The Non-Milan Transfer Market

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
milan isnt an ugly city like everyone makes it out to be its just that it isnt as nice as the other italian cities but definetly not as dark and gloomy as some people claim.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
Milan has all the fashion stuff for all the WAGS - who the players will obviously listen too.

It has rained EVERYDAY this summer - it may not be the desert but its a lot hotter/better weather in Milan.

If a player wanted a transfer and they considered Manutd and Milan to be on the same level and were offered the same amount they'd choose Milan more often than not as its a better location.
Have you been to Milan? I know it has this image as some sort of glamour capital of boutiques and fine restaurants, but seriously if it wasn't for the money and prestige of the clubs - like Manchester, no one would go near the place. If what you said about WAGS was true then Monaco and PSG would be the best squads in the world. Club reputation + money is way higher on the list above where it actually is.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Tsar said:
Have you been to Milan? I know it has this image as some sort of glamour capital of boutiques and fine restaurants, but seriously if it wasn't for the money and prestige of the clubs - like Manchester, no one would go near the place. If what you said about WAGS was true then Monaco and PSG would be the best squads in the world. Club reputation + money is way higher on the list above where it actually is.

Of course that's the most important feature, but weather and cluture has a major influence aswell. I remember Ronaldinho for instance signed for Barca over Manutd becaue of the weather/lifestyle.

Jivara said:
milan isnt an ugly city like everyone makes it out to be its just that it isnt as nice as the other italian cities but definetly not as dark and gloomy as some people claim.

I love Milan tbh. I've only been there once but it was great. Nice weather, good shops, good match (Milan - Lazio). It may not be as good as Rome but when you remember the footballing history around the place it more than makes up for it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
manutd fan said:
I love Milan tbh. I've only been there once but it was great. Nice weather, good shops, good match (Milan - Lazio). It may not be as good as Rome but when you remember the footballing history around the place it more than makes up for it.

but then again milan is the most international city in italy too... its much easier to live there than say roma or napoli for a foreign player.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Jivara said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. However most would agree that a city that was levelled in the war and replaced with a poor quality concrete jungle isn't the nicest. Sure it has its nice corners, the roof of the cathedral, the Galleria, the park & castle, but nothing more than any other European city has to offer.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
but then again milan is the most international city in italy too... its much easier to live there than say roma or napoli for a foreign player.
on what basis, i would imagine there are more foreigners in rome than milan, but thats not a factor imo

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I notice that most fans, managers and players react to the new owners of Manchester City like an ostrich: they stick their head in the sand by saying things like:
- You can't buy titles
- Players won't go to Manchester City because Manchester City has no history
- The city of Manchester doesn't have the right quality of life.

You get my praise for emphasizing the positive but we all know better, don't we?

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cesc Says No To City

Arsenal and Spain midfielder Cesc Fàbregas has made it clear that he has no intentions of being part of Manchester City’s football and transfer revolution by joining them anytime in the near future.

Cesc has given a pre-emptive response to any future advances cash-filled Manchester City may make for him by declaring that he will never join the Eastlands club.

The 21 year old Arsenal man, back in Spain for his country’s World Cup qualifiers told Barcelona-based daily Sport bluntly: "It would be suicidal for my career at my 21 years of age to move to City. It would make no sense."

The Citizens, currently owned by Abu Dhabi United Group, have already been linked to a number of the world’s biggest and best players including Ruud van Nistlerooy, Fernando Torres, Kaká and Gianluigi Buffon.

goal.com

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
this is not Chelsea defending but..

1. Abramovic invested millions and millions in that club but they never had a 'dream team' like Real did back in 'Galactico era'....they didn't manage to bring for example old Ronaldino, Kaka, doubt that they could have brought Ronaldo, failed on Robinho...

2. If we are talking about spending, last year RM invested about 120 mil euros, Bayern around 70 mil, United above 70 mil, Barcelona near 100 this year...

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
Chelsea didn't form a dream team, they only wasted useless money. They damaged the transfer market by paying overpriced fees for average players, so they raised the market value of all the players, because if "player a" is approached by Chelsea, his team will ask for unbelievable amount of money knowing that Chelsea would be willing to pay any amount to get the player they want. That's why I was honestly surprised when they said they couldn't meet Robinho's "overpriced fee" while they paid much more over worse players than him.

As for City, they will never be a big club and won't even attract any players. Robinho picked easy money over a big career, not many players are willing to do so. As well as most of the good players play in big clubs anyway so they receive good money and their clubs won't apart with them for a lot of money since they are financially safe.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Well borrai I have to disagree with you on this. First of all you have to have a lot of money if you want to make club successful. Abramovich certainly didn't waste his money. He managed to buy a lot of great players and as a result Chelsea won EPL 2 times in a row if I'm not mistaken. Chelsea was always way behind Liverpool, Manchester and Arsenal mostly because they didn't have enough money to do something big. As soon as Roman took over, they did great job by winning the EPL. It takes a lot of time to make the team and with the amount of money that Manchester City have I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to top 3 clubs in England in a very short time frame.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Manchester United chief executive David Gill has insisted he is treating suggestions of a £135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo “with a pinch of salt”.

Sulaiman Al-Fahim, the billionaire businessman at the centre of the Manchester City takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group, said this week they could be willing to make a world record bid for the United star.

Gill said faced with a serious offer of that size, any club would have to consider it.

But he told BBC Radio Five Live: “It was an interesting comment, I think it’s a fan’s-type comment.

“It’s interesting when Alex [Ferguson] supposedly mentioned the Dimitar Berbatov signing in advance that complaints were made to the Premier League.

“He mentioned Torres and Fabregas in the same article so I think we will treat that with a pinch of salt.

“I have never met the gentleman. That is a fantastic amount of money and would turn the industry upside down so I can’t believe he is serious at those sorts of levels.

“Ultimately we would discuss any offer with Alex and the owners, as that sort of money is very large for one person. But we are not in the market to sell our best players.”

Gill also insisted the club stayed “entirely within the rules” during their pursuit of Berbatov.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has called for a change in transfer rules, and initially complained to the Premier League about United’s approach for the player.

Gill however has rejected allegations that United did anything wrong.

He added: “We are very comfortable with how the whole thing went. There were allegations made, we are comfortable that how we approached it was entirely correct and within the rules.

“It came together on Monday and the agent was given permission for the player to come up to Manchester, we arranged the plane for him and Alex met him at the airport.

“It’s true to say when the medical commenced we had not finished all the final negotiations with Spurs but both parties were confident they would be completed to everyone’s satisfaction.

“We are very comfortable we had permission to do what we did and it was clear to Tottenham and Daniel Levy in particular that he knew what we were doing and if that wasn’t the case we wouldn’t have done it.”

Gill also confirmed they would be looking to finalise a permanent deal for Argentina striker Carlos Tevez.

He said: “One other bit of business we will do is finalise the Carlos Tevez deal and then the composition of the squad will be first class.”

http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/sport/mhqlgbgbaumh/

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
N3d0 said:
Well borrai I have to disagree with you on this. First of all you have to have a lot of money if you want to make club successful. Abramovich certainly didn't waste his money. He managed to buy a lot of great players and as a result Chelsea won EPL 2 times in a row if I'm not mistaken. Chelsea was always way behind Liverpool, Manchester and Arsenal mostly because they didn't have enough money to do something big. As soon as Roman took over, they did great job by winning the EPL. It takes a lot of time to make the team and with the amount of money that Manchester City have I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to top 3 clubs in England in a very short time frame.

He didn't use his money very wisely. He could have had the same squad he has now with lesser money, or a better squad with the same money. He certainly didn't do bad as he HUGELY changed Chelsea's image in the world, but still Chelsea have a lot to do since they don't have any history at all, and currently they're not even the best in the world. But if a football expert had the money Abramovich had, he could have made Chelsea the best team in the world currently, and with a good image everywhere (not a hated club like it is now) and 20-30 years from now it could be the best club in history. Not some shit said by Abramovich that his plan is to make Chelsea the best club in history by 2010... wtf?

As for City, certainly money doesn't get you everything. Their squad this season is average at best and would hardly reach a Uefa cup spot at the end of the season. As for getting big players, they don't have any thing to attract stars apart from money, they need to have a prestiege... a CL spot along with a top manager and potential success like winning the EPL or CL.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inter Tie Up Di Maria Deal?

Inter have already lined up Luis Figo’s replacement for next season and Benfica star Angel Di Maria is likely to take his place, as the Nerazzurri have already agreed a deal with the Portuguese club according to Sportmediaset.

The Argentine winger, who fired his side to Olympic gold in China last month, is admired by Jose Mourinho.

Di Maria has always dreamed of playing for a major club and it seems as if his ambitions will materialise.

Sportmediaset claims that Inter have already agreed a deal with Benfica sporting director Rui Costa which will see the talented player swap the Estadio Da Luz for San Siro next summer.

It is believed Inter will allow David Suazo to remain in Portugal and give Benfica an extra €2m to secure Di Maria’s services.

Jorge Mendes, who is Mourinho’s and the winger’s agent is likely to push the player towards Milan even though Real Madrid and Chelsea are also interested.

Figo is likely to hang up his boots at the end of this season and the deal which will see his replacement arrive is all but signed. The ‘Special One’ is keen to use fast and skilful players in his favoured 4-3-3 formation and the Argentine international has those qualities in abundance.

goal.com

Corriere dello Sport

Inter reserve Di Maria - The Nerazzurri have an agreement with Benfica for a part-exchange deal with Suazo

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
liked di maria in olympics.... pretty frail, but has talent.... I still like bounanotte more (prolly only cause he's like 90 lbs and 5 ft tall lol)......

ARSENAL, Prepare Bigtime January Offer For Galatasaray's Arda Turan
08.09.2008 07.09 by Yusuf Atahan Erim read 489
Source: Lig TV, Hurriyet, Sabah

According to Turkish media, Premier League giants Arsenal continue to track Galatasaray's 21 year old attacking midfielder Arda Turan and are preparing to swoop for the Turkish national in the January market with a 15 million pound bid. Although, Galatasaray has stated that Arda is not for sale, an offer in the 20 million pound range may begin to change minds at the Istanbul club.

----------

yep, good thing arsene wenger is ALWAYS wrong on talent

Nielsenb41

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Banks, Yashin, Manga, Preud'homme, Pfaff, Zenga, Sepp and Taffarel
borrai said:
As for City, certainly money doesn't get you everything. Their squad this season is average at best and would hardly reach a Uefa cup spot at the end of the season. As for getting big players, they don't have any thing to attract stars apart from money, they need to have a prestiege... a CL spot along with a top manager and potential success like winning the EPL or CL.
Are you nuts? Robinho, Elano, Petrov, Jo, Kompany, Richards, Zabaleta and Hart are all far from average, and there's more to come in january. I wouldn't take City this lightly.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Nielsenb41 said:
Are you nuts? Robinho, Elano, Petrov, Jo, Kompany, Richards, Zabaleta and Hart are all far from average, and there's more to come in january. I wouldn't take City this lightly.

jo is overrated, i think hes a good talent, but he doesnt match rooney/tevez/beratov.... drogba/anelka.... adebayor/van persie or torres..... 1 day perhaps but ive watched him play, hes got alot fo developement left, i do like his chances though....

mancity's problem is the think they can ust go buy buffon, fabregas, ronaldo... those clubs wont want to sell them! And the players wont want to go to city. They need ot follow chelseas model and buy and coming high quality talent... players like drogba, essien etc from french league.... cole, lampard from lower english sides.... build up a team that can challenge top 4 consistantly... then finally can they make big money offers for the big stars..

i am still confident in fact u cant just buy a club and proclaim it a 'big club' and think players will come. ronaldo for example, if he exits it WILL be to real madrid, and thats only topped by fact theres 0 chance manutd would sell him in england to there CITY RIVALS.... i mean its like saying inter offer 130 for kaka..... theres NO WAY we'd sell him to inter.....
fabregas too... arsene would sell him half priced to spain or italy before he sold him in england.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
liked di maria in olympics.... pretty frail, but has talent.... I still like bounanotte more (prolly only cause he's like 90 lbs and 5 ft tall lol)......

ARSENAL, Prepare Bigtime January Offer For Galatasaray's Arda Turan
08.09.2008 07.09 by Yusuf Atahan Erim read 489
Source: Lig TV, Hurriyet, Sabah

According to Turkish media, Premier League giants Arsenal continue to track Galatasaray's 21 year old attacking midfielder Arda Turan and are preparing to swoop for the Turkish national in the January market with a 15 million pound bid. Although, Galatasaray has stated that Arda is not for sale, an offer in the 20 million pound range may begin to change minds at the Istanbul club.

----------

yep, good thing arsene wenger is ALWAYS wrong on talent

he probably saw the armenia 0-2 turkey match, arda was a joy to watch in that game, hes very dangerous on the side, he can take on 3 defenders at the same time when hes pushed to the throw in line, goes through their legs, around them... everything, he reminds me a bit of vicente in his prime.

borrai

Banned
Reaction score
Nielsenb41 said:

Man, them having a better squad than ours doesn't make them a good team. :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Serie A ( Italy )
SHOCKING, Cassano could have an agreement with Juve
11.09.2008 09.22 by Redazione TMW read 449
Source: www.novantesimo.it

Fantasy or reality? At the moment nothing is sure yet, but the rumour or news is sensational : Antonio Cassano's future might already be set. The talented Sampdoria forward will probably move to Juventus at the end of this season. An agreement between Juventus and Sampdoria could have been already reached.

********** newspaper, in fact, claims that Juventus will pay 18 millions for the Sampdoria contract termination clause plus the loan of Sebastian Giovinco. According to the Italian newspaper, Juve have beaten AC Milan and Inter in the race to sign Cassano.
--------------------------------

if they keep offering giovinco away, arsenal or some1 will poach him. peronally i'd love it if we poachd him off juve.. although not really a position of need

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Report: Inter Make €4m Mutu Bid

According to **********, Adrian Mutu has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave for just €4m next summer, and Inter have already come forward with an offer in the last few hours.

Mutu was linked with an exit from the Viola for much of the summer, and it had seemed certain at one point that he would join Roma.

Towards the end of July, Fiorentina revealed that they had received, and were considering, an offer from the Giallorossi, believed to be in the region of €20m.

This declaration seemed to suggest that it was a virtual formality that the Romanian would become a Roma player, yet the next day Fiorentina released a statement in which they stated that the bid had been rejected, and Mutu was going nowhere.

There have been many theories as to why Fiorentina apparently changed their tune within the space of 24 hours.

********** today claims that when Mutu signed a new four year contract a fortnight after this, he came to a secret agreement with the club that he would be allowed to leave next summer for a fee of just €4m.

Inter have recently been made aware of this clause, and in the last few hours have already come forward with an offer.

Mutu, who has been a revelation at the Stadio Franchi since his 2006 move from Juventus, first arrived in Italy with Inter in 2000 but he failed to make an impact at the club, and was soon sold to Verona.

tutto & goal crap

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
10/16/2008 3:37 PM
Traore - I May Have To Leave Arsenal
Arsenal youngster Armand Traore has admitted he may be forced to look elsewhere in search of regular first-team football when he returns to north London from his loan spell with Portsmouth.

Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us

galleria
zoom
The 19-year old is currently on a season-long loan at Fratton Park, and while the Frenchman’s performances have caught the eye, the form of Arsenal’s regular left-back Gael Clichy has been consistently impressive.

Traore has stated how content he is with life on the south coast, but Pompey’s precarious financial position would hinder would hinder any possible deal, a prospect that could mean the highly-rated prospect has to look beyond both clubs.

"Arsene Wenger only agreed to me going on loan provided I played regularly,” he said.

"This is exactly what I need at this stage of my career, lots of first-team experience, and I am enjoying it at Portsmouth where everybody has been very kind to me and the manager encourages me to push forward.

"But I don't know what will happen at the end of the season. I will have to talk to Arsene Wenger about that.

"Obviously I want to play every game now but Gael Clichy is a great player in my position there at the moment."

Traore made a name for himself when appearing for The Gunners in their march to the Carling Cup final, a game they lost to Chelsea, in 2005, with the youngster appearing in every round.

He made his Premier League debut against Liverpool towards the end of last season, and thus potential suitors are not expected to be sparse, though they will have to stump up around £3 million for the highly rated youngser.

Will Wood
------

anyone who hasnt seen him keep your eyes in portsmouth clash. He is young, but will be a future LB star. Everbit as talented as clichy, just younger. Either him or clichy will leave arsenal because neither will settle for bench. I'd jump gun for him, as he's perfect for our tactics and perfect to take over for janku in a few years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klwZUxnNaUA

Last edited:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Milano84 said:
if they keep offering giovinco away, arsenal or some1 will poach him. peronally i'd love it if we poachd him off juve.. although not really a position of need

Oh god, I would love that... lol. Another stupid move by Secco! I love the stupidity of Secco... he's the best guy Juve has ever had!

We should get Giovinco, and loan him out to say Genoa or something... just so a premier league team doesn't get him. You know at Genoa he would actually get playing time.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
10/16/2008 3:37 PM
Traore - I May Have To Leave Arsenal
Arsenal youngster Armand Traore has admitted he may be forced to look elsewhere in search of regular first-team football when he returns to north London from his loan spell with Portsmouth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone who hasnt seen him keep your eyes in portsmouth clash. He is young, but will be a future LB star. Everbit as talented as clichy, just younger. Either him or clichy will leave arsenal because neither will settle for bench. I'd jump gun for him, as he's perfect for our tactics and perfect to take over for janku in a few years

Yea he's quick, real quick technically very good too, he needs to work on crossing the ball and defensively he's a little weak but IMO he would be perfect for us, we've never had the luxury of intense pace on the wing ( I'm not saying Serginho as he only did one season in that position)

Arsenal are a dream feeder club.

Edit: At 3 million he'd be a bargain. If he goes to a big club and continues to imprive his price will at least x5 that in the next 5 year

Last edited:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kalac#16 said:
Yea he's quick, real quick technically very good too, he needs to work on crossing the ball and defensively he's a little weak but IMO he would be perfect for us, we've never had the luxury of intense pace on the wing ( I'm not saying Serginho as he only did one season in that position)

Arsenal are a dream feeder club.

Edit: At 3 million he'd be a bargain. If he goes to a big club and continues to imprive his price will at least x5 that in the next 5 year

For once I agree with you.

3 million pounds or euros? Either way, big bargain. We should get him. Arsenal is becoming the feeder club for Spain and Italy. LOL.

He's tall, and I hear quite strong... he's very young, so maybe he's a bit inexperienced at defending... but either way... he's a future prospect and definitely in Milan's price range.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milano84 said:

He's looked extremely suspect defensively whenever I've seen him. I've yet to be convinced that he's not just another overhyped Arsenal youngster.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Calum1903 said:
He's looked extremely suspect defensively whenever I've seen him. I've yet to be convinced that he's not just another overhyped Arsenal youngster.

he's barely 19 though. I'm saying hes a future serginho type....and would be a squad asset if he was actually sold.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
ESPANYOL, The target is Buonanotte
25.10.2008 11.28 by Giuliano Nesti read 161
Espanyol wants River Plate' offensive midfielder Diego Buonanotte (20), but his price is prohibitive: 15 milion euros. The player has been followed this year also from other "big" clubs like Real Madrid, Arsenal and Milan.
-----

LOL REALLY TMW? I'd like buonanotte, but thats a joke...

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milano84 said:
ESPANYOL, The target is Buonanotte
25.10.2008 11.28 by Giuliano Nesti read 161
Espanyol wants River Plate' offensive midfielder Diego Buonanotte (20), but his price is prohibitive: 15 milion euros. The player has been followed this year also from other "big" clubs like Real Madrid, Arsenal and Milan.
-----

LOL REALLY TMW? I'd like buonanotte, but thats a joke...

Espanyol can't afford him. That simple lol. I like Espanyol but they have to be realistic...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he hasnt had a great season so far. Moving to an espanyol would help him. and if they could get him for 10-13 mil. could prolly sell himfor 20 in 3-4 years

Schedule