The Rumour Commode XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
There are decisions from Gattuso that I have problems with: namely that he decided to play ugly with Inter (which worked into their hands) instead of playing fancy.

Second, was not playing Montolivo against Fiorentina, especially once Mauri got hurt. Montolivo is slow, and he is infuriating. But I think when experience is needed, he's got to be a better option than putting poor Calabria into a position he's really uncomfortable with.

There are other, smaller things, but my biggest reason to not completely hate him is the injuries the team has suffered.

Also, I keep hearing that Gattuso's injury crisis is his own fault, because it happens in training. Uh. About that:

Yes, Biglia got hurt in training. However, Cutrone got hurt playing for Italy U21. Calabria got hurt, also, for U21's I believe. Romagnoli got hurt playing for Italy during training. Musaccio got hurt playing for Milan, getting hit by one of his own teammates, actually. Bonaventura got hurt during the game against Inter. Caldara seems to just be really unlucky with various injuries. Hakan's first injury (which he kept playing through) started in September against Cagliari, he also hurt himself against Betis, where Kessie also got hurt.

To be fair, we've been leaking far fewer goals. The obvious problem, is that we're not scoring. Higuain scoring 5 goals, doesn't help. He's missing chances he used to bury at Juventus. I would agree that he's getting less service, but he's also actively ruining build-up play that prevents service from really being possible.

Hakan also has been scoring far less than he should, he has a powerful shot, and he's been so off with his shot, it's annoying to watch. His passing to spread the play has been good, but his passing in the final third has been really bad. But he's been playing hurt, because Samu has been really bad. I think he's done the best as a false 9 or SS, and I'd rather play him there behind Cutrone at this point than Higuain.

Suso has started to play poorly, but I think he's been playing hurt, especially the last few weeks. He's not fast, but he still had this hitch to his running gait. So I'm not going to hate him--and I've never been a Suso fan.

Long story short: if Gattuso isn't fired, I would imagine it is because Leo, Maldini, and company feel that he's done well considering the circumstances--especially when you look at the length of time he's been without 2 of 3 starting midfielders for most of the season.

Great post. If Leo and Paolo are of this opinion then they need to do their damnedest to get him those 2-3 starting midfielders during the winter mercato. And not Sensi or Duncan who are decent but not of the quality needed to replace Biglia and Jack.

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
Great post. If Leo and Paolo are of this opinion then they need to do their damnedest to get him those 2-3 starting midfielders during the winter mercato. And not Sensi or Duncan who are decent but not of the quality needed to replace Biglia and Jack.

Great post indeed.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
In the past few hours, Jorge Mendes has proposed former Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim to Milan [@86_longo of @cmdotcom]

A Jardim rumour. Finally!

Jardim managed to get a big spending club to the relegation zone?

Rino resta

Monaco sold their best players every season so considering that it is not surprising it all went down the drain after a few years.

Jardim did well to beat PSG to one league title and reach semis of CL with a selling club.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
what's Jardim's formation? 4-2-3-1? Hope not :D hate that shit

Doesnt seem like he's gonna ask for purchases though

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what's Jardim's formation? 4-2-3-1? Hope not :D hate that shit

Doesnt seem like he's gonna ask for purchases though

Mostly 4-4-2 in the past apparently but also 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3.

Seems tactically adept and worth a shot but as with anyone else including Rino, it is on our stellar management team to bring in top quality players to support their choice of manager.

Crunch time for Leo and Paolo.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No pre match press conference from Rino tomorrow? Usually they announce the presser ahead of time.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I think Wenger actually coming only as a caretaker.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Gattuso’s press conference is scheduled for 2pm local time tomorrow.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CM reporting us vs Chelsea for Lozano. Would be nice to hear it from a more reliable source. If true would be fantastic. We need more pace and drive on that left hand side

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Jardim is actually an idea that makes sense. At least he is trying to play attractive football from what I remember. I wouldn't expect any miracles though. Hakan won't turn into James Rodriguez just by changing the coach but IF we're going to change, let's go for someone with a big name that likes playing offensive football, who deserves to be given time.

Oh and I forgot - let's not make it a gigantic cunt that is historically tied to criminals or Arsene Wenger because fuck Arsene Wenger.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh and I forgot - let's not make it a gigantic cunt that is historically tied to criminals or Arsene Wenger because fuck Arsene Wenger.

:star:
Couldn't have put it more eloquently myself!

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Jardim is probably the best realistic candidate. He led Monaco to a title over PSG, that’s pretty impressive imo. Monaco also had a great CL run, over the last two seasons they’ve sold all the key players he had and replaced them with average players. Monaco are still playing like absolute ass without him.

I wouldn’t be upset if he came to Milan, there’s better coaches out there but the would want to come here in our current state? We’re not a top club atm and there’s A LOT of work to be done to get us back to the top.

Last edited:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jardim is probably the best realistic candidate. He led Monaco to a title over PSG, that’s pretty impressive imo. Monaco also had a great CL run, over the last two seasons they’ve sold all the key players he had and replaced them with average players. Monaco are still playing like absolute ass without him.

I wouldn’t be upset if he came to Milan, there’s better coaches out there but the would want to come here in our current state? We’re not a top club atm and there’s A LOT of work to be done to get us back to the top.

Indeed. As fans I think most of us know where we are at and have been at for some time now since Ibra and Thiago Silva left us. We're not looking for immediate three in a row CLs and an uninterrupted 10 year domination of Serie A. We're not fantasizing about attracting players like Neymar and Mbappe, or coaches like Pep or Klopp - not yet at least. We're looking for a project with clarity, attractive football and an indication that we are moving in the right direction.

That maybe we can scale the heights of before in 3-5 years. I'm sure that's congruent with what Elliot are planning. I'm also sure that Leo and Paolo know this and are working hard towards it.

I was content with Gattuso earlier in the season because there was some indication that he was growing and evolving and had a sense of direction and purpose. However more recently he has seemed lost and we can't afford to lose another season. Leo and Paolo need to address it by either supporting Rino to the hilt by giving him champions on the field and some help on the bench, or they need to diplomatically replace him with someone capable who can give us that long-term project back to the top in 3-5 years. The only available name acceptable at the moment has to be Jardim.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Indeed. As fans I think most of us know where we are at and have been at for some time now since Ibra and Thiago Silva left us. We're not looking for immediate three in a row CLs and an uninterrupted 10 year domination of Serie A. We're not fantasizing about attracting players like Neymar and Mbappe, or coaches like Pep or Klopp - not yet at least. We're looking for a project with clarity, attractive football and an indication that we are moving in the right direction.

That maybe we can scale the heights of before in 3-5 years. I'm sure that's congruent with what Elliot are planning. I'm also sure that Leo and Paolo know this and are working hard towards it.

I was content with Gattuso earlier in the season because there was some indication that he was growing and evolving and had a sense of direction and purpose. However more recently he has seemed lost and we can't afford to lose another season. Leo and Paolo need to address it by either supporting Rino to the hilt by giving him champions on the field and some help on the bench, or they need to diplomatically replace him with someone capable who can give us that long-term project back to the top in 3-5 years. The only available name acceptable at the moment has to be Jardim.

Absolutely spot on, great post :thumbsup:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Obviously, if I could pick anyone, I'd probably pick Klopp. Not only is he great in the man management department and very competent tactically but he has been good in situations where resources weren't abundant. He already has experience upsetting 1 team league hierarchies but I don't think anyone here thinks he's available to us right now.

He's perfect in the same sense that Alexandra Daddario is perfect - fits all the boxes but unrealistic at this point of time for me.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What else are you predicting

I was predicting that a stupid girl will quote me.
And I'm right.

1RXYBxd_700wa_0.gif

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players