The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 01-09-2017, 22:05   #41
mleite
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Locatelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
Cutrone - Suso
Rodriguez - Bonaventura? - Biglia - Kessie - Conti
Romagnoli - Bonucci - Musacchio
Donnarumma

please
Yes please!

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 22:07   #42
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

forzaa
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 22:08   #43
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
just use Kalinic as a LW while you're at it, if #MM17 can do it, there's no reason #NK7 can't
theres only 1 #MM17
Old 01-09-2017, 22:30   #44
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
hopefully bonaventura is 100% fit for this one, I'd like him to start over hakan.
At LCM?

Should be Monto-Biglia-Kessie

I've lost all hope on Hakan as a CM, but he looked promising as LW from the little I saw in the friendlies.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 22:37   #45
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

losing all hope after 2 games in a totally different league .. thats cool i guess
Old 01-09-2017, 22:41   #46
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neruda1899 View Post
losing all hope after 2 games in a totally different league .. thats cool i guess
Actually one game was enough. I don't consider the Crotone one a game.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:43   #47
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
At LCM?

Should be Monto-Biglia-Kessie
pls no, montoleader killed every attack we had last game.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:20   #48
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

If Bona is fit, there's no question that the midfield should be Bona-Biglia-Kessie. If not, it's a toss up between Hakan and Montolivo for the mezz'ala position, but I'd rather give another chance to Hakan before we rule him out fully from there. Monto can always come on as a sub if Hakan flops again.

Having said that, won't really mind if we start with Monto-Biglia-Kessie. Montolivo will last 60 minutes without tiring and will be effective in that position.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:22   #49
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Actually one game was enough. I don't consider the Crotone one a game.
And yet you consider friendlies as games? That's not consistent.

Signature
Old 02-09-2017, 08:37   #50
Sage
Reinmēkā

hakan seems like he has a good shot on him and a better final pass than bonaventura, so it would be better if he's the other LW option besides #FB11.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:55   #51
Quan
Primavera Player

If Monto in the field we will lose the game.
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46   #52
Thenebra
National Team Player

Just don`t use Monto and Borini.

I`m ok with any formation and/or any other mix of players.
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:32   #53
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
And yet you consider friendlies as games? That's not consistent.
I never said I consider friendlies as (real) games.

Hakan showed good signs as LW in a few friendlies. He has far from convinced me in that role. He would need to prove himself in real games for that. Which is why I would like to see it tested.
Old 02-09-2017, 14:17   #54
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Hopefully we'll be able to field a stronger team v Lazio now that Biglia & Jack have both recovered

I wouldn't mind trying a 442/11 with Jack-Biglia-Kessie-Suso in the midfield and two of Andre Silva, Cutrone & Kalinic up front
If Jack is not fit then Hakan should play on the left, honestly that might be the best position for him

Think we could pull it off especially with RR & Conti pushing forward and the solid midfield pairing, Suso/Hakan/Jack all comfortable out wide in 442 too

Signature

Last edited by Mario; 02-09-2017 at 14:19.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 15:07   #55
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Hopefully we'll be able to field a stronger team v Lazio now that Biglia & Jack have both recovered

I wouldn't mind trying a 442/11 with Jack-Biglia-Kessie-Suso in the midfield and two of Andre Silva, Cutrone & Kalinic up front
If Jack is not fit then Hakan should play on the left, honestly that might be the best position for him

Think we could pull it off especially with RR & Conti pushing forward and the solid midfield pairing, Suso/Hakan/Jack all comfortable out wide in 442 too
Yea I think we will have more attacking thrust with 442 variations.....but Montella is a stickler for 3 man midfields
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 15:18   #56
dcfcfan1
Banned

Can see 4-3-3 again tbh, but if we lose then can see us changing formations

But I cant see us losing with Bona-biliga-kessie in midfield
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 16:12   #57
brk
World Cup Winner

Worried about this game. Lazio play 3421 which poses significant problems to our 433

Bonucci and Musacchio have an easy enough job to track Immobile. But the midfield is extremely tricky. Who do Kessie and Calhanoglu press? If the move too far forward and press Parolo/Leiva in the middle, that leaves Biglia alone in the middle with SMS to his left and whoever they play on the left free also. If those two go wide, that's not a problem, the fullbacks can cover, unless their wingbacks are high up, but if they stay inside then it's very tricky. Calhanoglu is going to have a tough game deciding whether to track SMS or push forward.

Up front Kalinic (I hope) will find it very hard alone against their three and even with support from Suso, we won't be able to counterattack very well. Our only hope is long diagonal balls from Biglia/Bonucci trying to find space behind Wallace/Radu on the outside, forcing the three to stretch giving onrushing players space.

We won't be able to control this game. They'll always have us outnumbered 4-3 in the middle and have our attacker closed off from all sides. My hope is that RR and Conti can have some space, maybe forcing their attacking midfielders to stay wide and under control.

If it was up to me i'd play a midfielder instead of Borini (hopefully Bonaventura) and get him to stay in the middle to close down Parolo, letting Calhanoglu worry only about SMS. Maybe we can get Borini to do that, but I have a feeling he's going to just stay wide and run up and down with Basta, something RR could and should do.

To summarize, too many players on our team have to worry about two players and it's going to get confusing. RR, Calhanoglu and Borini need to be very aware of each other and their opponents otherwise it could get very messy.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 16:18   #58
brk
World Cup Winner

I guess if we defend very narrow we could close down all the spaces, but that means we'll have a tough time transitioning because Suso/Borini would have to stay back a lot.

brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 16:39   #59
Mario
AC Milan Icon

Why the hell would anyone want Borini starting when we've got Andre Silva, Jack & Cutrone available too

Signature
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 16:58   #60
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
I never said I consider friendlies as (real) games.

Hakan showed good signs as LW in a few friendlies. He has far from convinced me in that role. He would need to prove himself in real games for that. Which is why I would like to see it tested.
Ok fair enough

Signature