Samu Castillejo Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Time to start ahead of Hakan.

That makes sense, but the problem is that we won't have bench options in this case. Hakan can be okayish when starting, but he's not a game changing sub for sure.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
That makes sense, but the problem is that we won't have bench options in this case. Hakan can be okayish when starting, but he's not a game changing sub for sure.

But you're asking for trouble starting an out-of-form "okayish" starter at LW. Samu can possibly make a difference until Hakan gets back into shape.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Still think he should start over Hakan but we totally overpaid for this guy.

He is pretty much another fodder

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Not sure if he's still unsettled, if he doesn't know what Gattuso wants him to do, or if he's just shit at doing it tbh.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Doesn’t seem to have the raw pace to play as a wide left winger going to the byline. He needs to move inside and get close to the striker if he is to be useful starting from the left side

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Good workrate kid, but not good enough to be our starting LW. We need to upgrade.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good and not good enough at the same time. IMO, way too similar Suso but even more slower than Suso to pass the ball. If he could be like Callejon then he would be a better player but I do not know if he can become like that.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
some pussy

Fdke4zg.png

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Indeed there needs to be more skinny players like Samu and less of the kinds of Petagna/Higuain.

Disgusting late night eating.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
He offers nothing. Such a frustrating player, I'd rather see Bornini (which is saying something)

pkriston

Primavera
Reaction score
He isn't that bad. Hardworking and still adjusting. I hope the Borini comparisons are a joke. :lol:. I feel like he at least has a chance to make something happen on the field unlike Fabio.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Borini is definitely cleverer than him on the box. Samu is clearly more skillful, but he behaves like an amateur player once he encounters defenders. I don’t think that’s really something that can be improved now.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Knew he was mediocre after watching a few games when we signed him despite others saying the opposite. Like I said at the time, technically + physically he’s a step ahead of most players but he’s got shit for brains. He gets himself into so many good positions only to fuck it up with a piss poor final ball. That’s why Higuain was so pissed time and time again and on the verge of attacking him. If you transplanted Suso’s brains into Samu’s body we’d have one of the best wingers in the world. Instead of wasting 40m on him + Laxalt, we should’ve bought Lozano/Depay instead.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
holds the ball too much. yet to see him make a decent pass in the final third. gattuso should limit hie role to give and go player for now.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
WTF did we just witness...literally one of the worst Milan performances the last 10 years...

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
WTF did we just witness...literally one of the worst Milan performances the last 10 years...

Have to agree here. As bad as Borini is, he can be excused for lack of ability. Samu at least has some pace and dribbling ability. But credit to Alex Sandro for an immense all around fullback performance as he got into Samu's head early which made Samu panic when he got the ball.

He won't face immense fullbacks like Sandro all the time though so I won't write him off as a totally useless player to have in the squad. Seriously needs to bulk up.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Borini is definitely cleverer than him on the box. Samu is clearly more skillful, but he behaves like an amateur player once he encounters defenders. I don’t think that’s really something that can be improved now.

Clearly doesn't look comfortable taking players on vs. Borini who has much less technique.

But surprisingly, your patience is real short with Samu. Not that I think he's super talented. I simply think we spent too much money to be writing him off this early considering the losses we have taken on players in recent years.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
he reminds me of bona but without any of his good qualities. taking forever to do something with the ball. he is one of our fast players yet slows us down more than anyone else.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Clearly doesn't look comfortable taking players on vs. Borini who has much less technique.

But surprisingly, your patience is real short with Samu. Not that I think he's super talented. I simply think we spent too much money to be writing him off this early considering the losses we have taken on players in recent years.

Players have core qualities which stays the same through their career with limited changes, and they have other qualities that can improve significantly with the right coaching.

With Castillejo, I find many of the core qualities lacking to succeed in Serie A.

We should sell him to la liga before he loses his value further.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
loan back to a Spanish team to raise his value

then sell in the summer

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why is he getting so much hate? Probably this is the same fans who wanted to send Baka back to Chelsea after 2 month. Some people never learn. He didn't look hopeless, just give him some time to adapt to new country and league

Last edited: