UCL Round of 16 - AC Milan (0) vs Tottenham Hotspurs (1) - 1st Leg - 15/02/2011

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Cassano CAN play in the cl. he only played in the qualifiers and the rules changed this season

No he can't, he play in freaking 4rd round.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
CASSANO CANNOT PLAY IN THE CL THIS YEAR.

He would be eligible if he played in the first, second or third qualifying round only, but he played in the PLAY-OFF ROUND, which the 4th.

He played in the 4th round, which means he can't play for another team further on.

Again, HE CANNOT PLAY.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
Lennon has more pace, acceleration and agility that Bale, I believe, and he is getting into some good form. It wouldn't be very wise to have Zambro mark him. Anto, if he's having a good day, should be able to manage, but it would be nice to have someone that's a bit more reliable. Ziegler, maybe? Former Tottenham player himself..

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope we get Pato fit and ready this game and our attack will be Binho, Ibra, Pato in an X mas tree with Pato at the head or

Binho as no 10 with Zlatan taking that spot as usual many times during the game. In Binho and Pato we will have 2 of the fastest players in the field and will give Spurs defense nightmares with Ibra.

Bench Pirlo and Dorf and have a hardworking midfield - some variation of Ambro/Rino/Flamini/Prince in the middle. Flamini shd be a must cos of his EPL experience. He will shine in these match ups.

Abate, Nesta, Silva and a new LB and we will beat Spurs and progress.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Meh for CL we better play like this

2 forward

Boateng

Pirlo - whoever DM

Ambro

That way we will defend with 8 people (current football standard) n pirlo long ball will help our fast break.

btw I'm willing to bet my money Jenas will play instead Lennon for this one, so spurs will play their unbalanced 4-4-2 (Actually this make them more balanced lol) with VdV as "forward"

But actually that will give us more chance to dominating them, because their defense is sucks whatsoever, as long we're clinical in front of goal I'm confident with our chance.

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
as long we're clinical in front of goal I'm confident with our chance.

to me it'll look like a tactic battle, milan being in advantage on this.

as you say, we 'll have fix our two main problesm

- being clinical upfront
- manage the game from 1->90min especially when leading: that's MIlan biggest threat since 10 years. we are the best at conceinding goals in the last moment. 'pool fans know it perfectly...

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
we gonna win.. if we stay together in defense.

that the way it is..

and throwing the ball to ibra.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Did Tottenham participate in the Formula competition we're in?

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
i think we sould be able to beat tottenham . They have a terrible defence and if we could play as good as them in attack(which should be the case) we should win

ToonInvader

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Seedorf, Zidane, Inzaghi
i think we sould be able to beat tottenham . They have a terrible defence and if we could play as good as them in attack(which should be the case) we should win

had dinner with english cousins yesterday and they werent really optimistic for Milan as they're pretty sure we won't have many chances to beat tottn at WH.

I think we'll have to destroy em at home.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Every English person is blindly faithful and arrogant about English teams. If Tottenham were playing Barcelona they'd still claim that Spurs are favourites.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
Every English person is blindly faithful and arrogant about English teams. If Tottenham were playing Barcelona they'd still claim that Spurs are favourites.

agreed.

i watch the epl all the time, my brother is a man utd fan and ive watched spurs a couple of times this season.

they can make it hard for any team, but in the end all they have is a fit fast group of players.

they arent on the same level as chelsea, arsenal, man utd.... so why they think they will kill us in england and force us at home is stupid.

last seasons 4-0 against man utd wasnt fun for any of us, but in the end it may come to help us now, as this is what we are being based on.

that starting 11 team had hunt, borri, janku, bonera and a developing abate.

plus it was missing nesta and pato.

now we have ibra, robinho, prince, an abate who is looking like he could be a very good player and hopefully everyone available for this champions league clash.

i honestly have no worries about beating any english team apart from chelsea and possibly arsenal because of their quick movement and pace.

have faith that we can show these spurs noobs the difference of class.

Idmilanista

Beginner
Reaction score
if i were to say, milan have not prove a lot this season based on the way they played big teams. we lost to juv,roma. lost and drew to ajax, narrow win against inter, a penalty. we need to step up, cassano coming in is a big boost to the milan team. tot are a good side we should be weary of bale and lennon, both are in the form of their life but we nevre can tell it's still about seven weeks ahead. FORZA MILAN

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
if i were to say, milan have not prove a lot this season based on the way they played big teams. we lost to juv,roma. lost and drew to ajax, narrow win against inter, a penalty. we need to step up, cassano coming in is a big boost to the milan team. tot are a good side we should be weary of bale and lennon, both are in the form of their life but we nevre can tell it's still about seven weeks ahead. FORZA MILAN

Totaly agree. I don't understand why you guys always say about tactical battle and then we play a team like them and they have 15 shots in first 20minutes.
Tactics are simple. Play for defensive draw away. Don't loose first half at home. As simple as that.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Here's a look at the goals from Spurs' last five premier league games. It is quit clear that they score a lot of their goals from set piece situations, and by exploiting the opponentss LB, mainly for pace.. So we shouldn't be playing Zambro at LB, and maybe, keep a high defensive line from free kicks?

Aston Villa 1-2 Tottenham

http://www.footyhighlights.info/?me...m&eventId=1309&currentDate=2010-12-26&lang=uk

Both of Tottenham's goal came by exploiting Villa's LB for pace.. And Villa's goal came from overpowering Spurs' RB..

Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_jKuR3Hc68&feature=fvst

Spurs' goal came mainly because of some good CF play by Pavlyuchenko. Chelsea's came from dominating Spurs' RB for power.

Birmingham 1-1 Tottenham

http://www.footyhighlights.info/?me...om&eventId=977&currentDate=2010-12-04&lang=uk

Tottenham's goal came from a scramble in the box from a free kick.. Birmingham's came from a long ball to the LB area of Spurs' defense..

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

http://www.footyhighlights.info/?me...om&eventId=879&currentDate=2010-11-28&lang=uk

Liverpool's goal came from a set piece scramble. One of Spurs' goals was an OG. The winner came from exploiting the Liverpool LB for pace.

Arsenal 2-3 Tottenham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_7BNmzaIXk

Arsenal's first came from beating the Spurs' CB-LB area and the second came from beating th Spurs' RB. Spurs scord their first with a counter through the middle. The second was a penalty. The third was from a free kick into the box.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Spurs seem to get a lot of cards(reds also) lately.We should profit from this,hope Allegri tells the players to put the Spurs ones into difficult situation so that they get sent off:D

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jenas will miss the first leg due to suspension, I believe. Van Der Waart could miss the second leg if he picks up a booking in the second. And for us, Zambro, Gattuso, Boateng and Ambrosini are a booking away from missing the second leg. So we too, have to be solid.. In fact, we have the most number of yellow cards of any club in the champions league this season. Also, we commit a large number of fouls.. So we could even say that we play dirty.. :D

Last edited:

jooceman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You have to be mindful of English teams vs us. They LOVE to stretch the field and send in lucky crosses. This is exactly what we hate and exactly what we're weak against. If we play Antonini AND Abate throughout either one of those legs we'll be hurting.

I really hope we bring in a quality fullback. We shoulda kept Cissokho :(

jooceman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
My main concern is the CAM in 4312 we play, because with Boateng there, I am sorry, we will lose in Europe sooner and later. Too bad Cassano can not play in CL :(

I think someone else touched base on the idea of doing an Xmas tree with Ibra and Binho on the sides and Pato at the top. That could be sexy but we're long past the time of being able to test out formations.

Darlington

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone who helps get more scudetto and CL!
I'm not any scared of Bale! I'm not scared of ''Hurry Redscalp''! I'm not scared of any guy in that ''Tortoiseham'' side! but who I'm scared about, Allergic! I'm scared of this guy cuz he really doesn't know what to do when our game is in trouble; he doesn't know who to change and who to change with; he doesn't know when to change and how to change. O shits, how can he know who to change and to change with when he barely knows who's not playing well?lol

Shootster

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm not any scared of Bale! I'm not scared of ''Hurry Redscalp''! I'm not scared of any guy in that ''Tortoiseham'' side! but who I'm scared about, Allergic! I'm scared of this guy cuz he really doesn't know what to do when our game is in trouble; he doesn't know who to change and who to change with; he doesn't know when to change and how to change. O shits, how can he know who to change and to change with when he barely knows who's not playing well?lol

ahahahahahahaha!!!! :D

Allegri,lol allergic? sadly our coach is mediocre :head:

I have no hopes for cL,we should focus on the league and even that its going to be difficult.
Inter is back full strength with a new coach,juve,lazio,napoli,roma the competition is going to be fierce.

alipato7

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka maldini nesta ronaldinho pato t.silva
well i think in the first leg at home u will be lucky to get a draw and you will lose at least 2-0 to them at white heart lane

Last edited:

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will attempt to bring former England captain David Beckham to White Hart Lane on loan from LA Galaxy in January.

The Major League Soccer season restarts on 15 March, giving Redknapp hope of a temporary deal for the 35-year-old.

"We'll contact LA Galaxy to see if they will let him go and if David is up for a three-month deal, we will definitely be interested," said Redknapp.

Beckham had similar spells on loan at Italian club AC Milan in 2009 and 2010....

...An offer from Spurs would include the chance for Beckham to take on former club AC Milan over two legs in the last 16 of the Champions League on 15 February and 9 March.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9331809.stm

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
well i think in the first leg at home u will be lucky to get a draw and you will lose at least 2-0 to them at white heart lane

Yep, Tottenham are so good that they're favourites to win at San Siro and WHL?

I don't think so. We're favourites for a reason, fans are so blind and stupid. Underestimate us at your own risk.

Our defence and Attack smashes theirs but their midfield has better attacking qualities while ours is better defensively.

We have all the tools to cancel them out and punish their weaknesses. Why does nobody see this?

alipato7

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yep, Tottenham are so good that they're favourites to win at San Siro and WHL?

I don't think so. We're favourites for a reason, fans are so blind and stupid. Underestimate us at your own risk.

Our defence and Attack smashes theirs but their midfield has better attacking qualities while ours is better defensively.

We have all the tools to cancel them out and punish their weaknesses. Why does nobody see this?

your "logical" argument will mean nothing when bale and van der vaart smash your old and slow team i cant wait

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
your "logical" argument will mean nothing when bale and van der vaart smash your old and slow team i cant wait

So your throwing logic out of the window to appease what you want? Ok then, great argument there.

Van Der Vaart? Can be handled by Ambro and Pirlo together.

Bale? He'll come up against Abate and Rino. If he can't beat Rafael, i don't see him beating a faster RB and a rejuvenated DM.

Lennon? I don't see much danger from him.

Now who'll keep Ibra quiet? Gallas? What about Robinho? Assou-Ekotto? Other forward? Dawson?

I don't see us having problems there.

alipato7

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So your throwing logic out of the window to appease what you want? Ok then, great argument there.

Van Der Vaart? Can be handled by Ambro and Pirlo together.

Bale? He'll come up against Abate and Rino. If he can't beat Rafael, i don't see him beating a faster RB and a rejuvenated DM.

Lennon? I don't see much danger from him.

Now who'll keep Ibra quiet? Gallas? What about Robinho? Assou-Ekotto? Other forward? Dawson?

I don't see us having problems there.
gatusso cant handle bales pace and abate canty handle his technique u r dead

Schedule