo for Locattelli but it's not like Monto's been putting in good performances.

He seems to be the only realistic hope we have to bench Montolivo until January.

Agreed. Many people hype him because they are easily wow'ed by him picking out passed since we've grown accustomed to players who can't string 3 passes together. His positioning and timing on challenges are nowhere ready and should not play in front of the defense.

If we do rest Montolivo I think it will be Sosa sitting in front of defense with Locatelli pushed up to LCM

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I actually think Zanellato has more talent than Locatelli does but Locatelli seems to be further ahead of him physically

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Manuel Locatelli Thread

Agreed. Many people hype him because they are easily wow'ed by him picking out passed since we've grown accustomed to players who can't string 3 passes together. His positioning and timing on challenges are nowhere ready and should not play in front of the defense.

If we do rest Montolivo I think it will be Sosa sitting in front of defense with Locatelli pushed up to LCM

Actually I was surprised that Loca played centrally and Monto switched to RCM against Samp when Loca came in for Sosa. I could imagine Montella goes all in and intends to play Loca in front of the defence.

I agree that he's still very raw. Against Samp in the final minutes he created more danger than prevented. However I hope that Loca will grow a lot this season. We need a vice-Monto so much…

I actually think Zanellato has more talent than Locatelli does but Locatelli seems to be further ahead of him physically

I like what we saw from Zanellato in pre-season, but he also had some up and downs and is definitely not further ahead of Loca at this moment. That sad I don't want to act like I know everything about Zanellaro only from that few things we saw, difficult to make statements about potentials imo. But yes I'm curious about the Loca 2.0 aka Jesus 2.0

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
well I think that montella is giving some playing time to locatelli until he can fit pasalic in the squad. montolivo is not able to handle a regular starter position for a whole season and pasalic has arrived just 3 weeks and being a youngster also will need some time to adapt to serie a.
so now is the time for locatelli to get some playing minutes if we want to develop him and grow. I suspect that if pasalic will show that is a player we can count on on January probably we will loan locatelli to some other serie a side.
that said, if we take into consideration that in January transfer window we will spend more on the market (hopefully) then locatelli will have very small chance to get playing time

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
give him a 5-6 games in a row and let's see what he can bring to the table... he'll make mistakes, but probably still not more than crapitano

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
give him a 5-6 games in a row and let's see what he can bring to the table... he'll make mistakes, but probably still not more than crapitano

download.png

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

people were saying the same about Ely

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he had a good game. people forget that he joined the squad after the season had started because of the u19 euros. effectively hes almost in pre season level of fitness. he needs to play more and more. 1 foul in the dying seconds put a dent in an otherwise average performance that was no worse than much more experienced midfielders.

again, you have to look at who is playing in our current midfield and ask yourself if it is not worth giving him a chance from the start.

Schedule