M'baye Niang Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
:dance: 25% of 100 million minus 15 million. Yay one day.
If he's sold for 100 (or f̶i̶f̶t̶y̶ 75 in post Neymar market) we gonna be salty for a player like that.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hey

look at that LW we could have fuckin used

Niang is better than Bona at LW, but that says more about Bona and our LW options. Besides, we do not have the personnel for 4-3-3 with or without Niang. Being handed 15-20m to finally get rid of this massive headache was great business.

Management fucked up when they decided to obsess over strikers, ignore/neglect mezz'ali and winger/SS positions and undervalue athleticism. Just like the previous owners.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
isn't that old news?

There was a switcharoo last summer when people thought he fired Raiola and then let Mino deal with Torino.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Have you seen his goal for Senegal! :lol:

Excellent!

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Niang is better than Bona at LW, but that says more about Bona and our LW options. Besides, we do not have the personnel for 4-3-3 with or without Niang. Being handed 15-20m to finally get rid of this massive headache was great business.

Management fucked up when they decided to obsess over strikers, ignore/neglect mezz'ali and winger/SS positions and undervalue athleticism. Just like the previous owners.

Incredibly spot on :thumbsup:

People seem to forget how quickly he advanced the ball down the left side.....and I'm a Bonaventura fan

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
He’s really manned up. That chest. :heart:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He absolutely is now. And even more so, he wasn't when they were at Milan at the same time (I haven't really followed Niang after he left).

Did you type what you meant to type? You're writing that he(Niang?) is absolutely better now. Then you go on to write that "even more so" he wasn't when they were both here...

That post is 8 months old, but I still fully agree with it.
Bona is a very poor fit for the 4-3-3 LW spot. He scores goals but mainly the Nocerino way(late runner from midfield), rather than the Robben way(cut in and shoot) or Walcott way(outpacing defenders from out wide). He shows the tendencies of an advanced CM and not a wide forward. The attack becomes even slower and more static than usual. That's why we end up with Niang/Deulefeu/Hakan at LW and Bona at LCM.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Did you type what you meant to type? You're writing that he(Niang?) is absolutely better now. Then you go on to write that "even more so" he wasn't when they were both here...

That post is 8 months old, but I still fully agree with it.
Bona is a very poor fit for the 4-3-3 LW spot. He scores goals but mainly the Nocerino way(late runner from midfield), rather than the Robben way(cut in and shoot) or Walcott way(outpacing defenders from out wide). He shows the tendencies of an advanced CM and not a wide forward. The attack becomes even slower and more static than usual. That's why we end up with Niang/Deulefeu/Hakan at LW and Bona at LCM.

now=not:D

im not saying bona is/was good ar LW, just better than niang

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
now=not:D

im not saying bona is/was good ar LW, just better than niang

And I'm not saying Niang is good at LW.
Just better than Bona.

Do not for a moment think I enjoyed seeing us depend on a self-destructive child like Niang. But that's what we were doing - depend on him - because we had no one else who could offer anything like his athleticism and workrate. Not that he was exceptionally fast or hardworking. There just weren't any serious alternatives.

We never had a great run with Bona as 4-3-3 LW.
Do not confuse it with Bona's rather good spell as 4-4-2 LM under Mihajlovic.
That's a LCM/LW hybrid role.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
CM

Official: Niang joins Rennes

31/08/2018, 10:20

Torino striker Mbaye Niang has official joined Rennes, the*Granata*announced through their official website.

The Ligue 1 giants have completed the signing of Niang on loan with option to buy.

“We wish Niang a season full of satisfactions”, the Serie A side wrote in an official statement.

The Senegalese striker, a former AC Milan player, scored four goals in 26 appearances with Torino last season failing to justify his € 15 million price-tag.

Good luck M'baye. May you find at home the heights of talent that you once promised.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck M'baye. May you find at home the heights of talent that you once promised.

Good luck M’baye! He showed some promise at the World Cup, where he was one of Senegal’s best attacking players.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Good luck M’baye! He showed some promise at the World Cup, where he was one of Senegal’s best attacking players.

Indeed. Hard to believe he's not even 24. I think Rennes is a great place to go to evolve. At least historically anyway. Smaller club, less expectations and all. Like El-Sharaawy I have a mixture of fond and frustrating memories of him, but overall a lot of goodwill

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
ligue 1 giants?

anyways good luck. wished he'd scored that ez chance against barca. I think that would have changed our future completely.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ligue 1 giants?

anyways good luck. wished he'd scored that ez chance against barca. I think that would have changed our future completely.

:lol: I missed that. CM and their sloppy reporting

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'm more suprised that he's still playing professional football these days

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great goal :star:

But wow ... a Niang oprhan :lol:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thiago Silva assist :star:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Tottenham have made an initial approach for Rennes forward Mbaye Niang who is expected to cost 25M.

Last edited: