Which one you like most?

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've just made a new header for the main site [I was bored ;)] and I wanted to ask you which one you like most, the current one, or the one I've made right now.

Here's the current one:
top.gif

Here's the one I've made right now:
top2.gif

Tell me what you think. Oh, and I've also changed Serginho's avatar and added avatars with Tomasson, Seedorf, Pirlo and Kutuzov. Dalla Bona and Simic coming soon.

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Well it is tricky. I like the look of the new header layout, but the problem is there is too much white in the background, so it makes it difficult to read the header.

I don't know if you can do it but how about putting some of the avatars in a row and putting the headding over them? They are all red and black, so we will kind of get to see the players and new people will still be able to read the header. Just an idea.

You could also use some of the picts I sent you ;)

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the point is not what's the writing, the point is to figure out the writing. :D At first I wanted to put the writing upside down. ;)

The advantage of the new header is that it is 15 KB shorter, which means faster loading of pages, and less wasted bandwidth.

Yes, I could use the picts you sent me but by using them just like you said, the header will be pretty big in size.

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Well if it will make the site faster then YEAH, I think we are all for that ;) I don't have a problem, but generally I am on high-speed internet access. which I know most people are not on.

About the picts, why don't you sit down tonight and resize them all and put them up. I am sure you don't have anything else better to do like homework, or housework, or regular work. :tongue: Just kidding. It doesn't matter to me either way, whatever is easiest and best for you is generally best for all of us so I leave it to you discretion. I would resize the picts for you, but I have photoshop for a mac and for some reason picts that I work on or adjust hardly ever work on PC's? If you want me to though I can. I can even make them into avatars. I still haven't figured a way to get the avatar of the legends into a sharring site so that I could set it up. I might have to do that though because it is really cool.

Have you seen a documentrary called the history of football. It was made in England, but not by the BBC. Last night it was on and the title was Europen superpowers. That featured Milan the most, it was a pretty good show. They had a couple of early goals by Rivera and a great play from Gullit to Van Basten to help them win lo scudetto in 87/88 . They also had an interview with Nils Liedholm and said that after Real beat Milan in the Champions Cup in the late 50's that de Stefano and some of the other players from Real can over to Milan and that them that Milan deserved to win. They also said that with the changes that European Soccer has gone through that Milan will could be the last team to ever win the Champions League 2 years in a row. They basically said Milan and Real are the best club teams in History, but over time that Milan ihas consistantly been the best team in Europe.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Seamus, I want all the avatars that are on the site to have the same style, if you know what I mean. [just look @ them all - they're all the same style].

Well, they've said the truth in that documentary. For me Milan is the best team ever, and undoubtedly Van Basten's Milan was the best team ever over a period of time, better than Di Stefano's Real, Herrera's Inter, etc.
What was the name of that documentary, Seamus? Maybe I can find it as a tape on the net and sell it on the site.

Regards,
David

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
Well it is tricky. I like the look of the new header layout, but the problem is there is too much white in the background, so it makes it difficult to read the header.

I agree.. i think the current one is better but that it might be nice with a change.. maybe a team picture or a line of players in the background..?

but thats just my amateur opinion.. you are the webmaster ;)

Schedule