The Rumour Commode XXVIII: Stai Calma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why not? Even with his stunted development, he's a much better defender than Musacchio and Duarte. 3-4 years back, he looked technically superior to Romagnoli as well. There's some potential upside.
Because he's too good to be a content third choice and not good enough to be a starter in a team with our ambitions(our current season notwithstanding).

It's a poor strategic move.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Repubblica: Arnault in talks to buy #ACMilan - he wants Guardiola, Messi and to keep
San Siro

Bernard Arnault has opened up to the idea of buying AC Milan from Elliott Management, according to a report, and he has huge plans for the club if he were to take over.

It has been claimed in the media that Arnault – who recently became the richest man in fashion and has a net worth of over $102bn (as per Wikipedia) – is interested in buying the Rossoneri from Elliott.

Denials came from the Louis Vuitton group, yet more rumours then emerged claiming Arnault is still interested in the idea of buying Milan, and then unsurprisingly even more denials arrived.

So here we go again. La Repubblica have gone big with their report by claiming that pressure from economic advisors since may has forced Arnault to consider buying Milan.

If he were to take over, it would have ‘potentially sensational repercussions’: his major target would be to bring both Lionel Messi and Pep Guardiola to the club, or alternatively Kylian Mbappe and Jurgen Klopp.

The paper even quotes Arnault as having said: “If I ever had to take a step like that [buying a club], I would like the best footballer in the world and the best coach,” a clear statement of his intent.

Meanwhile, Elliott Management’s project is somewhat stalling. The mediocre results of the team, the difficulties faced with the new stadium project and the 2019 budget being €146m in the red do not help.

Meanwhile, the stagnation in sponsorships just a few months away from the expiry of the contract with Emirates, the tensions between the sporting and financial side and the weakening position of CEO Gazidis weakened just add more adversity – meaning Elliott are not willing to invest much more.

Repubblica go on to add that the potential opening of Arnault is on the table of Paul Singer, and if a sale were to happen it would be before the end of the year and dependant on San Siro.

Elliott are determined to build a new structure, while Arnault and co. would push towards a re-structuring of the current San Siro.

Conte-1911-tongue-epa.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Out of Pep and Messi or Klopp and Mbappe I'd take the latter two, without hesitation.

Anyway, Klopp, Mbappe AND KEEPING San Siro????? :eek: fucking come buy us now Arnault we need you habibi

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
April fools came early to the media.

That Pep/Messi or Klopp/Mbappe is pure bullshit of course. But there seems to be an actual interest from them to buy us. Lets hope

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
on wikipedia he's already the owner of ac milan, done deal

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Guardiola and Messi at Milan? All bets are off.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Is there any option to hide quoted posts from people I've put on my ignore list? Prime example why I dont want to see necros opinions

OMG we can't :lol: :lol: :lol:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Why not? Even with his stunted development, he's a much better defender than Musacchio and Duarte. 3-4 years back, he looked technically superior to Romagnoli as well. There's some potential upside.

Nah im good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Repubblica: Arnault in talks to buy #ACMilan - he wants Guardiola, Messi and to keep

San Siro

Conte-1911-tongue-epa.jpg

Pure fantasy.. but imagine this happens..

Mbappe Milan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn, youngfreddy lasted more than last time...

Daddy Arnault, we are waiting for you

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
La Repubblica has now gone a step further, writing how the world’s third-richest man would be prepared to spend lavishly on the likes of Messi and Guardiola - or Kylian Mbappe and Jurgen Klopp if the Barcelona icons were unattainable.

A previous statement made by the owner of the LVMH group appears to confirm his desire for only the best.

“If I ever had to take a step like that, I would like to have the best footballer in the world and the best coach,” Arnault was quoted as saying.
The newspaper explains Elliott Management is now thinking about selling up after poor performance on and off the field.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aXjor39_460svvp9.webm

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
That should, in normal times at Milan, actually be a regular thing, buying the best there is. I see no fiction, I just see curently heavy times with wrong owners.

Keep the Milan level mentality, dont go down to mediocre shit. We are ACM. Respect Milan standards.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
According to @diarioas, Piatek is one Atletico Madrid's targets for the forward position

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We rich now... going full muppet mode:

Messi
M'ppe
Gueye
Navas
Tonali
Havertz
Upa
Cancelo
Chiesa

This is 1st window

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
According to @diarioas, Piatek is one Atletico Madrid's targets for the forward position

Watch Malbo swap him with morata.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
How long does my sig need to be? :lol:
I think in his past life he must have been a cow living on the lush Italian countryside of Calabria..... that the only way I can explain the orgasmic attachment to Italian fodder :proud:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::star::star::star::

I was just thinking this reading the chain then came to your post.

We need to make a Milan trophy room to Necroposts

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Midfielder Ivan Rakitic wants to remain at Barcelona but has left the door open to joining Atletico Madrid or Sevilla.

Thats that then.

Milan2012

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
COCAINA? no flour. Someone just asked me why I dislike Hakan.
Hakan is just very bad. For Turkey and for us, it’s just astonishing that we’re willing to defend this lower than mediocre player. Every fan should only have support and sympathy for three types of players; (1)loyal servants to the club, (2)prolific ingame players, and (3)upside potential players.

We have the 5th worse attack in Serie A (13goals in 14games). As an attacking player Hakan needs to be blamed, despite having Piatek in weak form, as an attacking player you need to tally up goals/assists. When the team sets up chances as an attacking player you can not squander them by hitting it to the stands. You have pass options or at least you need to challenge the keeper with chance of rebound or a corner. Hakan has the worst ratio of goals per chances he’s wasted for the team. Making him (2)not a prolific player in attack. Hakan lacks defensive knowledge and positioning, leaves his mark acres of space, has no aerial or physical presence, and also doesn’t know how to block passing channels. Making him not prolific in defense.

The Most Mind Baffling thing is how such a mediocre player can be so arrogant. I don’t see the same player who would chase back to defend back in the Gattuso days. He plays self centered, takes his time to get up and complain after getting tackled and in dying minutes of close games he doesn’t get back to defend with the rest of the team. The man has no interest to defend and he just jogs back to our half. I (1)fail to see loyalty of a servant in him.

At 25 years old we’ve seen Hakan play with the red and black jersey for three seasons. The potential of free scoring free kick taker and outside the box goal maker that we all hoped to see is long gone. This is professional sport world, Hakan did not meet his potential and we can’t wait longer as frankly we’re not seeing much potential left. He’s outgrown his improvement years and should be at his prime, but (3)there’s no wc potential there.

To answer side questions. We’ve played Hakan in multiple positions, but unless we carve out a formation retaining the benefit to only him and not the whole team he’s goal/assist or defensive output has not improved. As a professional player we can not make excuses for him.
As to the people who always say he gets an unjust amount of hate compared to other players I beg to differ. No one is supporting Piatek right now, and justly so. Players like Paqueta, Kessie, Conti, and Calabria get support because they have potential in there young age. Players like Suso get that tiny smigen of support because the fact that he can score bangers free kicks and near half field goals. Krunic I think is too soon to judge and we haven’t seen enough off. But no where can I see it just that Mediocre Hakan has any fanboy in this team.
Well this was my TED talk, if you’ve made it this far and have any respect for arguments and philosophy you get a high five

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Déjà vu ! their best ex Ac, Fernando Kalinic a legend as forward...

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thinner stripes and that'd jersey be awesome :love: :lol:

Subw00fer