The Rumour Commode XXX: Return of the King

Where do you think Milan is going to end up at the end of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Its not the right time for Hitchens gf to come home, we need him out on the streets sniffing around for hauge.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's why I stated it was a possibility. When I look at the player he seems like the full package. Whether it translates on the pitch is a different story. But in terms of skill on paper, he seems like a complete package. Passing, shooting, creating, first touch, football iq, speed is all there. Many of our attack mind players all have some weak aspects in their game at the moment. Love Rebić energy but his first touch and technical ability is lacking, Leao is still very raw and nonchalant atm, Samu is just a featherweight, Saele doesn't have the skill for first eleven, Diaz is great but a midget, only Ibra is a sure thing but he is 85 years old. Hauge easily has the potential to be our most complete forward for now.

Yeah man. I learned to assume the few bad trends players show in highlights are much worse. Like when they try a super unusual pass that goes right... The highlights will show the one that got in but you don't want a player who try that a lot.

But all the video comps around make him look very good and complete. He make the right choices, he is well positioned, he is powerful... Rarely something to take away.

But let's see how he does against much better opposition (Apart from Milan defenders that he destroyed in that game)

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Now imagine Bodo choke post Hauge and lose the title

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I really like Tomiyasu ,he has that Asian tenacity .Pretty fast too,and is not affraid to put head when other wouldn't put leg. He will only get better,and will definitely go to a bigger club if we don't sign him.
I think Tomiyasu is better choice than Fofana.

Fofana is a CB. Tomiyasu is primarily a RB (who occasionally covers at CB). Tomiyasu at 25 mil is a bad deal. Fofana is younger, more talented and can possibility be signed for almost the same amount.

Phantomx

Only Milan
Reaction score
Daily Mail: Leicester City FC have abandoned the track for Wesley Fofana and is close to sign James Tarkowski instead. Wesley Fofana is Milan's first choice for the defense.

yessss :star::proud:
Fofana is a beast . hes the best option for our defence . extremely talented and fast .

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Fofana is a CB. Tomiyasu is primarily a RB (who occasionally covers at CB). Tomiyasu at 25 mil is a bad deal. Fofana is younger, more talented and can possibility be signed for almost the same amount.

Plays pretty good at CB too tbh. Also has serie a experience while Fofana doesn?t. It will take Fofana some time to get used to serie a compared to the peasants of the French league.

Also I doubt we will buy Fofana and a rb.

Tomiyasu can cover LB aswell due to being two footed and according to transfermarkt can play cdm aswell.

And Japanese shirt sales will bring in over 5mil easy in the next few years and if he explodes then who knows how much money a foray into the Japanese market will get us.

Seems like the perfect signing to me. Lets give them Conti on loan with option to buy on the side

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Plays pretty good at CB too tbh. Also has serie a experience while Fofana doesn?t. It will take Fofana some time to get used to serie a compared to the peasants of the French league.

Tomiyasu can cover LB aswell due to being two footed and according to transfermarkt can play cdm aswell.

And Japanese shirt sales will bring in over 5mil easy in the next few years and if he explodes then who knows how much money a foray into the Japanese market will get us.

Seems like the perfect signing to me. Lets give them Conti on loan with option to buy on the side
Would you really buy Tomiyasu for the quoted 25m?

Fofana is highly rated and has been thoroughly scouted by Moncada. We can afford to have him slowly introduced to the squad as Kjaer is a clear first choice at the moment. Tomiyasu to be honest did not impress me that much when he played against us.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
FINAL HAUGE THRUST :proud:

Looks to be a good signing for depth in the attack.

Now let's close Fofana next:eek:

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Tomiyasu and fofana are both good talents. Dalot as well. Would be happy with any of them. If we make the Europa League I can see things accelerate quickly

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fiorentina play with wingbacks, maybe throw them Conti in a deal for Chiesa.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

There was a Japanese player at Milan a few years back and he sucked lol

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i have a feeling we are going to cave for fofana and pay the asking price, simply because we managed to get our attacker for so cheap and cb is our biggest issue

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Best case would be a player that can comfortably play (R)CB and CDM, that would save us buying a specific Kessie BU while also strengthening our backline.

FBs are fine imo, of course we can always do something if we get a good offer for Conti or Laxalt. I suppose Maldini has a bit of a passion for FBs though, so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it me who thinks a vice-kessie is a bigger problem. I feel like a tonali-benacer midfield will just get bullied too easily

Wheras gabbia-kjaer-romagnoli -duarte is alright

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Would you really buy Tomiyasu for the quoted 25m?

Fofana is highly rated and has been thoroughly scouted by Moncada. We can afford to have him slowly introduced to the squad as Kjaer is a clear first choice at the moment. Tomiyasu to be honest did not impress me that much when he played against us.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not 25 but 20 I would. He gives us more immediate guarantees and being able to cover rb is a huuuge thing considering how inconsistent Calabria can be.(hoping this year is different obv) . Also the 5mil+ we get from shirt sales bring cost down further (I doubt Fofana can sell close to as many)

Don?t get me wrong , I?d be ecstatic with either , it?s just that with our current injuries and fact that Tomiyasu can slot in straight away it will give us a much better chance in the first half of the season which we desperately need this year so we are not playing catch up in the second half.

Also Fofana will cost 35 imo donno if we can afford that.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is it me who thinks a vice-kessie is a bigger problem. I feel like a tonali-benacer midfield will just get bullied too easily

There will probably be a CB and mid at the minimum arriving in the next week.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I agree this is definitely an issue with the squad. We have a lot smaller players throughout the lineup that can easily be bullied. That's one of the issues we had that last few season as well, we often got bullied against clubs like Inter and Juve that had much heavier and more athletic squads. Most good clubs have multiple Kessie type players in the squad.

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Yeah man. I learned to assume the few bad trends players show in highlights are much worse. Like when they try a super unusual pass that goes right... The highlights will show the one that got in but you don't want a player who try that a lot.

But all the video comps around make him look very good and complete. He make the right choices, he is well positioned, he is powerful... Rarely something to take away.

But let's see how he does against much better opposition (Apart from Milan defenders that he destroyed in that game)
I am definitely weary of youtube highlights and how misleading they can be. Maybe it's just after his performance against us last week, but he really bossed that match like very few have against this version of Milan. At one point in the match he was toying with Kessie/Ben/Calabria trio.

Last edited:

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
NEWS from @jpedrerol&#55357;&#57000;
"Jos? ?ngel S?NCHEZ has been in ITALY talking with ROMA and MILAN to 'place' MAYORAL or JOVIC".

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i have a feeling we are going to cave for fofana and pay the asking price, simply because we managed to get our attacker for so cheap and cb is our biggest issue

would love to see it

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

indeed...wanted to write this in the past 2 days... but too lazy because i write too long sometimes.

we lose Ibra ... we lose a big leader but we can still score goals
we lose Romagnoli or Kjaer ... one of them + a third guy can deputize, like now.

we lose Kessie...this midfield turns into cotton ... there is nobody like him in the the squad.
which is why in the search for CB i was hoping Kamara from Marseille come up again in rumors... as he could be that + also play CB ... he is one of these players that can play both position well, not just "he can also play / fill in" ... cost a bit more than Fofana (who seem great) but he is 2 players in 1 a we wouldn't have to get a CB & DM.

second player who if we lose, we lose big is Theo.

the Loss of Kessie and Theo would have more impact than the loss of any other players imo, Ibra included

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
I think we will end up with that physical player for mid. In the end krunic can play a bonna role from last year. In fact it would be interesting to see him play in the hole.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can Hauge play in the Europa for us? He's not cup tied isn't he, I think they changed that rule a few years back.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
indeed...wanted to write this in the past 2 days... but too lazy because i write too long sometimes.

we lose Ibra ... we lose a big leader but we can still score goals
we lose Romagnoli or Kjaer ... one of them + a third guy can deputize, like now.

we lose Kessie...this midfield turns into cotton ... there is nobody like him in the the squad.
which is why in the search for CB i was hoping Kamara from Marseille come up again in rumors... as he could be that + also play CB ... he is one of these players that can play both position well, not just "he can also play / fill in" ... cost a bit more than Fofana (who seem great) but he is 2 players in 1 a we wouldn't have to get a CB & DM.

second player who if we lose, we lose big is Theo.

the Loss of Kessie and Theo would have more impact than the loss of any other players imo, Ibra included

I disagree when it comes to Theo, of course he is great and his loss would hurt like any loss of a top 5 player of your squad hurts. That being said the team has developed and plays much more as a unit, not that much of a Theo one-man-show any more when it comes to contribution from the deep positions. Especially the rise of Calabria and our DMs getting better at pushing up changed that a lot.

I think long term a Bennacer-Tonali mid can work, but it is also a question of depth. If one of the 3 holding mids would be out long our bench would be very weak. Especially with Paqueta virtually out, which takes one CM/CAM away too.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just finished watching a replay of St-Etienne vs Marseille to see how Fofana plays.

The kid needs to work on his passing but defensively he is EXTREMELY good for his age.

Fast, physical, presses well, intercepts well, and has high defense IQ where he not only was able to watch the ball carrier but also kept an eye on the runners behind him. That is something you can't teach and makes him a special defender.

I'll be highly disappointed now if we don't get him :lol:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I disagree when it comes to Theo, of course he is great and his loss would hurt like any loss of a top 5 player of your squad hurts. That being said the team has developed and plays much more as a unit, not that much of a Theo one-man-show any more when it comes to contribution from the deep positions. Especially the rise of Calabria and our DMs getting better at pushing up changed that a lot.

i think Theo is a big part of our attacking machine...contributes even more attacking wise than the RW position, i think Saelemaekers and Samu do their job, and Saelemaekers has been good lately... but in term of direct action that leads to goals or chances + being a goal threats himself. Theo does more.
and i would not call him a one man show...yes he has the ability to make great runs many times during the games ... but the amount of combinations happening on that side with Rebic, Hakan, Ibra to for him end up behind the defense is significant. it's great teamwork going on there

I think long term a Bennacer-Tonali mid can work, but it is also a question of depth. If one of the 3 holding mids would be out long our bench would be very weak. Especially with Paqueta virtually out, which takes one CM/CAM away too.

2. ANYTHING could work long term, if you shop right for it and address the shortcoming such pairing would have ... whether it's by switching system or adding a different type of player somewhere in the mix ... but as we stand right now with this formation and the role that 2 DM play, sustaining the pressure, intensity and briging the Physicality...that pairing will be very light, less energetic...Bennacer despite being small can hold his own... but this is just not Tonali's game ...
at the price we've got him, it's a good deal/an opportunity but in the immediate another type of midfielder was more of priority.

long term ok, probably in a different formation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.