The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Well the exorcism of Roma worked.
Am so proud like the day i pulled Pirlo from Leaf.
One more demon to pull out of you & your soul will be saved.
Would you please pull yourself out of otamendi's ass

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I love how Tomori has basically made a Thiago Silvaesque start with ridiculously superior physical ability vs any player he's faced, but we're still treated to this smorgus board of arguments of supposed weaknesses. "He may be fast, but he's not good in the air" "He may be fast, but who the fuck does he think he his showing up here as a Milan CB?" etc etc. Shut the fuck up losers.

This guy is the soundest possible spending of 28m, and Maldini will probably get it even lower, spread over years.

This guy was "bought" to displace Romagnoli. This summer it will be final. Him and Kjaers backups? That's right, Kalulu and Gabbia, two players proved to be up to the task of playing CB here. The future CB pairing is obvious. Tomorikalulu, sounds like a honeymoon destination.

PS: Lol, called honeymoon wedding moon:lol:

This isn't your best work man.
Tomori has looked good so far.
Have you seen what a bad game from him looks like?
How about his worst game?
And how many bad vs good will he have in a single season.

Ppl are getting incredibly carried away because Romagnoli got destroyed by Lukaku. I have always said that judging a defender is more difficult because he has to keep up his level for the whole game whereas an attacker only needs a couple of successes.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Ppl are getting incredibly carried away because Romagnoli got destroyed by Lukaku.

Ahh no.

I've said he's shit since .... 2017.

And remove experts on Roma quote from yout sig.

You are actually making necro look right for once. :fp:

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Ahh no.

I've said he's shit since .... 2017.

Yeah, but he wasn't shit in 2017. He's shit in 2021.

I have a hot take, Kessie is shit... let that marinate for infinity and one day it will be true (maybe).

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

I have a hot take, Kessie is shit... let that marinate for infinity and one day it will be true (maybe).

Nope. He was tripe in 2017.

He was also surrounded by a bit more tripe so attention was deflected.

No need for a slimy rewrite of history. All his performances have been recorded. Someone needs to just read his thread from back then to see what "romastori' as he was called, was all about.

His apologists have diminished now that he is no longer a "potential".

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Just realised, wtf are "we" even talking about. :fp:

Roma vs Lukaku here and now ?

Bitch please. This is a guy who has been hamrolled by world class talent like Welbeck, Destro, Tomiyasu, Insigne, Roberto fucking Ingliese and the list goes on ...

So he can't deal with physicality and he cant deal with pace.... The only two qualities that make modern day strikers. Lmfao :lol:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
The polarization of RnB is secondary to none.

RnB summary: Romagnoli is trash, Tomori is gawd...

OK... no..

Romagnoli isn't trash but he is also not turning out to be good enough to be the main CB and captain for the next climb in quality we want to make, this is likely where his progress halts. We could change formation or style of play to better suit him of course like under Rino, but if we found something that works and its the way we want to build the team now then unfortunately Romagnoli has to be a casualty because if we stay with a high line, then he just flat out doesn't cut it anymore and the criticism, while definitely too harsh, is still justified. Quite simply, he hasn't stepped up when we needed him in big moments this season (only game he did was v. Inter in the Coppa and I'd much rather that performance in the league).

Tomori some are saying has had an amazing start.... For real? He's played pretty well and hasn't made any crucial mistakes in 3 starts not exactly against top competition (Crotone, Bologna, and Red Star) and 2 sub appearances (Spezia, Inter). He has looked solid in challenges, but has sometimes gone too far up leaving the area behind exposed. He also moved out of the way of the second Spezia goal (a great shot to be fair) rather than moving his head towards it when it was coming towards him. That said, no real major mistakes but no breathtaking displays either. His best game was against Inter in the Coppa as him and Romagnoli actually played very well together (both inter's goals were BS... fake penalty on Barella and soft foul by Meite on Lautaro to win the free kick). Overall, Tomori has some really good raw athleticism and talent, but he has a lot to prove yet to say he's had an amazing start. I am excited by his prospects and have really high hopes for him, but man it is crazy how people are already declaring him our best defender (completely forgetting how amazing Kjaer has been for us for his entire tenure with us until his back injury recently). Not saying he can't become our best defender but cmon guys give the guy some time. See how his performances look week in and week out then make a solid judgement. It scares me how bipolar people are because the second he has a bad game the same people are likely to call for his head. Chill dudes, and let the guy play and show us what he's got.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, he must work on his athleticism. It's very poor :)

He hardly lasts more than 70 min in Serie A before he becomes Zombie-Ibra, at the pace and intensity at the highest level he would be dead before half time. Doesn?t take anything away from his quality at that age, but he simply is way past his prime.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Would you please pull yourself out of otamendi's ass
Ok babe ....

6f512e2523d2e40802396237112d23ff.jpg

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ppl are getting incredibly carried away because Romagnoli got destroyed by Lukaku. I have always said that judging a defender is more difficult because he has to keep up his level for the whole game whereas an attacker only needs a couple of successes.

Important thing is that Roma doesnt deserve to start over any of our CDs which include Tomo.
By how margin he is worse it doesnt matter.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

But he had the same flaws as today.
So in a way he didnt evolve one bit.
Its true that a a player cant get faster or jump higher with experience.
But good CDs usually develop other skills to compensate like anticipation , composure & positioning and Roma simply didnt do that.

Kess within two years in Milan showed his worth while Roma in six years still didnt so this Kess also used to be shit doesnt mean shit.

Last edited:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

my friend, Romagnoli got destroyed by almost every striker.

Lukaku in particular has been toying him every time they met.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Important thing is that Roma doesnt deserve to start over any of our CDs which include Tomo.
By how margin he is worse it doesnt matter.

There isn't any CB deserving to start over Roma either.
They are all not too far apart, and all have flaws.

I like Tomori but people trying to argue away his arial weakness are ridiculous, same goes for Kalulu as a CB.
Roma is not pacy or aggressive but he has the aerial strength, slide tackle, build up and is more careful in pushing up.

In the end it is about finding the best combination of players, especially in defense the collective is really important. Roma and Tomori compliment each other best by far. Gabbia would potentially be great too in Roma?s place, once he has more experience.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
my friend, Romagnoli got destroyed by almost every striker.

Lukaku in particular has been toying him every time they met.

how people dont remember this - 4 years ago (think congo loves pavoletti since then?!), nothing changed.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

:lol::lol::lol:

Please lawd our heavenly Father.

I just have one wish. Milan beat red star and draw Leicester in europa league. All I want in life is to see Jamie vardy go full tilt at romagnoli in a counter.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol:

Please lawd our heavenly Father.

I just have one wish. Milan beat red star and draw Leicester in europa league. All I want in life is to see Jamie vardy go full tilt at romagnoli in a counter.

Let?s see how Tomori does in an aerial duel against Dzeko ... that's about the same quality of a scenario.

Besides that ... which CB can outrun Vardy? Tomori maybe, but definitely not most CB be it Kjaer, Skriniar etc.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What really makes Lukaku and Martinez so difficult to defend under Conte is that they start very deep which means often you cannot use an offside trap against them or narrow the space around them, especially when combined with the catenaccio tactics overstretching your team.

People laugh at Roma and Kjaer for their pace but in reality that's an tactical and midfield problem, otherwise every fast striker would beat 90% of CB all the time which obviously is not the case ... and even faster CB are still one of the slower positions on the field, apart from complete atypical ones like Tomori.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
how people dont remember this - 4 years ago (think congo loves pavoletti since then?!), nothing changed.

Wow , who was that , Ronaldo or Messi ?!!!!
Oh wait , its Pavoletti :fp:

I like Tomori but people trying to argue away his arial weakness are ridiculous, same goes for Kalulu as a CB.
Roma is not pacy or aggressive but he has the aerial strength, slide tackle, build up and is more careful in pushing up.

In the end it is about finding the best combination of players, especially in defense the collective is really important. Roma and Tomori compliment each other best by far. Gabbia would potentially be great too in Roma?s place, once he has more experience.
Lets agree to disagree then.
PS : check above.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary

Lol if you have slow rogma with aging kjaer, its obvious you have to drop one of them, and team very predictable lately is icing in the cake.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol if you have slow rogma with aging kjaer, its obvious you have to drop one of them, and team very predictable lately is icing in the cake.

I agree, Kjaer should be dropped in favor of Tomori in my opinion. I really like Tomori and see great potential in him.
Kjaer for me is the perfect 3rd CB long term.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Let?s see how Tomori does in an aerial duel against Dzeko ... that's about the same quality of a scenario.

Besides that ... which CB can outrun Vardy? Tomori maybe, but definitely not most CB be it Kjaer, Skriniar etc.

No, it's not. But there's no point arguing about this.

Kjaer is a starter as he's our undisputed number 1 defender.

Kjaer tomori is the ideal duo followed by kjaer gabbia, kjaer kalulu and finally kjaer alone with milan a man down.

Romagnoli has no place at this level and if he ends up at a club his level he won't be playing in Europa league. So before that happens , I just want him to get smashed one more time from one of Europe's finest pace merchants.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I can't respect a slow player who gets slower at 26 years old. It's unacceptable. His lack of pace is something he should have worked on since a long time back, it's what a captain would have done. Feels like he's 34 and not 26.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, it's not. But there's no point arguing about this.

Kjaer is a starter as he's our undisputed number 1 defender.

Kjaer tomori is the ideal duo followed by kjaer gabbia, kjaer kalulu and finally kjaer alone with milan a man down.

Romagnoli has no place at this level and if he ends up at a club his level he won't be playing in Europa league. So before that happens , I just want him to get smashed one more time from one of Europe's finest pace merchants.

since when :lol::lol::lol:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
I can't respect a slow player who gets slower at 26 years old. It's unacceptable. His lack of pace is something he should have worked on since a long time back, it's what a captain would have done. Feels like he's 34 and not 26.

did he seem 34 before the injury last july?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In many ways this was the season which actually counted for Romagnoli. He was the saviour among mediocrities since he signed, he even had the "next big Italian CB" stamp, and when the team took the next level he was supposed to be a stayer and a prop in that machinery. Over his career in Milan he has displayed several signs of being a skilled enough defender to compensate for his mistakes.

However, when Pioli, combined with Maldinis mercatos, took this team into modernity Romagnoli was one of the question marks. With a high line and higher tempo his skillset was looking doubtful. He returned and formed a strong partnership with Kjaer(a really solid one), and then he fell injured again. This season is where all the doubts would be erased and he would take his rightful place. And guess what? That didn't materialize at all, not even a little bit. He's been floundering since returning and is looking more like a problem than a solution. I've been behind him because he's displayed plenty of promise as a defender before. Good positioning, good reader of the game, strong in the air, physically strong(yes, Ronin) and able on the ball. His pace is looking like his doom at this point, but we're(I as well) making him out as a bigger scapegoat than he possibly deserves. No player deserves to be forced to flaunt their mistakes, this is what happened in the derby. Or maybe Romagnoli actually asked to mark Lukaku and failed miserably.

My patience is up. Speed is too important.
Fairly put

I have to say that I have a lot of respect for Romagnoli, the person. When he was very asked in many good places all over Europe and ChinaMilan was hitting rock bottom - in that summer shortly before the first rumors of someone taking over came up - he was the only player to take a pen in his hand and put his signature on a renewal.

Fairly put criticism like yours Hitchens is okay and important. But some posts I read here really cross the line and show very little respect in return for the respect and attachment he always has shown us, the fans, and the club.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Fairly put But some posts I read here really cross the line and show very little respect in return for the respect and attachment he always has shown us, the fans, and the club.

That's because there are people here that are a) always out to prove a point even if it's to go against our players and such or b) they enjoy Milan doing poorly, players struggling etc.

It's obvious even if Romagnoli isn't at the level some expected, or has regressed and isn't doing well, that certain posters enjoy this fact to use it on the forum to fuel the fire.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :lol:

Since he came here, I thought that was universally accepted here... since when it is a debate?

yeah, Kjaer being our best CB is why we went for RCBs exclusively in winter ...

Apart from management I don't see Kjaer as the best CB personally, doesn't mean that he is bad though, especially for a low cost transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule