The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 29-09-2017, 06:18   #541
General
Paradigm of Humility

Fav. Players: MR, Kathy Griffin, Leaf's Vlogs

3 points

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 07:29   #542
joyrider
Il Moderati

#1 in the group
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 07:34   #543
helloAgain
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balo45 View Post
The only tactical thing I would take away from this game, and it goes for the whole season, is the complete lack of pressing this team does. I truly don't understand it. The possession and high backline, I'm ok with that. It's how the team is built to play on offense. But Montella has to accompany that style of play with higher pressure. Otherwise, with a backline playing that high and that spread out, they will always let players in behind. As soon as Milan loses the ball they should quickly get closer together, this team has serious spacing issues. I even understand fitness concerns, we play a lot of games close together. But Montella could always opt for allegri style switching between pressing and laying off. The bottom line is the lines are too far apart and it's just asking for the defense to be exposed.

Add on to that note, I think we have a lot of players who should be comfortable chasing the ball. Kalinic has a great work ethic, and I think silva and cutrone could follow him in that regard. Hakan came from fucking Leverkusen and is very used to defending high up the field. Biglia has experience playing as the deepest mid in an aggressive pressing team, and Kessie is perfectly built to play a role in that kind of team. Idk if it's tactics or laziness but Milan is far too easy on the other team when we lose the ball
Lack of pressing is what bothers me the most and this needs to be sorted out quickly. That and clueless counterattacks. Hakan is by far the best player to start our counterattacks and should play every match whether from start or from bench. i'm satisfied with all three forwards but they're yet to have proper test. Although disappointed, i still have confidence in this defense.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 08:12   #544
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 08:54   #545
Raz
Banned

In every game we've played 3 in the back this season I've noticed the 3 CBs standing very high up the pitch, almost to the half line and very wide apart. Bonucci in the middle and the other two all the way to the sides like they were fullbacks with miles of space in between.
When we lose possession the regista is supposed to run back and help Bonucci out while the other two CBs move more centrally and the wing backs rush back.
But lot of times that doesn't happen fast enough or at all and we concede easy goals. Something needs to change in that setup
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 08:59   #546
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Bonucci and Romagnoli have been very worrying, honestly. I'm on the more optimistic side, but they have disappointed.

Romagnoli, he's young, fine, whatever. But Bonucci? Today he was solid until that mistake, same with Romagnoli to be honest, but you pay that much for Bonucci for those sorts of mistake to not happen.
3 man defense honestly looks like a crappy idea.
Once our backline played enough games and could execute 4-men defense perfectly, we could have tried 3-men line up.

We took 3 defenders that never played with each other and made them play a set up which is hard to execute. Having a shaky midfield doesn't help them either.

Signature
forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 09:08   #547
forward
AC Milan Icon

You guys need to calm the fuck down and give this team time.

Real fucking Madrid lost to Betis recently and drew Levante.
CL winners..

Signature
Old 29-09-2017, 09:10   #548
Raz
Banned

3 man defence can work, but not like Montella is setting it up. He's thinking they're all ball playing defenders and can keep possession, so he's playing them way too far up the pitch and way too widely spread out. All that while the wingbacks do fuck all in that formation.
Saw this shit clearly against Sampdoria and yesterday too. It's costing us dearly. If we see this vs Roma and Inda too then god help us it's gonna be results like vs Lazio earlier this season.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 09:12   #549
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi
Default EL : Milan vs Rijeka - 28/09/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
You guys need to calm the fuck down and give this team time.

Real fucking Madrid lost to Betis recently and drew Levante.

CL winners..

We played 9 matches, and we havenít seen a single improvement.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 09:28   #550
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
We played 9 matches, and we havenít seen a single improvement.
How many of those matches have we played with a consistent starting 11 / same formation?

That's on Montella. He needs to pick his starting 11 and not rotate the squad for every match. If he wants to experiment, he has Europa League for that.

Signature
Old 29-09-2017, 10:28   #551
forward
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Switch back to 4 man defence already. This shit clearly isn't working. Play 4321 or 4222

Signature
Old 29-09-2017, 12:04   #552
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikita View Post
i dont usually reply to posts that are full of shit, but its sage, so i'ma make an exception for one of the many mods suffering from a superiority complex.
you do realize thats not even an argument cause every team at one points got to lose vs better teams.

hold on so.. you re saying that because his team ( we re talking about juventus here the biggest chokers in history of cl ) lost to bigger teams means that hes overrated ?

by that logic the every single juve player is overrated ?

meh... you can do better... criticize his 1 vs 1 all day cz its true but other than that hes class
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 12:05   #553
Andromeda
^AC.Milan Girl^

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini

Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around ...

.... guess not ..
I think this will be very danger for us in the future .. a mediocre coach to handle such a big team ( at least 'was' ) like us. All he needs to do is go back to coach either Genoa or Empoli or maximum is Sampdoria .. I think he is also too big to handle Roma. Probably me the only one that still hoping that Paolo want to be a coach someday ... eventhough I knew that he declared already that he doesnt want to be a coach

.. but I take 3 points with a grateful smile always ..

Signature
Life Goes On

Last edited by Andromeda; 29-09-2017 at 12:07.
Andromeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 12:13   #554
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
How many of those matches have we played with a consistent starting 11 / same formation?

That's on Montella. He needs to pick his starting 11 and not rotate the squad for every match. If he wants to experiment, he has Europa League for that.

Well you just explained why people arent calming down. They questioning montella which is understandable
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 12:38   #555
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post

Signature

Old 29-09-2017, 13:42   #556
nonsonoqui
Io non ho cugini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
looks so empty
You were right. When I started seeing the empty seats, I also started doubting the attendance number I gave you.

There were 19k fans from our side, and 5k from theirs, according to La Repubblica.

Signature
Grazie per avermi fatto rossonero!
nonsonoqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 15:24   #557
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

An embarrassing performance. Had we come up against half decent opposition we would have been hammered.

Signature
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2017, 16:43   #558
tuccero9
Senior Team Member

the only good thing about this match is 3 points and nothing else.
you can argue all you want about tactics and setup and some of you are right but what worries me at the moment is our cbs.
before the season started I never expected that this was an area to worry. on the contrary I thought that this position was our strongest both in quality and depth.
but every game I see serious individual mistakes that have nothing to do with formation and tactics. I mean how many times have you seen one of our centerbacks gifting the ball to an opponents on our own half and give them a chance for counter attack or a goal scoring opportunity?
I also am one who said before the start of season that I don't expect this team to play as a unit or maximum potential before October.
but these kind of mistakes cannot happen every match and have more to do with confidence and concentration more than anything else.
we have the derby against roma on sunday and this is a must-win game.
this team really needs a win in a derby match to get confidence back and roma is a team that changed comparing to last season, both because they let some key players to leave and because of change of coach. it will be very important to win this match.
FORZA MILAN!
tuccero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2017, 09:34   #559
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiX View Post
Locatelli and Cutrone at the end
just bros

http://kb9-ships-mistercriky.tumblr....w-ship-in-town

Signature