The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 12-01-2019, 19:51   #681
Chiko
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Do you understand the game without looking at the formation?

Borini in, borini moved to lw and hakan to lcm.

Need further explanation?
What does that have to do with anything. Hakan has played in midfield is what Iím telling you. Read to understand and not respond. LCM is a FIFA term btw and I fully understand what it means. Left side of the midfield.

Hakan played in LCM before. With a winger to his left, LW. He wasnít good. He was in this instance. Thatís all. But doesnít mean he should play in midfield now is all Iím saying.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 19:54   #682
milanista_
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
How did Paqueta play? I couldn't start watching until the 80th minute.
Kind of ok for being his first match in Europe. But he needs to show up more and show that he wants the ball. He played too easy tonight.
milanista_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 20:35   #683
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
higuain should change the role and play the false 9 instead. we could use his quality in the build up. he is too impatient to play number 9 for us. he is best in our team in terms of quickly spreading the play and sees useful passes which likes of chala and samu never see. but we still need goal scoring wingers for that.

This is what Gattuso wants him to do, but he stays too far ahead for large portions of the match, where none of our players can find him without being blocked by defenders. Moreover, he seems to have lost the ability to move around in the penalty box. He always stays central now, making the CBsí job easy.

Anyway, I think heíll be gone by the end of the month. Finding a forward who can play behind Cutrone might be the clever thing to do.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 20:50   #684
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Finding a forward who can play behind Cutrone might be the clever thing to do.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 21:04   #685
Il grande Milan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_dk View Post
Looking for sheva 2.0
Il grande Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 21:58   #686
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

but who ??
Neruda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 21:59   #687
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

dybala
Neruda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 23:02   #688
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanista_ View Post
Kind of ok for being his first match in Europe. But he needs to show up more and show that he wants the ball. He played too easy tonight.
Many times he did call for the ball but teammates bypassed him or just didnt try to find him and just passed back.

He did play advanced at times giving another player in the box and he did track back but didnt tackle too much (if any that I saw). Showed his trademark step on the ball and release and also had some nice give and go's

He also ran a fair amount and won a few headers.

Cant wait to see him with Suso and Conti as well and if we get a competent LW
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 23:06   #689
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
It is hard to score those. But its where you use yr brain, it was indirect, so when hakan was rolled the ball he in turn shudve rolled it to sum1 else who was free... 1/2 were better placed for a shot. Dumb!
What wouldve been cute was whomever was standing on the ball (cant remember now) doing a backheel to Cutrone to smash it in
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 08:56   #690
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Summary:

Here again my 2 cents:

- A win is always good.

- Lots of positives, but also quite some negatives.

- Positive? Paqueta's sense of 1 touch and pass the ball, Conti's return.

- Negatives? Quite a few fuckups by our 2 CBs, Bakayoko again losing the ball in the middle therefore creating chances for the other team, Kessie's consistency.

- Reina? Solid 99% of the time.

- Abate? I gotta say solid but there is something that I not like.

- Zapata? Some fuckups in the first half, some in the second.

- Romagnoli? Quite frankly I think he is too good to have a solid/average performance with so many fuckups. He looks a bit unsettled after coming back from injury.

- Rodriguez? Solid.

- Kessie? Kept things simple. Sometimes he gets lost on the field though I think it is because Bakayoko too many times is the one that went pressing at Sampdoria's defenders. One awful long pass in the first pass and 1 great long pass from the right to the left in the second half.

- Bakayoko? Another good performance in general, I do not like that he is the one pressing leaving our middle exposed however my major beef with him is when he over dribbles and losses the ball causing problems for our team.

- Paqueta? I kiked what I watched. Good 1-2 passes. Solid tactically, knew how and when to defend and made life easier for Hakan.

- Castillejo? When he keeps things simple, he is pretty good. On the other hand when he hold the ball too long he becomes a very poor version of Suso.

- Higuain? Did enough to get a passing grade on my book but I do not know until the end of the mercato.

- Hakan? He is the KEY WORD of our season CONSISTENCY. Hakan is obviously our best passer and he was more free today because Paqueta actually defends.

Subs:

- Borini? Nothing to say but he did his job.

- Conti? I might need to rewatch the game again. Missed the game because work, I watched the game almost until midnight and Cutrone's first goal and my eyes gave up.

- Cutrone? Kid is special but needs to develop even more. Look at Petagna now. Petagna was not even good as Cutrone but watch him now.

Signature
"If ignorance is bliss; then, knock the smile off my face"
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 13:48   #691
Phantomx
Only Milan

Sky - Paqueta will play against Juve in the Super Cup

Signature
Un sogno Per AlcuniÖUn incubo Per Altri

Phantomx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 14:08   #692
Thenebra