The Rumour Commode XXVI: March Fourth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I don't understand how we can't just sign Cebellos and Torreira.

Arsenal aren't at all keen to sell Torreira and there are 100 clubs circling Ceballos with many different purchase formulations, plus he's currently focussing on playing at a tournament. Things take time.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Don't rate Torreira but rate broken De Rossi. :lol:

don't rate torreira. from what I have seen he is average :lol:. plus it's not like he is a new easier or makelele. so shut your trap.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
De Rossi is washed for years.

And I can't believe that people want washed 36yo guy with chronic problems with injuries. And if it wasn't enough, they're totally fine to give him 3,5m. What a clowns. :lol:

If we want role model in the locker room, let's bring some ex retired player. For free. :o

Maldini himself went through ridiculous injury spells at and after that age and was still able to be decisive and have a good season again.

I'm sure DDR himself and Maldini will know better than us what can be expected from him. If he thought he was finished, he'd retire - he's not going to want to be forced out of his beloved Roma and then go and play at a shit level for a midtable club and spend the whole season in the treatment room.

Inzaghi92

Beginner
Reaction score
The thing people don't seem to fathom only Selling clubs sell for really high prices, because it is what they are good at, being a play ground for future stars, but everyone knows Milan will only sell because they really need funds, so selling high is going to be tough considering everyone and their grandma knows that Milan is not in a good place financially, so we are really lucky if we sold Donna for 60M, if we were in a similar situation as Real Madrid, we are selling players for the sake of selling them nothing more, where we don't have to raise money to avoid sanctions, then it is a different story.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The thing people don't seem to fathom only Selling clubs sell for really high prices, because it is what they are good at, being a play ground for future stars, but everyone knows Milan will only sell because they really need funds, so selling high is going to be tough considering everyone and their grandma knows that Milan is not in a good place financially, so we are really lucky if we sold Donna for 60M, if we were in a similar situation as Real Madrid, we are selling players for the sake of selling them nothing more, where we don't have to raise money to avoid sanctions, then it is a different story.

But clubs also see that Milan has some options of players to sell.

If a club low-balls on Donnarumma too much then Milan would prefer to sell Cutrone and Kessie or Suso, so it still has to be a very enticing offer to take Milan's prized asset.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
don't rate torreira. from what I have seen he is average :lol:. plus it's not like he is a new easier or makelele. so shut your trap.

what is wrong with you? Torreira is a fucking boss :fp:

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The move for DDR sounds like a bad idea but somehow I have a good gut feeling about it.

Perfectly put :lol: .

My brain is saying: bad idea.

My gut is saying: this could be the Pirlo move Juve pulled off half a decade ago.

I mean he's free. If he'd come on let's say 3M a year, it would cost us 6M gross per year. On a two-year-deal that would be 12M in total. Not that much. But wages don't affect FFP anyway I think, so...

IMO it could be that sort of gamble that's worth taking. Not much to loose, but a lot to win.

That's actually a really strong midfield. I obviously wouldn't say no to ceballos, I just think it's difficult to get him and torreira in the same window, and if I had to pick I'd go with torreira since bakayoko is gone.

That midfield really is sexy though. Only other concern is that it's made up of all new players, so it's gonna take them a while to click.

If I have to bet though, I say its gonna be either your midfield or mine. Hopefully yours lol but mine is easier to get!

I think there is a realistic chance to get Ceballos. At least if Maldini and Boban really went out there to discuss about him. I mean only journalist will sell you the story that they went to Real without knowing if there is even a realistic chance or base to discuss on to get their targets.

Saying: If they went there, they already discussed very well which players could be transfered and on which formulas and prises. They surely didn't go to Madrid only to discover uppon arrival that there is no chance to get their targets.

So something is in the making. Whether it's Ceballos or Hernandez or another target we don't know about :)

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Milan will have a direct contact with Arsenal by the end of the week for Torreira. Discussions with the player's agent Oscar Bentancourt has already begun and will continue. Milan count on Gazidis and Torreira and his wife's will to leave England and move to Milano [GdS]

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Veretout should decide his future today - whether to join Milan or Roma. His agent met with Roma yesterday and analysed the 2 offers. It seems that Roma's contract offer is better, but the player is also tempted by Milan's project.

[Gazzetta dello Sport]

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Chiellini - de Ligt
Koulibaly - Manolas
Godin - Skriniar

:eek::eek:

But we had Romagnoli - Bonucci and look how that ended up... I'll judge how good those CB pairings are when they actually play together.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I mean he's free. If he'd come on let's say 3M a year, it would cost us 6M gross per year. On a two-year-deal that would be 12M in total. Not that much. But wages don't affect FFP anyway I think, so...

Yes they do. The only things that are not included are things that develop a club; youth programs and stadiums.

I think I would still take De Rossi in any case, especially if it was possible to get rid of Biglia.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"Torreira is average"

People not watching football talking about football.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The two factors Milan could play on to bring Torreira:

• Torreira wants to return to Italy, where he would reunite with Giampaolo. His agent and wife pushing for a move to Italy

• Former Arsenal CEO Gazidis could use contacts with Arsenal to facilitate negotiations

[via GdS]

Gazidis, channel your inner prime-Galliani , put on that yellow tie... make it happen.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

My gut is saying: this could be the Pirlo move Juve pulled off half a decade ago.

IMO it could be that sort of gamble that's worth taking. Not much to loose, but a lot to win.

This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. A 36 year old injury prone bench player from Roma on high wages could be the Pirlo move Juve pulled off? HOW? Pirlo was the main guy for five scudetti or something, DDR will sit on our bench and collect cash.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time. A 36 year old injury prone bench player from Roma on high wages could be the Pirlo move Juve pulled off? HOW? Pirlo was the main guy for five scudetti or something, DDR will sit on our bench and collect cash.

Yeah... DDR was a great player but due to his injuries and age he hardly has two seasons left in him. Pirlo was on a different level and could carry a team unlike DDR.

Only thing I see is him coming in as Biglia replacement in that he's experienced and injury-prone.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
:star: :star: :star: Romania U21 team :star: :star: :star:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think there is a realistic chance to get Ceballos. At least if Maldini and Boban really went out there to discuss about him. I mean only journalist will sell you the story that they went to Real without knowing if there is even a realistic chance or base to discuss on to get their targets.

Saying: If they went there, they already discussed very well which players could be transfered and on which formulas and prises. They surely didn't go to Madrid only to discover uppon arrival that there is no chance to get their targets.

So something is in the making. Whether it's Ceballos or Hernandez or another target we don't know about :)

I think FFP counts everything besides non-sporting expenses (like stadiums, etc)

Kabak, Theo and two of Praet, Veretout and Torreira. Sounds good to me. I’m optimistic about Andre Silva, but we still need a backup like Kouame.

Not sure how much we need to sell to finance that. Hope we don’t sell Donnarumma and that he extends, but I can’t see how we can afford those players without selling him.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

You sound like an old Ladri fan back in 2011 who are about to sign a finished and old Pirlo as a free agent on high wages. :monto:

I dont want DDR, but you never know in football what the outcome of signing a new player will be.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You sound like an old Ladri fan back in 2011 who are about to sign a finished and old Pirlo as a free agent on high wages. :monto:

I dont want DDR, but you never know in football what the outcome of signing a new player will be.

yeah, you don't want DDR. enough said..

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I wouldn't mind if DDR join us....
and working in laundry department.

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
Gazidis, Maldini and Boban are taking the philosophy of grooming talents to a whole new level by grooming coaches too. DDR is the first specimen.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Theo Hernández will have to choose between Milan, Leverkusen and Napoli as they all have made offers for him. Hernández was impressed by Maldini, who assured that he'd play lots of minutes for Milan and that the project going on there is an ambitious one. [MARCA]

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Gazidis, Maldini and Boban are taking the philosophy of grooming talents to a whole new level by grooming coaches too. DDR is the first specimen.

now this would make sense, but on a 1 mil/year and he should be grateful that we allow him to enter Milanello.

justiface

Geddy Lee's Bass
Reaction score
Fav. Players
geddy lee - kaka - Georges St-Pierre - Sheva - Nesta
now this would make sense, but on a 1 mil/year and he should be grateful that we allow him to enter Milanello.

1m and he has to buy a season ticket. Else, fuck no.

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score

Better comparison could be van Bommel. He was 35 when he moved from Bayern to Milan in january 2011. And after that was crucial part of Allegri's midfield in the last Scudetto winning team.

If he stays fit (and Milan is not participating to UEL --> 1 game/week) he could be useful.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pirlo to Juve is not the same as DDR now. He was physically fine, and much younger. His only issue was motivation. DDR is really old and half broken. No thank you.

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
They report that Madrid prefer the idea of Hernandez either leaving on a two-year loan deal – like the one offered by Paolo Maldini and co. – or on a permanent deal with a repurchase option.

I don't like deal's like this at all.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
They report that Madrid prefer the idea of Hernandez either leaving on a two-year loan deal – like the one offered by Paolo Maldini and co. – or on a permanent deal with a repurchase option.

I don't like deal's like this at all.

Me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule