Bidders for the 2018/2022 Fifa World Cup™

Choose your preferable country to present the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
No it is not... the way I look at it the country that organises must have at least some football history.

They have no where near enough quality to play in the WC and yet they get a free bid :rolleyes:

Not the way I see it I guess, I rather this sport bring all happiness to all region. And isn't held WC is one way to establish the history ?

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Im telling you guys seriously let's all pool in money and buy the 2026 World Cup for Fiji.

:D

It is easier to just ask Liechenstein or Luxemburg to organise. They are both rich countries and have never been to the WC... I don´t even think they ever won a qualification game.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Cool.. we gonna have a world cup in Catar.

Better than have one in England.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
You all haters... he said so nicely that you also must learn how to lose :head:

He is an idiot... football could go miles ahead if people like him would just give there lovely leather seats in FIFA away and retire.

It's an easy thing to say when you're a clueless cunt that now knows the world thinks he + the rest of Fifa are corrupt as fuck (I'm saying that word so much I feel like a Liverpool fan).

1st round KO...I can't get my head around that. Sky Sports got everything right with their "sources" - I thought it was meant to be confidential?

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
No it is not... the way I look at it the country that organises must have at least some football history.

They have no where near enough quality to play in the WC and yet they get a free bid :rolleyes:

so6p can correct me if im wrong but the qatarian league is the strongest in that region.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
so6p can correct me if im wrong but the qatarian league is the strongest in that region.

And where does that region rate in the world?

There are even some bad Slovenian players playing there just to grab some money.

The quality of football there is really questionable.

Slovenia beat Qatar for a joke in March 2010

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Athletic Bilbao would whoop the Qatar NT any day of the week.

My guess is that in the next few years, Qatar is going to offer young footballers from other countries citizenship to join their NT. By 2022, it will be a team of international mercenaries.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I don't understand how we managed to finish last, there is surely something wrong there. Below Holland/Belgium's bid, really?

That's the main issue. Not the fact that we lost. There is no way we should be last. We supposedly had the best guide (or whatever it's called). We're set for infrustructure, stadiums, facilities, support, and we don't need that much money from Fifa. We haven't had it for over 40 years ect.

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
And where does that region rate in the world?

does it matter, it will do them good in football and the region as a whole, and who is to say thay wont become a better team come 2022.

they deserve their chance and they have the money to do it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
TBH Qatar could be a good choice if they can sort out travel(airports) and cooling systems. I just don't see how Russia can get it?

2 of the biggest teams are thousands of miles from each other, and so 2 of the best stadiums are thousands of miles from each other. It's unbearably cold, is a barren wasteland between the sparse populated areas, half of the good stadiums are in Moscow alone. They have to build everything. They have 11 different time zones for crying out loud, when do Italy play? Is it 1PM or is it 11PM. How fucking ridiculous.

England already has stadiums, a few of which could be improved but really not too much need for it. England has a great infrastructure and time arrangements aren't a problem, travel isn't a problem. And everyone knows that despite how scummy some of our fans are, we'd make a great atmosphere. Racism is rife in Russia, in England it's rare to say the least.

Qatar was the luxury(and coughbribedcough) choice. England would have been the logical choice for all intents and purposes; instead it goes to old, might aswell be a nuclear wasteland, Russia.

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
Fifa have completely lost it i don't mind it not being hosted in england but allowing to be played in russia is just ridiculous to say the least especially since they have one of the largest fascist movements in western europe something that has been conveniently ignored ever since they first bided for the tournament.

And South Africa has a highest crime rate in the world.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Racism is rife in Russia, in England it's rare to say the least.
This will make me laugh when the WC comes around. For all FIFA's campaigning against racism they go and hand it to one of the most racist countries in the world.

odemwingie-banner.jpg

Not to mention the abuse our players got when we played Russia in the Euro qualifiying.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What's with the hate against Qatar people? It's not their fault they got the WC is it?

and the argument that the football there is bad is BS. The WC is for the people, South Africa didn't get it because the football there is top notch, but because it was time for a African country. And now it's time for an arab country. I wanted England to get it, but Qatar getting it is fair to.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
That's the main issue. Not the fact that we lost. There is no way we should be last. We supposedly had the best guide (or whatever it's called). We're set for infrustructure, stadiums, facilities, support, and we don't need that much money from Fifa. We haven't had it for over 40 years ect.

I dont think its Englands fault, FIFA are probably trying to spread Football to newer regions by giving them a chance. Not sure but thats how i perceive it.

Places like Ukraine and Russia have emerged recently on the European radar in club football. You've got Abramovich, then CSKA and Shakhtar winning the Uefa cup, i heard even the 2013 UCL in in Kiev and Moscow had it recently so its just a matter of giving the newer nations a chance.

Euro 2012 is in Ukraine as well and im sure Russia can host a successful tournament.

Last edited:

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
TBH Qatar could be a good choice if they can sort out travel(airports) and cooling systems. I just don't see how Russia can get it?

2 of the biggest teams are thousands of miles from each other, and so 2 of the best stadiums are thousands of miles from each other. It's unbearably cold, is a barren wasteland between the sparse populated areas, half of the good stadiums are in Moscow alone. They have to build everything. They have 11 different time zones for crying out loud, when do Italy play? Is it 1PM or is it 11PM. How fucking ridiculous.

It's actually very warm in Russia during the summer :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
It's actually very warm in Russia during the summer :)

Fair enough. But still, my other points still stand. Everything Russia can do, England does better. It's just ridiculous bias that had it handed to Russia.

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players

It's got little to do with quality of bid anymore. It's all about politics. The press in England called out FIFA's corruption and England got blackballed. FIFA knows it's corrupt as hell and wants to stay that way. The media scrutiny if England had won the bid would have been very threatening to the powers that be.

It's obvious that Qatar bought their bid and I'm quite certain Russia's mafia system had a lot to do with them getting the 2018 World Cup. Both tournaments will be built with the sweat and toil of the poor and ALL the profits will go to the wealthy organizers. In Qatar's case, there won't be any profits, they just brought in a bag of money and that was enough to play with the big boys.

If Italy ever wants to host the WC again, they need to speak FIFA's language. Put Moggi in charge and he'll get Italy the 2026 WC.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Fair enough. But still, my other points still stand. Everything Russia can do, England does better. It's just ridiculous bias that had it handed to Russia.

lol GTFO

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Am i wrong? No.

Everything that influences a world cup sans gas reserves, England does better. You're plain stupid if you disagree.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Now that is classic ignorance.

I understand you are upset but this is just a swing and a miss.

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Qatar is a joke. USA or Australia should got this WC. But on the other hand, FIFA plans China for 2026 so Australia had no chance at all. Yet USA was the strongest candidate, but some sheikh decided to screw it`s bid with pouring big money into FIFA officials` pockets. Sad but true.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Am i wrong? No.

Everything that influences a world cup sans gas reserves, England does better. You're plain stupid if you disagree.

Kuja, I understand you heard the word 'sans' in English class referring to the right type of font, but STFU.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan

It is bias and i know your hurt but England doesnt do everything better than Russia.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
What's with the hate against Qatar people? It's not their fault they got the WC is it?

and the argument that the football there is bad is BS. The WC is for the people, South Africa didn't get it because the football there is top notch, but because it was time for a African country. And now it's time for an arab country. I wanted England to get it, but Qatar getting it is fair to.

+1 (lol, its the first time we're agreeing to each other?)

Qatar, arab, n asia deserve it.
Do japan n SK fail 2002 WC ? Do china fail the olympic ?

And with keep growing talent, infrastructure, n fanbase, asia region deserve FIFA attention.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini

Yes agreed, but there's nothing wrong with giving it to a country that never hosted a WC before.
I actually couldn't care less who hosts it, I cheered for Australia because I think they'd do a great job, but let's wait and see before judging Russia. They have alot of money to invest, they have a solid competition and a good national team. So I guess they could do a great job too.
(I can understand the English their frustration, but it's pointless really)

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Am i wrong? No.

u mad!

engalnd!!!

princes william!!!!!!!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Am i wrong? No.

1: the football aspect isn't the only aspect to have in mind

2: Russia have time to improve

3: You don't know how the England presentation was, maybe it wasn't good enough.

4: Even though I wanted England, I'm happy they didn't get it now, had forgotten about the arrogance.

5: You should be happy, it's better to get humiliated in Russia and Qatar than at home isn't it? ;)

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Qatar is a joke. USA or Australia should got this WC. But on the other hand, FIFA plans China for 2026 so Australia had no chance at all. Yet USA was the strongest candidate, but some sheikh decided to screw it`s bid with pouring big money into FIFA officials` pockets. Sad but true.

China 2026 can't happen since Qatar got 2022. It will have to be a nation from North America, Africa or South America.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
4: Even though I wanted England, I'm happy they didn't get it now, had forgotten about the arrogance.
Arrogance? That's shite considering you even wanted us to host it, because we WOULD do it best. That's why it's a load of shit, mostly because we managed to finish last.

People have a right to be pissed off. Calling it arrogance is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.