AC Milan UEFA Cup 2008/2009

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Come on, it's not humiliating to play in the UEFA Cup. I remember 2004, when the UEFA winner could easily wipe the floor with the CL finalists.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
^ If we win we could wipe the floor with whoever wins the CL in the Super Cup. :D

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Marcus said:
Come on, it's not humiliating to play in the UEFA Cup. I remember 2004, when the UEFA winner could easily wipe the floor with the CL finalists.
Ah Yes....that'd be a certain Valencia CF would it not? :cool:

psycho_dad

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
one and only Gianni Rivera
I think that the main squad should concentrate only on Serie A, and UEFA cup should be left for reserves, just like Coppa. Of course Galliani will say, that UEFA cup is important, because it can increase a number of international trophies won by Milan, but IMO it would be tough to win league while playing in two fronts

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ I think we wont use our best squad for the early games, and if we go through to the latter stages maybe we will use a better squad.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Kaka_Milan said:
^ If we win we could wipe the floor with whoever wins the CL in the Super Cup. :D
I'm not sure I want to win the Super Cup (provided of course that we win the UEFA)....don't want to send my troops away for a loooooong time

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
radioactivenerd said:
Ah Yes....that'd be a certain Valencia CF would it not? :cool:
COUGH *Porto!* COUGH

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
MilanoMichael said:
COUGH *Porto!* COUGH
Porto were CL winners.
Valencia were UEFA cup winners. Oh, and Super Champions of Europe ;).

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Kaka_Milan said:

Fantastically positive statement. I like it. And don't forget Ka_Pa_Ro (the new RO not the old RO) will be highly motivated to do this act.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
radioactivenerd said:
Porto were CL winners.
Valencia were UEFA cup winners. Oh, and Super Champions of Europe ;).
Read Marcus' post again. 2004, the UEFA Winner (Porto from 2003) wiped the floor with the CL finalist (Monaco, by a score of 3-0).

No one cares about Valencia. :tongue:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i interpreted marcus' post the same way as radio... he said "finalists" as in both teams...

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
At least Galliani said already that the priority is the scudetto, don't want to hear baldy, when january comes, claiming that our home campaign was harmed 'cause we were focusing on the only Cup we don't have.

But I do want us to try and win both, for that the squad depth is fundamental. We already reinforced the team, but could use more signings, specially in defence.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CentreD13 said:
i interpreted marcus' post the same way as radio... he said "finalists" as in both teams...

And I meant that. Valencia was way stronger than both Monaco and Porto.

Don't bother with Michael, he's just making ditch Radio's team :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
We will be there or thereabouts come end of season. As long as we have an opportunity to win the ESC again and add to our 18 International trophies, I'm happy.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I am actually looking forward to the UEFA cup. A few years ago we saw Milan win their first Coppa Italia in almost 30 years. It was urely the first and the only time I have ever seen a Milan captain lift that trophy. The same should be thought of with this edition of the UEFA cup.

I agree that there is no guarantee though. Bayern Munich supporters may have felt this way last year. A cake walk European competition. They had their arses handed to them by Zenit in the semis. Milan need to play like the continental thoroughbreds that they are to win this. I agree with San Paolo too. A victory here provides a European Supercup date in August, where we have a tremendous track record. In fact, I believe it is indeed Milan who have won that trophy more than anyone else.

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Besides, it will be a match of greater importance than a regular European Super Cup. On one hand, the newly crowned Champions of Europe, and on the other, the newly victorious Milan, a force to be reckoned with at all times. A superb opportunity to prove that Milan are right back at the top.

I know the match is more than a year away, but we need to get there. It should be the thought that will drive the team. And that means giving everything, from the first rounds, to the very end.

Mr Fella

Beginner
Reaction score
i would love to see Milan win the uefa cup.
However I'm sure we'll bow out about half way through and end up fighting for 4th place.
which i think is a real shame. i think Milan are capable of challenging on two fronts, Personally i think the Viola did a fine job in the uefa cup and showed that you can challenge for uefa cup and champs league position. They only narrowly lost to an unbelievably negative Rangers side.
And no one can tell me they had more strength in depth then Milan currently do. In fact they were without mutu for the games against Everton.
milan do have problems in certain positions, no doubt. We need pace at the back and maybe another attacking option. However, i'm not saying their the best in the business, but, we do have Jankulovski, and Zambrotta for the LB, and Antonini in reserve. Not to bad in my opinion.
I blame Uefa for making the cup wot it is today, I'll never understand why they got rid of the cup winners, any trophy in Europe used to mean something, now you see great sides who go out at the group stages go into uefa cup and field second string sides because they don't care about the trophy. Disgraceful. people need to remember, football is supposed to be entertaining, play with pride and play to win. I say go for everything, Milan use this 'our objective this year is' crap every year now, and it really annoys me :mad:
And if all else fails, remember this, Inter have not won a trophy in Europe for over 10 yrs, in fact they have forgotten wot the Champoins league trophy looks like. And the uefa cup didn't look so bad to them when it was all they could win :D

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Don't forget Fiorentina passed through against the "mighty" FC Groningen on penalty shootout in the first knock out round (even before the group stage) of the UEFA Cup. If it would have went the other way, no one would remember Fiorentina's good UEFA campaign. I always remind that to Viola fans that take the piss out of Milan for bragging about their (undeserved) fourth place. They generaly tend to stfu then.

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So.. anyone have any idea where these games will be broadcasted for those of us in Canada?

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Even in Europe the UEFA Cup recieves very little coverage. For example the highest profile competitor in it last season was Bayern Munich, yet the only occasion their games were televised here was when they played the local side Scaberdeen. Contrast that to complete coverage of every single CL match.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Tsar said:
Even in Europe the UEFA Cup recieves very little coverage. For example the highest profile competitor in it last season was Bayern Munich, yet the only occasion their games were televised here was when they played the local side Scaberdeen. Contrast that to complete coverage of every single CL match.
My local pub always shows the 'biggest matches' :)

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
Tsar said:
So ?
It's not like Inter while play more then 6 games in the CL because they won't even make it through the group stage, Milan however will win the Uefa Cup so with some luck we even earn more on it then you do on the Champions League...

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
^ Not that I care a great deal about club financing as a form of pissing contest, (can't imagine why a BBilanista would either given Galliani's recent revelation), but the CL group stage TV income alone is worth more than a UEFA Crap run.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
income shove it in your ass biatch we need trophies genuine one ass hole not by sucking refs balls
btw you cunt what are you doing in this forum

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Ashish said:
income shove it in your ass biatch we need trophies genuine one ass hole not by sucking refs balls
I agree, thats exactly what you need to do, but old habbits die hard + The UEFA Crap is not the place to start a new clean era of "genuine" trophy collecting.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Tsar said:
I agree, thats exactly what you need to do, but old habbits die hard + The UEFA Crap is not the place to start a new clean era of "genuine" trophy collecting.
bastard later half was about the blue black septic tank in the city

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Ashish said:
bastard later half was about the blue black septic tank in the city

It would make me smile, the sound of my doc martens boots smashing his skull and his teeth breaking in his little bitch head, no?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Billy_69 said:
It would make me smile, the sound of my doc martens boots smashing his skull and his teeth breaking in his little bitch head, no?

american history x style?:))

I put that shit head on my ignore list...cause it seems that no one is gonna ban him :rolleyes:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy_69 said:
i would love it :)

Schedule