The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 29-08-2017, 00:57   #21
ibelongtomilan
Il Diavolo

ty for the effort

very impressive stuff

keep up the good work
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 00:58   #22
ibelongtomilan
Il Diavolo

ty for the effort

very impressive stuff

keep up the good work
ibelongtomilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 00:58   #23
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Holy shit
Please work for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_McKlusky View Post
Sure, gimme a decent proposal. Analyst with too much free time right now, so you get this type of nonsense.
Please make the proposal public General
Neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 01:13   #24
Gator_McKlusky
Rookie

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta Pirlo Gattuso Shevchenko Kaka

Well, second half.

It actually was less than the first half. Mostly because of Biglia.

First chance, second half.

This was actually started because of a bad pass by Suso. Kessiť was hardly at fault; the chance of keeping it in ACM's play was very small. The tackle was good, the pass ass.

Montolivo again decides to chase the ball/ballplayer instead of thinking about his man or area. There's only one way to not give him any form of blame here; namely he did cut off the passing route to one player. But leaving two players and a whole area unmarked is a steep price for that. If the player marked as #1 was a bit more cheeky (Ala Icardi or Dzeko) he wouldn't have tried going behind RR, but would have shouted for the ball in his stride and just plowed it towards goal.

Second chance, second half.

This was seriously atrocious. This is the type of goal you expect in the Serie C, and a major clusterfuck of the entire backteam -AND- by Montella.
There's so much wrong here, I might hit a text-limit just delving in.
Who in their right mind let their CB's play so wide, so far back? Where are the wingbacks? If they (CD's) would've positioned themself more forward, and the wingbacks actually on our half, you would've gotten much more potential exits. Now you only had 1 real option; Musacchio.
-- Bonucci had to risk an interception towards RR or Kessiť
-- Kessie was blocked left and right, and by the time he can turn with the ball, an opposing MC could walk in
-- Monti makes sure he can't even receive the ball, standing in the middle of two men.

Donna passes to Kessiť anyway, and he ofc. gets raped on the spot by an army of Cagliari players.

But sure, that can happen, though it's dumb, but all the follow up actions are horrible too.
First; Monto doesn't allow Kessiť an emergency exit; he could've moved towards the 16; both opening for a pass and opening the left side of ACM.
Second; Why is Musacchio still there? Did he order crisps and a coke from the sidelines? Waiting for his pizza? Why didn't he storm in faster?
Why is Bonucci still so deep?
Anyhoo. Ball gets conquered, and the situation turns from a 4 vs 2 to a 3 vs 3.
Musacchio gets to cover one
Monto runs along with one but sees what's happening
Bonucci starts to move in to the free man

Ball goes wide to free man, and now Monty touches it. Fucking. Idiot. Instead of letting the ball roll closer towards Bonucci by NOT doing anything, he manages to graze it and put it in front of the opponent... Bonucci can't get there in time anymore, ball goes wide, #10 scores. The #10 Montolivo was supposed to mark.
But blaming this entirely on Monty's suckage is wrong. This entire situation was a clusterfuck from all the players on that area; in my opinion even the least of Kessiť. He gets a shit ball and gets swamped.

Second half, chance Cagliari

The chance that Cagliari got in the 76th minute (left side of goal in the 16 box, where the ball flew in front of the goal behind the line) was because of another miss-pass by Suso. The ball to Kessiť was misplaced, and too soft for Biglia to catch up to.

I actually noticed several more cockups by Suso as the match progressed, but he had ran a lot and it was scorching warm there. Several other cockups by Montolivo as well.
But Kessiť didn't play as bad as I thought yesterday; he was often the victim of shitty passing. But once Biglia got on and took control, Monto and Kessiť were allowed to play with much more freedom, and you noticed it helped.

Well, time to sleep now. Ciao. :P
Gator_McKlusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 01:18   #25
Tantalis
Heyoka

But but but he got a 6.5

Last edited by Tantalis; 29-08-2017 at 01:22.
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 01:29   #26
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Good analysis.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 02:15   #27
agsgualdino
World Cup Winner

good analysis. had a nice coffee this morning when i woke up and read it on the balcony. great start to the day haha

for some reason montolivo has an effect over me as well and i still think he is a quality fotoballer despite knowing his huge limitations.
agsgualdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 06:12   #28
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Great analysis.

This is exactly the argument I've been having on this forum the past couple of days.

Sure Monto was not the worst midfielder on the day....but he didn't do his job and was probably the root cause of our paper thin midfield.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 06:34   #29
helloAgain
National Team Player

i'm sure i will get lots of hate. but here is my take on some of the situations you mentioned.

first half third chance
the third chance can't be faulted. the cagliari player slipped and he had to go for the ball. cagliari player was determined not to loose the ball and was able to somehow win the ball from both him and kessie or maybe both put in a weak ass attempt to win the ball but the intention was logical choice.

second half first chance
it is the way we play when in defense, formation becomes 4141 and monto drops deep closer to defense. two midfielders weren't tracking back to cover the player you mentioned.

the goal
again this is the way we build the play(most team does same). both cb moves to wide position and fb move slightly forward and gk usually passes to one of the cbs. monto did well to drift and take a player away from kessie and donnarumma passed the ball to kessie because it seemed he wanted the ball. nobody expected kessie to miscontroll the pass. as soon as that happened he tracked the player moving towards the goal but then another cagliari player overlapped right in front of him and the player he was tracking previously holds his run. when the pass was made, the overlapping player blocked the view and monto was wrong footed but he still managed to deflect the ball away. the scorer was just clever who held his run because there was acres of space and nobody was pressuring him.
helloAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 08:42   #30
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

now do the same with all others so we'll have context.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 08:43   #31
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

the goal anaysis

has to be troll account.

Signature

Old 29-08-2017, 08:54   #32
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidarth View Post
Great analysis.

This is exactly the argument I've been having on this forum the past couple of days.

Sure Monto was not the worst midfielder on the day....but he didn't do his job and was probably the root cause of our paper thin midfield.
This is a funnier post because Vidarth is dead serious here.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 10:55   #33
Fabio
TeamAbu

Fav. Players: KakŠ, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, T. Silva, Balotelli, Aubameyang, Honda, Cutrone, Pulisic

Quote:
Well, guess I can do the second half now. Girlfriend pissed off, don't wanna be in bed with her now. Pro-tip: Don't watch the season finale of GoT and the new Rick and Morty without your other half...

More imagewall incoming in a bit...
An even better pro-tip: DOn't watch GoT at all, Vikings is better, watch that bro.

Rick and Morty, thats fucked up watching without your girlfriend man but hey I'm also guilty of it

Regarding your analysis, I didn't make the effort to read it yet but judging from people's reactions it must have been a good post. Brk can learn from you

Last edited by Fabio; 29-08-2017 at 10:57.
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 11:34   #34
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Suso, Kessie, Locatelli, Bonaventura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
i'm sure i will get lots of hate. but here is my take on some of the situations you mentioned.

first half third chance
the third chance can't be faulted. the cagliari player slipped and he had to go for the ball. cagliari player was determined not to loose the ball and was able to somehow win the ball from both him and kessie or maybe both put in a weak ass attempt to win the ball but the intention was logical choice.

second half first chance
it is the way we play when in defense, formation becomes 4141 and monto drops deep closer to defense. two midfielders weren't tracking back to cover the player you mentioned.

the goal
again this is the way we build the play(most team does same). both cb moves to wide position and fb move slightly forward and gk usually passes to one of the cbs. monto did well to drift and take a player away from kessie and donnarumma passed the ball to kessie because it seemed he wanted the ball. nobody expected kessie to miscontroll the pass. as soon as that happened he tracked the player moving towards the goal but then another cagliari player overlapped right in front of him and the player he was tracking previously holds his run. when the pass was made, the overlapping player blocked the view and monto was wrong footed but he still managed to deflect the ball away. the scorer was just clever who held his run because there was acres of space and nobody was pressuring him.
Good analysis.

Didn't read the other ones, but the original poster's analysis of the goal we conceded is not very accurate.

It's difficult to make a fair analysis if your sole motive is to put the blame on a particular player.

Signature

Elysse Perry

Last edited by Rumpelstiltskin; 29-08-2017 at 11:58.
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 12:55   #35
Gator_McKlusky
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post
Good analysis.

Didn't read the other ones, but the original poster's analysis of the goal we conceded is absolute crap.

It's difficult to make a fair analysis if your sole motive is to put the blame on a particular player.
Good job at not reading my post then, where I clearly stated that I wanted to know whether or not it actually WAS Montolivo's fault or not, and not just blaming him. As a matter of fact, I'm even going to do something I rarely ever do; I'm going to call somebody, in this case you, an enormous fucking twat.
I literally state, and I copy fucking paste here: "But blaming this entirely on Monty's suckage is wrong."

Fact; I never gave my opinion on Montolivo regarding the entire match! I only looked at situations where Cagliari could've scored!

As a holding mid, Monty was utter crap. As a forward mid, I think he was actually quite decent, regardless of what others think of him. Rewatch the last 30 minutes, and notice that on several occasions he showcased quite clever and creative plays. Don't ever use him as a DM again; Biglia is superior; Locatelli far more potential with already higher defensive awareness. As forward CM (where he hasn't played a lot yet, but the few times he did this season) he's actually not that bad.

4/10 pre-Biglia. 7/10 post-Biglia.
Old 29-08-2017, 12:59   #36
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
4/10 pre-Biglia. 7/10 post-Biglia.
goal.com standards?

Signature

Old 29-08-2017, 13:08   #37
Gator_McKlusky
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
goal.com standards?
Nope. Just watch the last 30 minutes (that's incl the ridiculous +9 mins). In the time he had, given how much he already ran (uselessly though, but still energy expanded) and with the scorching heat, he actually did quite well. Few mistakes, good openings, good runs, stayed available for receiving pass.

Don't get me wrong; he shouldn't be in starting eleven. But for width/backup, he did fine. As long as he is never allowed on DM position again.

Defensive awareness of a carrot.
Old 29-08-2017, 13:16   #38
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
Nope.
L'equipe, then?

Signature

Old 29-08-2017, 13:31   #39
vidarth
Ibra Supremacy

Fav. Players: Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
This is a funnier post because Vidarth is dead serious here.
i dont like montolivo...stopped liking him since the seedorf episode. i believe he is root cause of all of milans misery iseriously think the poster is serious too.

Signature
vidarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2017, 13:38   #40
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Seedorf was the only manager we have had since Terim who genuinely went about dividing the dressing room and creating issues. He should've been thrown out earlier than he was.

We have had fairly harmonious dressing rooms under everyone else - even under Leonardo.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote