The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 20-09-2017, 22:15   #1
Mr. Milanista
Milanista since Birth

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Default Week 06: Sampdoria vs Milan - Sunday 24/09/2017 12:30 CET

I'd like to rest some player, but this is not the game where we should do that. Sampdoria are tough as hell at home

12:30 kickoff time I don't remember the last time we won a game with that kickoff time

Donnarumma
Musacchio - Bonucci - Romagnoli
Abate - Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura - Rodriguez
Suso - Kalinic

Andiamoooooooooo

Signature
AC MILAN
GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME
RED N BLACK TIL I DIE
Mr. Milanista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 22:26   #2
Dwayne_YB
Pablo

Fav. Players: Fellaini, Ibra, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Batistuta, Beckham Berlusconi

Maradona
Musacchio - Bonucci - Romagnoli
Calabria - Kessie - Biglia - Bonaventura - Rodriguez
Silva - Kalinic

Hard ass match honestly. This is the match that should show us how far we are as a team.

Signature
Pep Guardiola = GOAT
Dwayne_YB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 22:27   #3
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Hakan should definitely start over Bonaventura. Bona really looks rusty right now.

Suso or Silva or Cutrone? None of them an assured first pick for the second forward position.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 22:29   #4
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

---king kali-- susinho
-------hakan
RR--biglia---kessie--calabria
-------R.B.M
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 22:33   #5
Dwayne_YB
Pablo

Fav. Players: Fellaini, Ibra, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Batistuta, Beckham Berlusconi

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Hakan should definitely start over Bonaventura. Bona really looks rusty right now.

Suso or Silva or Cutrone? None of them an assured first pick for the second forward position.
Yeah I agree that hakan should start. But I believe Montella has been rotating a lot lately. While I want Silva and hakan to start, my money is on bonaventura and Suso.

Also I'm not certain on romagnoli fitness, he played the last 2 games.

Signature
Pep Guardiola = GOAT
Dwayne_YB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 22:34   #6
RBaggio
Rookie

Hi, i am the new guy and this is my first post.

I wish the best for all of you and ac milan.
About this game i think this a crucial game. After lazio game second statement game of the season. So no rotation should be done. Midweek in europa league game we can start with subs. We are a new team and need time but we should show our strength and make statement here. Losing not the end, draw normal result but winning will give so much confidence
RBaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 08:01   #7
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, Marco Fassone

This one is incredibly important. Only teams I can see lose points is Torino or Jube depending on their game, all others including us are favored. Also it'd be good to have some peace of mind with 3 points here before heading into our much harder games afterwards.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 08:18   #8
Massaro94
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Weah Gullit Rijkaard Boban Savicevic Baresi Kaka Shevchenko Suarez Tevez

A trip to the mini San siro is never easy.

Signature
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 08:31   #9
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne_YB View Post
Yeah I agree that hakan should start. But I believe Montella has been rotating a lot lately. While I want Silva and hakan to start, my money is on bonaventura and Suso.

Also I'm not certain on romagnoli fitness, he played the last 2 games.
Romagnoli looked pretty fine. CBs should be able to take this schedule really. I'd worry about rotating other parts of the team.

Signature
Old 21-09-2017, 08:49   #10
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:

Silva over any of them. Has the highest potential, and suits our team better than any of them.

Suso will just be played out of position, and we can't afford to wait for him to learn these things in a official match.

Cutrone had a good start, but let's be serious he is no where near first 11 material.

Signature
Greatest of all time
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 10:04   #11
Quan
Primavera Player

Suso was just plain bad in the last two games, I don't think he will be good in this new position of his, he is so slow and doesn't make him self available.

I really wish Montella will not field him in this match, so that's leave us with Silva or Cutrone.

Sliva still didn't get used to Seria A still. Cutrone still raw.

It's tough game and I hope the manager makes the right choices.

Win please.
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 10:32   #12
ChinaMilan
Primavera Player

Quote:

, aren't you also the guy who said borini should definitely start at the begin of the season and he should be getting called for the NT?.

anyway i don't get the Hakan hype, i mean other than the farmers game where he was very good , he hardly did anything that indicates that he should start, in fact he did nothing good in serie a and was the worst player (not among the worst but absolute worst) in both game he started, and it is not like anybody watched him play before so that they know his potential, we only know that he can kick FK's, and even that we hardly saw in our milan.

as for Bona, at least we know he can be a beast in seria a(his 3 years at milan proves that) so i would really invest playing time in a player i know he can deliver once he is fit and get match time than investing time in a player that could or could not deliver and not showing much in seria a to make that he should start.
ChinaMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 10:53   #13
necromancer
Sino-Galliani Alliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Silva over any of them. Has the highest potential, and suits our team better than any of them.

Suso will just be played out of position, and we can't afford to wait for him to learn these things in a official match.

Cutrone had a good start, but let's be serious he is no where near first 11 material.
I'd probably go for Silva as well (it's a risk since he still instinctively goes for the ball and does not attack without the ball nearly enough) since he's getting better with each match, and is the likeliest goal threat between the three of them.

But I feel Montella will go for Suso.

Signature
Old 21-09-2017, 11:05   #14
milanator
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Romagnoli looked pretty fine. CBs should be able to take this schedule really. I'd worry about rotating other parts of the team.
He looked a bit tired toward the end. He missed some preseason so that might be a reason.
It looks like Montella wants to give the lateral CBs some rotation, hence Zapata getting minutes.
Should be one of our winter/summer mercato-goals to get some of the deadwood CBs out and get a high quality 4th center back to rotate with our 3 starting CBs.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 11:44   #15
Rumpelstiltskin
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Suso, Kessie, Locatelli, Bonaventura.

This is going to be a big test for us, would give a good indication of how much progress the team has made.

I would like to see Hakan and Suso start. Bona has more experience than Hakan, but he doesn't look fit, needs more time to attain match fitness and adapt to the team.

Suso hasn't looked comfortable in his new position, but I think it's just a matter of time till he gets going, one can always expect Suso to produce a moment of magic, even if the team isn't playing well.

Signature

Elysse Perry
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 12:01   #16
brk
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post
This is going to be a big test for us, would give a good indication of how much progress the team has made.

I would like to see Hakan and Suso start. Bona has more experience than Hakan, but he doesn't look fit, needs more time to attain match fitness and adapt to the team.

Suso hasn't looked comfortable in his new position, but I think it's just a matter of time till he gets going, one can always expect Suso to produce a moment of magic, even if the team isn't playing well.
I actually think Suso has done ok when playing behind a striker. It's not easy to be surrounded by so many players but still manage to release a good ball. It'll take time for him to be as good in this as he was out on the right, but he's doing better than what most people are saying.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 13:19   #17
Ash
Swag Maestro

We really should consider a 3-4-3

Hakan - Kalinic - Suso
RR - Biglia - Kessie - Abate/Calabria
Romagnoli-Bonucci-Mussachio
Donnarumma
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 13:44   #18
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Hakan/Bona to play for 3rd cm and Karinic - Sirva to play up front. Suso needs to adapt to a new position and new behaviour. He needs to work on his decisions more, he is playing like he can do whatever the hell he wants, he really needs to be more disciplined and more for the team.
IL Diavolo 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 14:54   #19
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Milanista View Post
12:30 kickoff time I don't remember the last time we won a game with that kickoff time
Against Viola away in 12/13 season? Yes, we have piss poor record for noon kickoff, not feeling great about this match 😔
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 15:03   #20
SuperP
World Cup Winner

Feels nice to have such decent depth. We went from the fodders of the world to debating whether Silva or Suso should start, or Hakan or Bona.

Feels good.
SuperP is online now   Reply With Quote