Week 4 : Milan vs Udinese - 17/09/2017 15:00 CEST

crazyultras

The Wise Baboon
Reaction score
am i the only who feels that conti will be back in january?
our medical staff alway ive the worst case scenario for return date, same happened for bona, romagnoli, biglia's injury
ACL is really tough, but i think that 3 months will be enough for andrea

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
How can you nurture Silva by not playing him AT ALL like today? I'm not sure that such a heavy handed approach is required or healthy for a 21 year old international striker.

Ease him in.. that's fine. But at some point you gotta let him prove himself

youre talking as if we re on matchday 15

0 patience

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Games over guys, no point in arguing. Memes aside, I am actually happy with VAR. Even if I'd love to see another Kalinic goal, VAR did save us from an offside goal in the beginning and that could've turned the match considerably.

VAR all the way baby.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
our medical staff alway ive the worst case scenario for return date, same happened for bona, romagnoli, biglia's injury

Even if he does get cleared we shouldnt rush it

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Highlights :

.. and I can't believe that once upon a time there was a parents who named their baby Lasagna even though that is his family name .. sorry 😁

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
3 pts :thumbsup: Such a relief to see Kalinic and Calabria had a good game. Kessie and Biglia were great a well. However, defense is still shaky. Bonucci is bad at 1-on-1

I think they need to be more flexible with VAR. It should be used in controversial situations only. No one really cares when it comes down to few centimeter offside call like Kalinic's goal

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Shit..had to miss the game...was out sailing :(

anyone with the full game link?

https://twitter.com/RossoneriBlog/status/909440956990197761

Yes you are. Our doctors don't want him to tear his ACL again

How can you nurture Silva by not playing him AT ALL like today? I'm not sure that such a heavy handed approach is required or healthy for a 21 year old international striker.

Ease him in.. that's fine. But at some point you gotta let him prove himself

Dude relax. The season is still very long. He'll get his chance. It's not like he wasn't given any minute at all.

All the bitching about Silva not playing in this forum is getting very annoying :fp:

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Extended highlights

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Good game today, pretty much everyone put in a shift. Nice to see playing well, without Montolivo and Borini the team is better already. Alessio made a crazy mistake today, but this is his first Serie A game of the season he gets a pace. I hope he stays injury free for a while because this back three has crazy potential. Zapata and Gomez can come in every now and then and Milan will be fine. The midfield was good as well. Kessie is a very good player already and is on pace to become world class. Bonaventura has to keep starting as long as he is healthy too.

And nice job Calabria, he put in a good game got his assist. You guys saying he would relegate Madrid, and a whole bunch of dumb stuff are way too much.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
We certainly improved offensively, but we really need to improve defensively.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just saw the replay of the game. Got to give it to Kalinic. He had a great game, and it wasn't just the goals. If he continues like that I will be very happy to admit that I was too harsh on him when we signed him.
Kessie back to beasting, Biglia showing how important he will be for us, Calabria great performance for a change, could be that the position change can turn him into a solid player for us.
The back 3 on the other hand were very shaky, needs to be sorted out asap.
VAR was fair, the offside goal of Kalinic looked harshly disallowed because of how close it was, but the same thing on the other side with Lasagna, so it equals itself out.
All in all a good game attacking-wise but the defence needs to be sorted out if we're gonna aim for the top 4.

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
still dissapointed that we let a guy called lasagna get one past us...its ultimate humiliation

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Just saw the replay of the game. Got to give it to Kalinic. He had a great game, and it wasn't just the goals. If he continues like that I will be very happy to admit that I was too harsh on him when we signed him.
Kessie back to beasting, Biglia showing how important he will be for us, Calabria great performance for a change, could be that the position change can turn him into a solid player for us.
The back 3 on the other hand were very shaky, needs to be sorted out asap.
VAR was fair, the offside goal of Kalinic looked harshly disallowed because of how close it was, but the same thing on the other side with Lasagna, so it equals itself out.
All in all a good game attacking-wise but the defence needs to be sorted out if we're gonna aim for the top 4.

:thumbsup:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli

Uhmmmm, this isn't logical. His perfomances with Fiorentina were far better than with us, and keep in mind he's still our newest buy and hasn't adapted to us yet. I was against him too though
Were you even watching his games Raz when you were against us signing him? :D

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Three points! Forza Milan!

Romagnoli learns from his mistakes so I'm not at all worried.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
This team scares the hell out of me on the defensive side of things. Good teams are going to tear them apart.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
still dissapointed that we let a guy called lasagna get one past us...its ultimate humiliation

Fuckin Lasagna always finds a way to score against us. Scored against us last season as well. But this was totally a brain fart by Romagnoli.

I miss clean sheets!!

azbond007

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Kaka Sheva Pato Nesta T.Silva Messi Ozil Zidane DeLima Seedorf
Good Game, Bonnucci looks shaky in 1 on 1 situations. Romagnoli is our best defender (The Mistake Aside). that beign said, Silva and Hakan have to start vs SPAL, Suso looks bad playing out of position, We can play him instead of Calabria on Wednesday, We wouldnt be under too much pressure defensively playing vs SPAL. This is the perfect game to ease Silva into the Serie A. FORZA MILAN

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's still a way to go for this team to get used to the 352. But so far it looks promissing - and anyway, at this point that's our tactics and Montella can't play anything else.

Our defense is the obvious problem here. Romagnoli didn't have a preseason, Bonucci arrived late and Biglia was set back by injuries... They'll need some time to get better.
But make no mistake, this team will not be a cagey team with the best defensive numbers in the League. That's not Montella style and the management bought players thinking about a more offensive and possession-oriented team.
We need most of all to use he players to their strenghts and expose the defense a lot less than now and for this it's needed more possession (Bonucci and Biglia dictating games being the key here, but we got a team technical enough for this) and also a better pressing game upfront.

It's really a shame about Conti. He was perfect for this formation and he already has some chemistry with Kessie.

Montella make the right call for the attack. Kalinic is crucial for this system, specially against midtable Seria A teams. He's the out ball and the runners need his work. Look at his pivot work in the first goal - that's exactly it. He may eventually play Suso and Andre... But that will make the attack very lightweight. Anyway, there is more than enough playing time for 3 players.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Far too much whining here. Silva this Montella that. We won and the scoreline could have been a lot bigger. Their goal came from a gift which was also the case against Cagliari.

The season is long and with playing in Europe everyone will get a chance. Everyone is saying that Silva should have played while ignoring how well Cutrone did when he came on

Kaka06/07

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saelemaekers
Like the rotation, love the win. At full strength we have players who can really dominate possession. Even our cb can really move the ball. Wanna see what we can do after Christmas

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
nik-nik-nik kola-kola-kola

niko-niko-niko kali-kali-kali

attendance numbers, anyone?
tumblr_owfj3jQzCE1sjcjvuo1_1280.png

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score
Bonucci missing Barz/Chilieni?

Seems a bit shaky in the back. I'm sure they'll improve as the season goes on.

Yes it is important that Silver players, though it is even more important that Montella manages his personnel.

Season is long and there are plenty of opportunities to share the load.

I just hope he doesn't end up like Honda.. who sat despite the consistently average performance of others.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We bougth almost new team, of course they need time to gel. Put messi in this team, there ll be misplaced passes and errors.
Kessie needs to work on decision making, hes trying shoots from impossible positions. Pass sometimes dude.
Also around 50k attendance.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Schedule