Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
And Lebron spent half of his career in the Finals. Dude goes there as often as a normal dude goes to work. Just another day at the office.

Labron jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
He's gonna lose though, and haters will bring up 2/6 to lower his position

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Dude held Anthony Davis, Zbo and Marc Gasol to very inefficient play (per match up) and y'all asking how he'll guard Tristan freaking Thompson

CGk-QZXWoAAFu5y.png:large

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Warriors 'wearable' weapon? Devices to monitor players while on the court

Spurs pioneered this stuff. GSW took it a level further. And it's why Tibs got fired...

CGlyyX3U8AA83WC.png:large

OAKLAND, Calif. -- When Steve Kerr decided it was time to rest four players in mid-March, his team had already won 51 games and was cruising to the best record in the Western Conference by a landslide.

Still, the complaints rolled in – angry emails and tweets directed at Kerr from fans who'd paid good money to see the NBA's best team and its All-Star backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.

“It was somewhat controversial,” Kerr deadpanned last week while preparing his team for a trip to the NBA Finals.

Just a sample of the Twitter backlash directed at Kerr: “Nothing like spending $250 on tickets for my son's 7th birthday only for you to bench his favorite player. Thanks Steve.”

Ouch. And that wasn't all. Thompson's family had bought a huge block of tickets for the game in Denver on March 13, only to see him benched along with Curry, Andrew Bogut and Andre Iguodala. The Warriors lost 114-103, but won in the long run.

Here's how.

Kerr didn't draw names from a hat or use a coach's intuition in deciding his key players needed a break. He used information gathered from wearable technology, the next frontier in the NBA's rapidly accelerating analytics movement.

On the heels of a six-game, nine-day road trip, players were reporting that they were starting to feel worn down. Golden State's director of athletic performance, Keke Lyles, has players fill out a questionnaire every morning to measure soreness, fatigue, sleep quality and other factors that are so important to recovery and injury prevention.

In addition to the red flags on the players' questionnaires, the data Lyles had been collecting all season – using the NBA's SportVu cameras in games and wearable technology from Catapult Sports in practice – confirmed his fears.

“We felt like all those guys were reaching their limits,” Lyles said.

With player movement captured at 25 frames per second during games with SportVu cameras, teams can monitor players' movement intensity and acceleration – and spot drop-offs that might indicate fatigue and overuse. Layering that in-game data with metrics from a biomechanical movement device that the players wear in practice, Lyles reported to Kerr that it was time to take action.

“A lot of non-contact injuries are fatigue-related,” Lyles said. “If we see big drops consistently over the last few games, and we know in practice they've dropped and they're telling us they're tired and sore and beat up, then we start painting a big picture: ‘Yeah, these guys are probably fatigued.' When they're fatigued, they're at a higher risk.”

Kerr, ringleader of the most entertaining basketball show on Earth this season, didn't take the decision lightly. He even emailed fans to explain the reasons behind his decision.

“We don't like the idea of sitting someone out because fans pay,” assistant general manager Kirk Lacob said. “We get it. But we did agree that if we got to this point, we would sit them out.”

“This point” was a place where the Warriors – especially stars Curry and Thompson – arrived after the All-Star break. Lyles and the training staff had developed pre-set parameters for what they considered to be a danger zone; a combination of the player feeling fatigued and proof of diminished load capacity in the SportVu and Catapult data.

“We found that we had multiple guys red-lining,” Lacob said. “It was an easy decision. … Steve actually said, if one of those guys got hurt and he hadn't sat them out knowing that information, he could never forgive himself.”

The better european football teams use this too. It's another advantage

“It's gotten to a funny point where we have to ask the first question: What data can we understand and how is that going to be helpful?” Lacob said. “And the secondary questions are, what are we allowed to do? What is philosophically OK to know? How much should you know about your employees? How much should you allow your employer to know about you? And those questions are going to get raised in the CBA.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i was LOLing at draymond's old twitter stuff that got digged up......hating on lebron, gay bashing

hope lebron saw it :D :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He's gonna lose though, and haters will bring up 2/6 to lower his position

This cleveland team is young and very talented. I always assumed they'd not win this year but in good place for future. Keep in mind when LBJ is 34, Kyrie will be 27/27? TT would be like 28, Love would be 29 etc

If he loses he'll go to 2-4 (which i expect...) I'd be surprised if he didn't end like 5-5 tho and that's amaizng

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i was LOLing at draymond's old twitter stuff that got digged up......hating on lebron, gay bashing

hope lebron saw it :D :D

lol when he was 19 :lol::lol:

dude has no filter. His mom follows me on twitter and she also has ZERO filter. You 100% see where he gets it from.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if you want to get a feel for Oracle atmosphere/vibe....

shoutout Lil B :lol:

#TownBusiness

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2/6 = 2 wins in 6 attempts.

Losses in finals are not met logically by fans, Jordan's legacy would be tainted had he made the 95 finals and lost it, while it would actually mean he had won the conference finals instead of losing it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
my boy saw JR at lake merced golf course today (in SF... olympic club). JR swish

in other news.... unreal amount of wannabe rappers (inlcuding E40) making dubs songs :lol::lol:

That said, the video clubs r real... not a produced video. It's just a sideshow after every game. Oakland. #TownBusiness

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cavs +200 for game one

okkkkkkkkkk

okokok

i'm back in the game $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
GET HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!

kMExs8.gif

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fun fact
this season gsw vs lebron 0-1

get FUCKED senatore

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wasn't congo a Boston fan? I thought they hated LeBron.

Hyped up, my guts say this one is gonna be a great close game.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Wasn't congo a Boston fan? I thought they hated LeBron.

Hyped up, my guts say this one is gonna be a great close game.

someone brought up a good point. If Cleveland doesn't win game 1 they are in a word of trouble. To win eries after losing game 1 they'd been to:

A) win 3 straight (GSW hasn't lost 3 in a row at all this year)
B) win 2 at oracle (good luck)
C) Win game 7 in oracle (again good luck)

Also knowing LBJ he's gonna come out firing for early steal of a game like last year v. Spurs

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
are you addressing the room or something...? who speaks like that

yes i AM a celtics fan.....doesn't mean i dont recognize lebron as the greatest of all time, at peak of his powers...a living god

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Raiders take out a full page ad supporting GSW

Bay is #LockedIn

CGrCAozXEAAcTIv.jpg:large

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Me after i collect on that 33:1 Warriors finals bet I laid

dCzSee.gif

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Waaaaat??!!?!

No wayyyyyy

:star:

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
are you addressing the room or something...? who speaks like that

yes i AM a celtics fan.....doesn't mean i dont recognize lebron as the greatest of all time, at peak of his powers...a living god

addressing the room :D

of course anyone would be an idiot for not recognizing lebron as the living legend that he is, but I rarely saw boston fans ROOT for lebron

Me after i collect on that 33:1 Warriors finals bet I laid

dCzSee.gif

when was that bet made and how much did u put down?!!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
addressing the room :D

of course anyone would be an idiot for not recognizing lebron as the living legend that he is, but I rarely saw boston fans ROOT for lebron

when was that bet made and how much did u put down?!!

$100, pre-season.

I have a tradition of betting warriors pre-season. Usually smaller but you know, i get older, make more money, can afford more. More of a tradition

when i wa in college it'd be like $5 :lol: