Italian Football Thread III

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
It actually works to our advantage the less teams (i know it sounds weird) that are in Europe, though it would have been really nice getting those initial points. That's actually part of the reason we did so well in Europe last year. If roma can avoid choking for one God damn season and/or not get the death group in cl, it won't be bad. My worry is fio because they're squad right now is pretty... Meh despite having a good coach. It doesnt help that juve lost their major players.

Roma is the team in the CL that we should pin our hopes on, and maybe napoli or lazio in the EL.

It works if the teams qualify. Torino over achieving was the best thing for coeffs last season.

Roma is a pot 3 club at best. End up in EL most probably like last year.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
It works if the teams qualify. Torino over achieving was the best thing for coeffs last season.

Roma is a pot 3 club at best. End up in EL most probably like last year.

Yeah, that's why I said it would have really helped of they qualified first. Damn shame. What are the hypothetical match ups for roma? Are their chances in terms of who they get in the group stages really that bad?

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Grazie for the coefficients Sampdoria.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
See? I wasnt joking when I said England will expand their lead by at lead 3 point this season. This is the reality people, face it.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Shitty? While we're stuck with Zaccardo, Boli and Monto and can only let Essien, Muntari... leave on free after paying them full wage for years?

They will sell, underpriced but will sell. I'd like to see some balls from our mgm too.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
sampdoria 1 down

I was thinking where had I heard of this team before (FC Vojvodina).... lo and behold our very own Sinisa Mihajlovic used to play for them before he moved to Red Star Belgrade :)

22-Sinisa+MIHAJLOVIC+Panini+Vojvodine+1991.png

With Miha in their team they didn't even need a starting XI.... 9 would suffice as they went onto win the league :proud:

Navala-1989.jpg

Idk what this has to do with the rest... but it looked a nice pic

miha-kosan-dzaja-300x221.jpg

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Roma getting Sczsesny is a stupid move.
Really inconsistent last year and overall I don't think he's top quality, a team wanting to win/finish top 2 in the League need a really safe pair of hands in goal and this will be their downfall again this season.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
See? I wasnt joking when I said England will expand their lead by at lead 3 point this season. This is the reality people, face it.

This season, PL will have an 8th team in Europe because of Fair Play regulations, meaning the country/league points will have to be divided by 8.

Unless most of their teams get to at least the quarter finals in their respective competition, it will be hard for them to get a higher average score then Serie A. That is of course assuming that SA doesn't go full ****** this season in Europe.

As of this upcoming season, PL has a 3 points lead against SA.

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
This season, PL will have an 8th team in Europe because of Fair Play regulations, meaning the country/league points will have to be divided by 8.

Unless most of their teams get to at least the quarter finals in their respective competition, it will be hard for them to get a higher average score then Serie A. That is of course assuming that SA doesn't go full ****** this season in Europe.

As of this upcoming season, PL has a 3 points lead against SA.

Yep. Not to mention, coeffecient wise, were 3 points behind the premier league. Seriously, if we repeat something like last season, 4th cl spot will be ours.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't understand Juventus decision to buy Dybala and sell Berardi for 1/3 of the price

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Well if Roma & Lazio both drop down to the europa aswell & do well, it's very possible

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I didn't understand Juventus decision to buy Dybala and sell Berardi for 1/3 of the price

I think Berardi has a buy-back option. Basically just parked him to Sassuolo for a season. IIRC.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Changes to Serie A bans
By Football Italia staff

The rules have changed in Serie A this season, so players will only be suspended after picking up five yellow cards.

The same adjustments apply to Serie B, Lega Pro and Serie D.

From 2015-16, players will only be suspended after five yellow cards rather than four.

After the initial ban, players will be stopped after another five bookings, then another five, but then four, three, two and eventually just one.

This is to discourage repeat offenders.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Berardi has a buy-back option. Basically just parked him to Sassuolo for a season. IIRC.

Yes that is correct. A relatively low one as well, it's around 18m IIRC

Good business. It's also worth noting Berrardi wanted to stay at Sassuolo for now

Poker

Man of the Match
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, Serginho, Maldini, Seedorf,SeS, T.Silva, Ibrahimovic, Pjanic, Verratti,Salah
i think next season is time for Roma....I really like their work and project:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
So a 4 point coefficient gap will fall off the calculation after this year between England and Italy which is the current gap... Essentially, if the Italian teams can grab more coefficient points this year, 4 spots will open up again for serie a...

hmm.....

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
So a 4 point coefficient gap will fall off the calculation after this year between England and Italy which is the current gap... Essentially, if the Italian teams can grab more coefficient points this year, 4 spots will open up again for serie a...

hmm.....

Won't happen IMO. Sampdoria already lost 4-0 to a no name team at home and they will be part of the co-efficient denominator without winning any points

The truth is that people make a mistake by wishing shit teams to qualify for Europe. Pulling for shit teams to qualify for Europe = wanting Italy to continue losing spots and coefficients

The 7 constant European teams from Italy should be Milan, Juventus, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina and Lazio

Anyother team makes it hard for Italy to regain the 4th spot (Torino had an exceptional year last year but still)

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Won't happen IMO. Sampdoria already lost 4-0 to a no name team at home and they will be part of the co-efficient denominator without winning any points

The truth is that people make a mistake by wishing shit teams to qualify for Europe. Pulling for shit teams to qualify for Europe = wanting Italy to continue losing spots and coefficients

The 7 constant European teams from Italy should be Milan, Juventus, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina and Lazio

Anyother team makes it hard for Italy to regain the 4th spot (Torino had an exceptional year last year but still)
Sig bet?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

hmm.....

#essentially

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If you lose, you have to wear a sig named 'pubes'

:lol:

But seriously, serie A is on the coefficient rise

Serie A had a good year. Others had a bad one. If it's actually on the rise and sustainable remains to be seen. Wouldn't bet on it.

Schedule