Alessandro Nesta Thread

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
We're really blessed to have had the likes of Maldini and Nesta playing together defending the Milan shirt. No defender can ever be more classier than those two. Just Legends. #3 and #13 <3

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Silva is in the conversation for the best defender in the world right now, Nesta is in the conversation with the best defenders in the history of the game...

Personally, I believe he is the best defender post-Baresi.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
The only time I saw Nesta owned was by Ronaldinho, that's why I think Dinho on his good day was 100 times better and more exciting than Messi.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The only time I saw Nesta owned was by Ronaldinho, that's why I think Dinho on his good day was 100 times better and more exciting than Messi.

you mean that goal at camp nou? how was that owning nesta?

ibra owned nesta once though, when he played for inter...

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Silva is in the conversation for the best defender in the world right now, Nesta is in the conversation with the best defenders in the history of the game...

Personally, I believe he is the best defender post-Baresi.

After Maldini, yes. Maldini Baresi Nesta Silva are top 4. I personally rank Maldini as the first, but most people on here would place Baresi first.

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
you mean that goal at camp nou? how was that owning nesta?

ibra owned nesta once though, when he played for inter...

No I think once during the San Siro game SF he did a really sexy trick and Nesta left behind.

That Ibra one I remember was just because Ibra did it really good and Nest was out of position trying to cover someone else's fuck up, If you mean the same one that he flicked the ball over him and scored, I'm not sure though.

stopping Messi is a mental thing, that's why it's easy for Nesta.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I think barring the penalty, Nesta was quite frankly outstanding.

badboybjörn

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think barring the penalty, Nesta was quite frankly outstanding.

I agree and the pen was bs aswell so..

Is there a camera angle from the other side of the pen situation. Cant really figure out why he dident let go of busq unless he was beeing dragged down aswell.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I agree and the pen was bs aswell so..

Is there a camera angle from the other side of the pen situation. Cant really figure out why he dident let go of busq unless he was beeing dragged down aswell.

Most if not all defenders do what Nesta did at corners, shirt pulling in the box is, rightly or wrongly, part of the game.

The problem is, if you do it against FC Diving Midgets, it has to be a penalty, because UEFA said so ;)

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Most if not all defenders do what Nesta did at corners, shirt pulling in the box is, rightly or wrongly, part of the game.

The problem is, if you do it against FC Diving Midgets, it has to be a penalty, because UEFA said so ;)

:thumbsup:

My first reaction was Nesta been infringed by Puyol.Then again I'm biased so maybe I was seeing what I wanted to see?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...d-by-penalty-decision-hints-he-has-played-his

I don't like that last line, if he intends on retiring then fine, if it's to piss off to Jube.........EXTENSION NOW pls!

Last edited:

Maldiniac

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he's retiring this season :( ...also Sheva owned him during his lazio years :p

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Nesta: 'Puyol fouled me first' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alessandro Nesta explains what happened during the second Barcelona penalty incident. Carles “Puyol fouled me first.”

The game was all square on 1-1 just before half-time when Nesta was penalised for tugging Sergio Busquets’ shirt, though he was simultaneously hauled back by Puyol.

“I pulled Busquets a bit, but I was being blocked from behind by Puyol. It was a foul on me as well. At least from what I saw on the pitch, the referee awarded the foul before the ball was in play,” Nesta told Sky Sport Italia after Milan’s 3-1 defeat.

“In Italy they give many more fouls in general, whereas in Europe they give fewer fouls and more of these penalties for shirt tugs. I think the referee could’ve done a lot better tonight.

“We could’ve done a bit better on the counter-attack, seeing as we scored with that tactic. We scared them a few times, but then we stopped doing it properly. It’s Barcelona and you can’t get anything wrong against them.

“We had the game back on level terms, but they have Leo Messi, who for me is 70 per cent of the team. He makes the difference.

“They are the strongest team in the world, but Milan have what it takes and potential investments to close the gap.”

idiot puyol :mad:

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla
whatever the fuck anybody says, this man is a legend and i put him at the same level as baresi and maldini, they're not better than nesta!! He isnt owned by anyone, the only times when somebody passes him is because of the mistakes hes team mates make which forces him to be off position. in my opinion very underrated and the best defender in the history of the game NO DOUBT!!!!! together with maldini and baresi! imagine the backline: Cafu Nesta Stam Maldini vs barca, they would fuck those midgets anally, fucking forza nesta
Love this guy ever since i began watching football

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
By they, you mean those barca players right?

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
ermmm, i think he is leaving for Jube instead. His friends are all there. Only a couple of his long time friends are left here. Seedorf, Gat, Ambro, Abbs, Inzaghi and Cassano?. Even so, most of them are leaving.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
together with maldini and baresi! imagine the backline: Cafu Nesta Stam Maldini vs barca, they would fuck those midgets anally, fucking forza nesta

I think we played against them in that formation in the 05/06 Semifinals. 1-0 loss on aggregate. The ref anal fucked us instead, *ahem* Puyol *ahem* dive *ahem*

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isn't shirt pulling by the laws of the game a foul? So, in theory it is a penalty. The problem is it is almost never given. The ref usually have a word with both players and then it stops. Also, shirt pulling happens all the time on set-pieces.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
Isn't shirt pulling by the laws of the game a foul? So, in theory it is a penalty. The problem is it is almost never given. The ref usually have a word with both players and then it stops. Also, shirt pulling happens all the time on set-pieces.

What mostly concerns is that the ball wasn't even in the game, that is simply ******** to call a penalty.

gucciluc

Nesta
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Maldini, Ronaldo Fenomeno, Thiago Silva, Zidane, Pirlo, S. Cazorla
Is sky really saying that nesta will get a +1 year renewal? i soo hope thats true, i want him to retire at milan.. mexes and thiago can still learn stuff from this legend.

Can anyone confirm its true what sky says?

Falkryr

The Champion !
Reaction score
Still the best in Milans defens ... It would be stupid if let he go now

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Still the best in Milans defens ... It would be stupid if let he go now

It's not up to us now, even if Milan offer him a contract. Sandro decides his future now.

Though, I remember him saying he and his family loves the city of Milan and would like to stay longer.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Why would he leave a better club for Juventus? People can relax.

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
How didn't that man fuck up only once,he was so calm when 1-2 players were pressing him..Simply outstanding..

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

Such strictness in abiding rules is applied only when it comes to Barca and only when theyre in trouble. :thumbsdown:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Still golden, he had a brilliant match last night.

I do hope he extends. The idea of Mexes being one half of our CB-duo, is frightening. He will always have excellent matches, but he is half-crazy.

(Reminds me - I find it funny how Bonera gets way more rubbish than Mexes in this forum. Both of them have the exact weakness - idiotic thuggery. Very similar defenders.)

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Will be renewed.

Is obviously still an addition to our team.
While we could've done without players like Ambro, Seedorf and Pippo(I still love them though, and I'm not saying they should've left) while they we're not really needed anymore.
They were renewed despite that. It's all out of respect that Milan has towards the senatores. If Nesta doesn't want to leave(which he doesn't) he will be offered a new contract.

He is a category above 'legends' for me.

Nesta is a Milan Icon.

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Such strictness in abiding rules is applied only when it comes to Barca and only when theyre in trouble. :thumbsdown:

Ibra had an identical call not given. Bullshit really.